Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 AM

62,963 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

The GOP would be getting pretty desperate to placate the Hispanic voter by running Rubio or Cruz on their ticket because they have Hispanic surnames. It would do them no good anyway. Hispanics will still vote Democrat anyway. Makes more sense to appease the over 200 million non-Hispanic voters than a measely 10 million Hispanic voters by standing up for the rule of law in this country rather than a group of ethnocentric voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 AM

6,828 posts, read 14,036,923 times
He committed the cardinal sin when he supported amnesty. The GOP will never let him get past the primaries. Him and Christie should be put on trial for treason in the GOP court of opinion.

Reggie

Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default He is still Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
He committed the cardinal sin when he supported amnesty. The GOP will never let him get past the primaries. Him and Christie should be put on trial for treason in the GOP court of opinion.

Reggie
Reggie you know all Politicians change there colors over time. Rubio needs to sit this out and wait for the next cycle. He is doing a good job for Florida and frankly I have not heard that. So I'll take you at your word this time.

Immigration will have to be a partner ship of the 3 branches of government and the approval of the American People.
Even with my pro-deport position. The system will have to be up dated just merely to reduce the flow. The problem is this Illegal Aliens in their mind is the ony way to cross is to trespass on US Territory,

Old 04-06-2014, 11:40 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He was a City Commissioner in Miami, if I recall correctly. There are government jobs where you manage/have a budget/make big decisions, solve problems. This is the experience Obama lacked. Even Ted Cruz ran something and Rand Paul ran an office.

The ones that were just a lawyer/politician/student aren't qualified to be President, in my opinion.
Since Obama isn't running again, why compare him to Rubio or anyone else who may be thinking of running?

If the GOP continues to run on only negatives, especially against a President who will retire, they're going to lose once again. The country wants to hear what the GOP is going to do in the future, not the past. And so far, they're getting nothing but more No. The nation isn't led by negatives.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Since Obama isn't running again, why compare him to Rubio or anyone else who may be thinking of running?

If the GOP continues to run on only negatives, especially against a President who will retire, they're going to lose once again. The country wants to hear what the GOP is going to do in the future, not the past. And so far, they're getting nothing but more No. The nation isn't led by negatives.

The Democrats have already attack all the GOP hopefuls.
Hilary is in hiding and Joe campaigns against himself daily.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:27 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,036,923 times
"Reggie you know all Politicians change there colors over time. Rubio needs to sit this out and wait for the next cycle. He is doing a good job for Florida and frankly I have not heard that. So I'll take you at your word this time."

I'm not sure what party you disagree with. He supports a form of amnesty while most on the right do not. He may or may not change is view on the subject but my guess is he will not. I personally think he is the new blood the party needs but I am not sure if he old guard is ready to pass that torch. I have come to conclusion that some type of amnesty will be granted but if we don't cut off the reason they come (jobs) this amnesty will fail just like it did under President Reagan. If it is not a comprehensive reform we will simply be spinning our wheels.

Reggie

Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Not this presidential cycle. Obama is going to leave a mess behind him. Whoever the next president is will have to make all the hard changes Obama doesn't have the courage to do, and it's going to take a candidate with more savvy and cred than Rubio.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:32 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Democrats have already attack all the GOP hopefuls.
Hilary is in hiding and Joe campaigns against himself daily.
While all the Republicans continue to attack Obama like he's running again. You made my point exactly.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:34 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
While all the Republicans continue to attack Obama like he's running again. You made my point exactly.
Call it draw, your team continues to blame Bush years after he left office.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:40 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Call it draw, your team continues to blame Bush years after he left office.
A President's policies and decisions are fluid. They don't stop existing after a term is done. Bush's policies leave a mark on the present, just as Obama's policies will leave a mark on the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections