Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times

Advertisements

There is no way Bernie Sanders will run for President, no matter what
he's saying now.. the Left wouldn't tolerate it. They will pay him off or
do whatever it takes not to let that happen.. because he would only
reduce the tally for the Democrat.
Bernie Sanders should not be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
If Sanders runs he wouldn't run as an Independent or Third Party candidate, he would run as a Democrat in the Primary

Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If Sanders runs he wouldn't run as an Independent or Third Party candidate, he would run as a Democrat in the Primary
I hope he does. I'd give him serious consideration.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:02 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
There is no way Bernie Sanders will run for President, no matter what
he's saying now.. the Left wouldn't tolerate it. They will pay him off or
do whatever it takes not to let that happen.. because he would only
reduce the tally for the Democrat.
Bernie Sanders should not be taken seriously.
Say what now? My guess is that anyone to the left of Reagan is dreaming of someone to swing the conversation to more populist liberal ideals. In an era where 1990's Republican policy ideas are are derided as "liberal" it would be nice to have an actual liberal in the race.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Say what now? My guess is that anyone to the left of Reagan is dreaming of someone to swing the conversation to more populist liberal ideals. In an era where 1990's Republican policy ideas are are derided as "liberal" it would be nice to have an actual liberal in the race.
I just love to start my mornings with a good laugh and when I read posts that say things about Reagans views being liberal by today's standards I get to laugh or certainly smile. Times change, which is good, but Reagan's views were anything but liberal by anyone's standards that really understand how he lead and felt. Do you think standing up to communism is a liberal view for starters? Do you think standing up to unions is a liberal view? What about his ideas on welfare? On social issues he was a Libertarian, on fiscal and foreign views he was a conservative. BTW, I am generalizing, there are exceptions to all rules and views.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:31 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I hope he does. I'd give him serious consideration.
Please nominate him.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:07 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
He will never run.

The Democrats have already coronated their queen, and she has cankles and a record of failure.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:25 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,854 times
He won't run, but he's right to keep pushing the Dems on the wealth gap, growing oligarchy's control over Gov't, wages, eduction gap, supporting veterans, fighting privacy invasions, etc.

Because it's something that genuinely matters to the common man and the big-business billionaire backed Hillary types don't really give a crap about it.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I just love to start my mornings with a good laugh and when I read posts that say things about Reagans views being liberal by today's standards I get to laugh or certainly smile. Times change, which is good, but Reagan's views were anything but liberal by anyone's standards that really understand how he lead and felt. Do you think standing up to communism is a liberal view for starters? Do you think standing up to unions is a liberal view? What about his ideas on welfare? On social issues he was a Libertarian, on fiscal and foreign views he was a conservative. BTW, I am generalizing, there are exceptions to all rules and views.
I think you've confused President Reagan with St. Reagan.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
He won't run, but he's right to keep pushing the Dems on the wealth gap, growing oligarchy's control over Gov't, wages, eduction gap, supporting veterans, fighting privacy invasions, etc.

Because it's something that genuinely matters to the common man and the big-business billionaire backed Hillary types don't really give a crap about it.
Exactly. Much like the Tea Party pushed Republicans to the far right, Sanders in the primaries will push Democrats left. The Democratic party has moved so far to the right in recent years that they're about where the GOP was in the '90s--heck, they even adopted the Republicans' '90s healthcare plan, which the far right now sees as being "too liberal."

It's time the Democratic party returned to being the party that addresses issues that truly matter to the majority of people and that impact their daily lives, such as wage inequality and the wealth gap. And Sanders is a strong voice to that end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections