Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 04:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Every candidate out there right now has at least one MAJOR flaw. Cruz, Rubio, and Paul: 1 term Senators, which is a red flag given the current prez. Bush will be inevitably linked by the low-info voter to his brother who exited amid unpopularity. Carson has zero elected experience. Hillary has 30 years of scandals from Whitewater to cattlegate to travelgate to email-gate.
And don't forget Benghazi, where four Americans were murdered as a direct result of her incompetence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 04:31 PM

165 posts, read 206,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Dad will not be on the ballot however.
Dad's influence will.
And, like it or not, that crazed birther squawk scares a whole lot of voters.

Last edited by Data Donut; 04-08-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 04:37 PM

165 posts, read 206,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And don't forget Benghazi, where four Americans were murdered as a direct result of her incompetence.
How many investigations done?
-Six (maybe 7 by now)

The results?
-Zero

Time and tax payer money wasted because of the right's hatred (and fear) of Hillary?
-Too much

Quote:
a report from the Republican led House Intelligence Committee on the September
2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, "confirms that no one was deliberately misled,
no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces)
was given."
https://prospect.org/article/house-i...e-its-findings
Hey, I know, why don't you have yet another vote to repeal Obamacare.
Because the first 50-something didn't turn out the way you hoped.

Last edited by Data Donut; 04-08-2015 at 05:29 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 04:37 PM

546 posts, read 408,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is because if any candidate did, they would lose the woman vote of they were thinking of voting for them. If Romney mentioned abortion, he would have faced fewer votes than McCain had in 2008 rather than gain votes.
Because women all vote mindlessly for the pro-choice candidate, without considering other issues?

Don't think much of the critical thinking of women, do you?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Donut View Post
Dad's influence will.
And, like it or not, that crazed birther squawk scares a whole lot of voters.
I don't think so.

The only people who seem scared are those who are already committed to the Democratic candidate.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:06 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
Because women all vote mindlessly for the pro-choice candidate, without considering other issues?

Don't think much of the critical thinking of women, do you?
I know my own mother voted for the pro-life candidates even though she was on the opposite side on nearly every other issue. I think a lot of church going people do that.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Donut View Post
How many investigations done?
-Six (maybe 7 by now)

The results?
-Zero

Time and tax payer money wasted because of the right's hatred (and fear) of Hillary?
-Too much

Hey, I know, why don't you have yet another vote to repeal Obamacare.
Because the first 50-something didn't turn out the way you hoped.
I suspect the report may have been a case of top republicans deciding that this was one time where partisanship had to stop at water's edge. From what I've read there were 40 Americans in Benghazi, and only 7 were Dept. of State employees. The rest were CIA or contractors. There was something going on there (a 'rat line' according to Sy Hersh) and the GOP committee did not want to blow the lid off of whatever it was.

Also from what I've read, most if all of the requests for security were turned down by state dept underlings and never made it as high as Hillary, so we can't really blame her for that.

There are still a couple of things that will haunt her. One is the 'talking points' matter. A Dem Rep had requested talking points about Benghazi from the CIA, which is normal in such cases, because there is otherwise a risk of the rep spilling something classified in, say, a press interview. The CIA issued the talking points, which were revised something like 11 times at State Dept request. Certainly Hillary was in the loop at that point. They took out all references to terrorists and terrorism. The reasons are pretty obvious in hindsight. It was less than 2 months until the election. It's not the crime, it's the cover up.

Hillary also has the statement to the father of Tyrone Woods in her file.

Another issue has been brought up by Jason Chaffetz (R, Utah) which is that the scenario in Benghazi was the direct consequence of Hillary's 'expeditionary' approach which was a key element of her policies at state. She wanted our people on the ground even in dangerous areas, in order to make sure we could 'dialogue' w/ them, I guess.
How Hillary Clinton

Quote:
The most controversial may be her push for “expeditionary diplomacy,” the idea that diplomats should engage more with people beyond embassy walls, which Stevens, the ambassador to Libya, exemplified.

We don't even have to get into whether she lied, covered up, etc. We can just look at whether this was an ill-considered approach that she took as SOS. The Brits had pulled their people out of Benghazi in June due to the chaos and violence. We didn't due to Hillary's 'expeditionary' vision.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 PM

546 posts, read 408,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I know my own mother voted for the pro-life candidates even though she was on the opposite side on nearly every other issue. I think a lot of church going people do that.
I've heard people say they'd never vote for X because they're pro-abortion, I've heard people say they'd never vote for Z because they're anti-choice.

I don't believe it's just a "church going" thing.

Single issue voters annoy the **** out of me. I appreciate passion, I appreciate convictions, but considering the larger picture is important too.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I don't think so.

The only people who seem scared are those who are already committed to the Democratic candidate.
Scared? I don't think that is the correct word. Amused yes, scared, NO!

Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Ted Cruz, is going to be more of a Nightmare for Hillary, and all the lefts mud, than Rand Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections