Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times

Advertisements

[MOD CUT/trolling/off topic]
If Sanders did run, not a problem for Dems in the 2016 annihilation of the GOP.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-01-2014 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I think you've confused President Reagan with St. Reagan.
and I can honestly say, I know more about Ronald Reagan than anyone on these boards. I don't know everything about anything, like some people on here think they do, and many of my posts are based on my opinion only, which I usually do say, but when it comes to Reagan, believe me, I do know what I am talking about.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Exactly. Much like the Tea Party pushed Republicans to the far right, Sanders in the primaries will push Democrats left. The Democratic party has moved so far to the right in recent years that they're about where the GOP was in the '90s--heck, they even adopted the Republicans' '90s healthcare plan, which the far right now sees as being "too liberal."

It's time the Democratic party returned to being the party that addresses issues that truly matter to the majority of people and that impact their daily lives, such as wage inequality and the wealth gap. And Sanders is a strong voice to that end.
I have to agree with you on pushing parties in a certain direction, yes, like Sander or Warren and yes, like the Tea party, but what is best for the country and what matters to the majority of the people is still just a matter of opinion. You think the country wants to go further left, I think you are wrong.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to agree with you on pushing parties in a certain direction, yes, like Sander or Warren and yes, like the Tea party, but what is best for the country and what matters to the majority of the people is still just a matter of opinion. You think the country wants to go further left, I think you are wrong.
What I'm saying is that we had a massive swing to the far right with the rise of the Tea Party, one that dragged everyone, even the Democrats, to the right with them. It's time for an adjustment the other way.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:45 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,570 times
I think the mistake we get drawn into making is putting every decision on a left-right spectrum.

What is good for the majority of people in this country? That should be the question our politicians ask themselves each day.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
We really need to consider Progressive ideas in this wasteland of racist and classist Republicanism.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that we had a massive swing to the far right with the rise of the Tea Party, one that dragged everyone, even the Democrats, to the right with them. It's time for an adjustment the other way.
and you could be somewhat right, but I doubt the American people are going to swing to Sanders or Warren, plus we are dealing right now with a pretty unpopular president that is considered by many to be a poor leader. I am not suggesting he is to the left of left by any means, but we do have to look at what has happened in recent years. As for social views, most of us have moved to the left in some cases.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:14 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I think the mistake we get drawn into making is putting every decision on a left-right spectrum.

What is good for the majority of people in this country? That should be the question our politicians ask themselves each day.
And this is why Bernie Sanders refuses to identify with either party.
He labels himself an "independent".

I too believe he would add greatly to the political conversation.
And I would like to hear a discussion of is ideas and platform from both perspectives.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
And this is why Bernie Sanders refuses to identify with either party.
He labels himself an "independent".

I too believe he would add greatly to the political conversation.
And I would like to hear a discussion of is ideas and platform from both perspectives.
Well unless he changes to the Democrat party I guess we will never know, will we? He would not have enough support to be involve in debates period, but I don't think we have much to worry about: I doubt he will be running for President.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Which democrats swung to the right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections