Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:32 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,213,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
For the same reasons that Bush didn't and Clinton didn't. Even Reagan's popularity was slipping in the 6th year.
By the 6th year, very few Presidents remain as popular as when they were re-elected 2 years earlier.
The 6th year always seems to be the one when the chickens come home to roost, whatever the chickens are.
Most Presidents are up to their eyeballs in something by the 6th year.
November 4, 2014 may well be one evening of PAIN for Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 12:37 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,526,196 times
The poll was of select states and select potentially competitive districts. Without doing the math on each district it seems like they lean a bit more Republican than the nation as a whole, so it would make sense that the disapproval is higher than most other polling.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM

29,228 posts, read 22,455,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
November 4, 2014 may well be one evening of PAIN for Democrats.
Yes, indeed. Just as Nov. 4, 2016 may well be another evening of Democratic pain.
One side always loses and the other always wins.

But one side doesn't always win, and the other dies doesn't always lose.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,962 times
TOP 10 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT

#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my German Shepherd.

#9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn’t.

#8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

#7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

#6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

#5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy and get sex change operations if they want one on the tax payers dime.

#4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.

#3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.

#2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

…And the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish here in America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers or fish in those other countries.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my German Shepherd.
While comparing homosexuality to bestiality is a fight many on the right want it is almost certainly one they will lose and lose badly.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:03 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
While comparing homosexuality to bestiality is a fight many on the right want it is almost certainly one they will lose and lose badly.
That's the best you can do? Lulz.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,892,642 times
Keep in mind, Harley Brown got 5,000 Repub votes last night..... just sayin'

Old 05-21-2014, 10:20 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,439,241 times
"if amnesty" saying that if all of the illegal immigrants are suddenly granted citizenship. Most plans I've seen don't give them voting rights.

Like I said, it has nothing, zip, zero, nadda to do with the GOP losing elections now.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:14 PM

29,621 posts, read 16,624,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
TOP 10 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT

Dont you love hyperbole.

Quote:
#9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn’t.
4% oil profits = half a trillion dollars. And im pretty sure people would be just as pissed about that 15% as they are about the 4% if it was highlighted, but you seem not to be pissed about either.

Quote:
#8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
If you arent a billionaire, the most you paid for collectively is jack squat. However, i dont have the cash to rent a saw to cut down the tree that fell on my road after the last round of floods. The government does.

Do they always spend money wisely, no, but that doesnt mean the government cant do good.

Quote:
#7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
Freedom of speech is also about the response you give. I have just as much a right to be offended by what you say as you do about what i say.

Quote:
#6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.
there is that hyperbole again, so caught up in partisan bickering that you dont even acknowledge that Democrats own guns too. Saying that we should keep guns away from criminals is not the same as saying people shouldnt own guns.

Quote:
#5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy and get sex change operations if they want one on the tax payers dime.
Actually democrats support condoms and birth control so that people who dont want babies dont have them.

Quote:
#4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.
This one doesnt even make sense.

Quote:
#3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.
I have yet to see a Republican who wanted to eliminate all taxes.

Quote:
#2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
Pretty sure gay marriage has won on the ballot.

Quote:
…And the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish here in America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers or fish in those other countries.
The worst part about being a Southern Democrat is watching all the Republicans attack Barack Obama on lax regulations after the BP Oil spill.

Nothing like watching Republicans get on TV and tell regulators that they should have did their jobs.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:11 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,962 times
DEM: 'WE'VE PROVED COMMUNISM WORKS'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections