Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 08:44 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't think Obama or Biden ever made people attend their political events.

The irony is Libertarians force people to attend political events! (I wonder who else in history forced people to attend political speeches.
Uh..... Obama had to have supporters bused in to many events.

Liberty University is not a Libertarian university.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I think it's interesting that someone who hates government so much would want to be in charge of it.

Will he resign on Day 2 of his Presidency? It would be the only logical thing for him to do.
It would be helpful if you understood any of Cruz's positions and didn't do this far left, comic book version of his positions.

To my understanding Sen. Cruz believes the federal government should do those tasks assigned to it by the U.S. Constitution and leave the rest to the states, as was the intent of the Founders and the purpose of the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Is this an example of the intelligence of his supporters?
Is Boarder Security for snowboarders or skateboarders?
No, it is an example of the American education system that tells us things like spelling are not important, but what is important is the communication of the idea. Did you understand the poster's point? Then you should be celebrating the achievements of the modern American education system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I definitely want to see a birth certificate. We can all play these games... This guy is a big drama queen. Wants to give the richest Americans and corporations huge tax breaks. We don't need this religious creep running the country.
Sen. Cruz favors a fair, flat and consistent tax code. Liberals like a tax code to be punishment and provide motivations to earn and invest less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think it speaks volumes of Ted Cruz that he made this speech at Liberty, a place founded by a man who blamed 9/11 on homosexuals.
He chose Liberty University because five years ago today LU filed a lawsuit over the provisions of Obamacare that they feel violated their religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
He had a career as a state legislator, which Cruz did not. And Obama was in the Senate as long as Cruz has been. He is in a crowded field of experienced, sane governors...he doesn't stand a chance.
No Cruz was busy clerking for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, clerking for a Court of Appeals judge, being an Associate Deputy Attorney General of the U.S., the Director of Policy Planning at the FTC, Solicitor General of Texas and then a partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius to be in one of the most corrupt legislatures in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh? Have you ever heard of a Republican politician named David Duke?
David Duke was a Democrat. He became a Republican because there were so few of them in LA that he thought he had a better chance to winning a primary. The Republicans denounced David Duke down the line and went so far as withdrawing their endorsed candidate so the Democrat Johnston could win the election and not have to go to a runoff.

The Democrats by way of contrast never disowned or criticized KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd of West Virginia. In fact they lauded him at every opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Cruz has a better chance of being hit by a "Meteorite" than winning the Presidency. At least he will pull the votes of the "Crazies" in the GOP, and that will take away from what votes they have for a legitimate runner. No one in their right minds wants a Tea Party candidate, including Republicans, but it will keep the Tea Bags busy, and will cost them some dollars, leaving less for some one who is a real contender.

Lets face it, a Tea Party candidate is a long reach, since the GOP doesn't have that many people that want Teas anywhere near their Campaigns because of their extremist attitudes, and their reputation as idiots. Having the support of the Tea Party, is like having Ebola in Politics. No one wants to be around you for fear of having an association made.
What are the extremist policies of the tea party movement?

Quote:
More like Cruz will be the biggest reason not to vote Republican. This guy reminds me of "Jim Jones" with his devout followers and Kool Aid drinkers.
The only Kool Aid drinkers I see are the foaming at the mouth yellow dogs who will go to any length to twist the truth, obfuscate and outright lie when they can get away with it.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Wow!

Great Post! I am sure Wrecking ball is tucked in the fetal position trying to think of a way to defend Obama , while trying to figure out how to call someone a Birther!

Very Good Post and he has actually took Republicans to court as well as Dem. Your points emboldens why some Dem and Rep do not like him. He is not a establishment candidate.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,576,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You are exactly wrong. Cruz has quite a lot more experience than Obama, and unlike Obama, Ted Cruz actually IS a constitutional scholar, as he has presented before the Supreme Court and taught law classes about Supreme Court Litigation.

There is a lot more. Ted Cruz's academic background is stellar, far superior to Barack Obama. If someone else wants to post something on that, I will leave you to it.

Ted Cruz truly has one of the most elite legal backgrounds in the United States of America. That is not an exaggeration. It is a fact. And one that Barack Obama himself knows he cannot hold a candle to. The same comparison also applies to Hillary Clinton as well.
Cruz may have a paper trail background, but has he ever really done anything useful? Seems to me all he is , is a Professional "Student" and Bull artist, like any other person living off Government pay. If he is all that great, how come he isn't already the President? Couldn't beat Romney? Or McCain? And you can't say he has "More Experience" than Obama at all. Obama "IS" the President and was the President for the last two terms. What has Cruz done? Talk about it?

I will have to go along with you on one point. Cruz has done something Obama never has done. And that's SHUT DOWN the Government at the Cost of 3 Billion dollars to Taxpayers. Obama has never done that, so Cruz is ahead of him there. Also, Obama has brought this Country back from an Economic Catastrophe , brought down unemployment, brought consumer confidence back, eliminated more Terrorists than any other President, Passed a Health Care Act, and much more. Cruz can only dream about those things.

Seems to me Obama is holding all the "Candles" you say he can not hold. At the end of this term, he will have a background as President of the United States of America for 8, that's 8, years. Something else Cruz can Dream about. Did I say 8, that's 8 years?

If we believed you, we would have to say it was Cruz who brought down the Commandments from the Mountain, and he is the one who will save the World, when in fact, all he brought down was the Republican Party popularity index.

Talk is cheap. Cruz talks the talk, but Obama is walking the walk, and has walked it for 7 years. Find something even close for Cruz. See if he can even hold one miniature "Birthday Cake Candle.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:09 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
Quote:
More like Cruz will be the biggest reason not to vote Republican. This guy reminds me of "Jim Jones" with his devout followers and Kool Aid drinkers.
I'll buy a couple thousand packets of grape Kool aid!

Kool Aid Kool aid tastes great!

Kool aid Kool aid can't wait!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,634,535 times
Cruz should be a big hit with the morons on Faux..

Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
No need to get all upset over Cruz being compared to Jim Jones, because he is smooth talking and has a cult of followers. Its just an opinion comparison. You have yours, I have mine. Calm down. People get "Strokes" turning all red and stuff, talking about yellow dogs.

As for the rest of your post, at the end of the Day, guess who is in the White House? Guess who won two terms? Nothing else needs to be said....facts are facts.

I would compare Barack Obama to Jim Jones, before I ever would Ted Cruz.
You're proof that the cult of corruption, is among us.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:17 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,576,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would compare Barack Obama to Jim Jones, before I ever would Ted Cruz.
You're proof that the cult of corruption, is among us.

Of course you would. Nope, never was into Corruption. That's why I left the Republican Party when Bush and Cheney took office. But thanks for caring...

Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Of course you would. Nope, never was into Corruption. That's why I left the Republican Party when Bush and Cheney took office. But thanks for caring...

The cult of corruption, wears a Progressive banner....

Old 03-23-2015, 10:24 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Great Post!
which post?

Quote:
I am sure Wrecking ball is tucked in the fetal position...
nope. just casually reclining.

Quote:
.... trying to think of a way to defend Obama ,
from what?

Quote:
... while trying to figure out how to call someone a Birther!
if the shoe fits.....

Old 03-23-2015, 10:27 PM

Default After Teds sermon this morning....

Everyone is second guessing the guy. No teleprompter. Speaking from the heart. Hitting every point.
The flow was uncharacteristic of a stiff rehearsed politician.(Dole, McCain, Romney, Hilary)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections