Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Will the media treat him like they did his dad?

During the upcoming April recess, it is speculated by many, the hints will turn into reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Will the media treat him like they did his dad?

During the upcoming April recess, it is speculated by many, the hints will turn into reality.
I know how much you supported his dad, and how unfair you thought he was treated, but Rand is different. I could not have tsupported Ron Paul, Rand maybe. Will he be treated like some of the more popular mainstream candidaes probably not, but he will get more coverage and more positive coverage than his day. Now, he has to learn to smile with sincerity and not with a smirk!!!

Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
I could support him as a VP, but we don't need another Senator as a President from either party. We need someone with experience as a governor next.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Good news! It is starting to look like the Republican Primary will be very entertaining to watch this time around.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
It's time to fish or cut bait.

Rand understood that, and so will others. Expect more announcements to follow very soon, as this is the time when the big contributors need to get rounded up by everyone who is considering a run. With today's ORC poll showing Rand is the most favored possible right now, only trailing Hillary by 11 points, he had the good sense to jump in at the perfect time for him.

Every other possible who has been mentioned is from 12 to 16 points behind Hillary. Paul can wrap up a bunch of serious money right now, and he could be able to cut out 2-3 of the others by doing it. Marco Rubio will probably be the next to jump in; he's only 1 point behind Paul, so if he has decided to run, he will need to get it quick.

The pair both have the best name recognition of the entire Republican bunch, and making the most of that will bring in the big bucks.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:40 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
So far, I think he is the best of the lot. I don't agree with all of his positions, but most of them. He is a strong supporter of the Constitution and individual freedom (with the exception of abortion), and he was and is strongly against the Patriot Act.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I like and admire Rand Paul, just as I did his father, but I wish that he would stay in the Senate and continue working with libertarian-oriented R's like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz to advance a pro-liberty agenda. By running for prez he is just going to isolate himself and his supporters from the larger GOP. As the primaries progress and people drop out, his share will drop, and his people will claim an anti-Paul conspiracy. I'm afraid he will wind up marginalized, which would be a shame because I think a voice like his is desperately needed right about now.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
One thing about Rand is he has been out there staking his positions early more then any other hopefuls including Hillary. Of course he has had some early blunders such as the vaccine controversy and signing that stupid letter to Iran.

Who ever the {R} nominee is will need some cross over appeal and I think Rand has that. The young Ron Paul supporters will be out in full force supporting Rand. And Rand has been working hard to get the black vote. And has been speaking all over the place most recently at Bowie university and has been getting a good response.

At this point I would vote for him but I am keeping a close eye on him. I will not stoop so low as to hold my nose for anyone I refuse to do it. And if Rand gets too {R} I will vote 3rd party.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's time to fish or cut bait.

Rand understood that, and so will others. Expect more announcements to follow very soon, as this is the time when the big contributors need to get rounded up by everyone who is considering a run. With today's ORC poll showing Rand is the most favored possible right now, only trailing Hillary by 11 points, he had the good sense to jump in at the perfect time for him.

Every other possible who has been mentioned is from 12 to 16 points behind Hillary. Paul can wrap up a bunch of serious money right now, and he could be able to cut out 2-3 of the others by doing it. Marco Rubio will probably be the next to jump in; he's only 1 point behind Paul, so if he has decided to run, he will need to get it quick.

The pair both have the best name recognition of the entire Republican bunch, and making the most of that will bring in the big bucks.

This sample includes 605 interviews among landline respondents and 404 interviews among cell phone respondents (I wonder who these uninformed people are? Probably some c-d posters in that bunch)

Look closer

Never heard of Bush 14%
never heard of Huckabee, Christie, Paul 24-29%

never heard of Rubio 39%
never heard of Walker 49%

Mike Huckabee never heard of by 24 percent of the respondents? Unreal.
So why give that poll any credence?

Every other poll has Clintons lead over the leading candidates as between 5-10 percent. Granted I never noticed the percentage of "never heard of" in all the other polls.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:32 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This sample includes 605 interviews among landline respondents and 404 interviews among cell phone respondents (I wonder who these uninformed people are? Probably some c-d posters in that bunch)
[/font]
Look closer

Never heard of Bush 14%
never heard of Huckabee, Christie, Paul 24-29%

never heard of Rubio 39%
never heard of Walker 49%

Mike Huckabee never heard of by 24 percent of the respondents? Unreal.
So why give that poll any credence?

Every other poll has Clintons lead over the leading candidates as between 5-10 percent. Granted I never noticed the percentage of "never heard of" in all the other polls.
It is a scary thought that people that are so political ignorant as the poll shows will show up and vote. We have posters here that think that is a good thing and cheers them on. After all the ignorant could be voting for their team, you just gotta love democracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections