U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 PM
 
1,115 posts, read 596,093 times
Reputation: 1121

Advertisements

Plenty of room in the republican clown car

Hop in, Randy ... ya can sit between Dumb Scott and Crazy Ted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
5,919 posts, read 2,820,733 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Will the media treat him like they did his dad?

During the upcoming April recess, it is speculated by many, the hints will turn into reality.
Not only did the media ignore Ron Paul, but the corporations did not give him any campaign money either.

Ron only collected $14 million dollars in 2012 (and you need $900 million to run for president.)
Top Contributors to Ron Paul | OpenSecrets


I disagree with most of Ron Paul's tax policies. But Ron Paul is honest, straightforward, doesn't kiss a--, and will stick his nose in anyones business. I would assume the powers that be in Washington (the same ones who control our media) would not allow a man like Ron Paul to be president.

Could you imagine if a man like Ron Paul was president? He would be sticking his nose in every congressional group, every government agency, and inside US military organizations.


Will the media treat him like they did his dad? I don't think so, Rand will go with the flow of Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 03:44 AM
 
4,173 posts, read 2,928,799 times
Reputation: 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What exactly stinks with the economy? Job growth is on the rise and we have better job creation than any point during the recovery. I'm not an Obama supporter but I see this.
You can't say that without being called an "Obamabot". A closet "leftie". A naive believer in change! LOL

Anyhow, we are on the same page here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 03:49 AM
 
4,173 posts, read 2,928,799 times
Reputation: 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Not only did the media ignore Ron Paul, but the corporations did not give him any campaign money either.

Ron only collected $14 million dollars in 2012 (and you need $900 million to run for president.)
Top Contributors to Ron Paul | OpenSecrets


I disagree with most of Ron Paul's tax policies. But Ron Paul is honest, straightforward, doesn't kiss a--, and will stick his nose in anyones business. I would assume the powers that be in Washington (the same ones who control our media) would not allow a man like Ron Paul to be president.

Could you imagine if a man like Ron Paul was president? He would be sticking his nose in every congressional group, every government agency, and inside US military organizations.


Will the media treat him like they did his dad? I don't think so, Rand will go with the flow of Washington.
He is likely being ignored because he is seen as a disruptive influence and not in a positive way. I believe that if a Libertarian ever acheived the opportunity to apply their ideology, after the dust settled, they would be lynched and no Libertarian would ever get elected in the US again.

Libertarianism isn't anarchy, but it is the next thing on the political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 07:44 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Reputation: 14142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rand Paul is one guy I don't want to ever see anywhere close to the White House!

I wouldn't think a die-hard Progressive socialist like yourself, would ever want a Conservative, to ruin your day of entitlement.
How's that Obama phone working for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What exactly stinks with the economy? Job growth is on the rise and we have better job creation than any point during the recovery. I'm not an Obama supporter but I see this.
The lost jobs were replaced by those that pay 23 percent less. The avg weeks unemployed from 2000-2008 before the crash was 18-22 weeks, it's at 32 weeks now. The median family income is stagnant at best while prices are rising. Luckily gas prices are still down or it would be worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You can't say that without being called an "Obamabot". A closet "leftie". A naive believer in change! LOL

Anyhow, we are on the same page here.
As one should be or just ignorant on the facts. LOL See the above post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 08:32 AM
 
4,173 posts, read 2,928,799 times
Reputation: 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The lost jobs were replaced by those that pay 23 percent less. The avg weeks unemployed from 2000-2008 before the crash was 18-22 weeks, it's at 32 weeks now. The median family income is stagnant at best while prices are rising. Luckily gas prices are still down or it would be worse.
There is truth to the lower quality jobs argument. But, it is a pattern that has been underway for the last 15 years. It does not change the raft of economic indicators that have been rising steadily for 5 years. Now, I do not give Obama credit for that, but the economy is far better than 5 years ago by many measures. 5.5 unemployment with lower wages, is better than 9.5 unemployment with lower wages, no?

You sound like you want to find problems because there is a Democrat in the White House. I understand. I suspect the same numbers would be adequate if your candidate was in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,137 posts, read 15,677,613 times
Reputation: 9811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The lost jobs were replaced by those that pay 23 percent less. The avg weeks unemployed from 2000-2008 before the crash was 18-22 weeks, it's at 32 weeks now. The median family income is stagnant at best while prices are rising. Luckily gas prices are still down or it would be worse.
That's the mean average, the median average is actually shorter at 13.1 weeks. Duration of Unemployment | Department of Numbers Only three weeks higher than most of the 2002-04 when there was a "jobless recovery" to the recession related to the dot.com bubble as Nancy Pelosi put it. The mean is highly swayed by people who cannot find work for year(s).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
There is truth to the lower quality jobs argument. But, it is a pattern that has been underway for the last 15 years.
No it's not. During the government induced boom cycle it was the opposite until right before the crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
It does not change the raft of economic indicators that have been rising steadily for 5 years. Now, I do not give Obama credit for that, but the economy is far better than 5 years ago by many measures. 5.5 unemployment with lower wages, is better than 9.5 unemployment with lower wages, no?
IF prices were falling then it would definitely be better as well as good. Far better? How about not as catastrophic? Better and good don't enter into the mix. Those are positive indicators. Symantics? Maybe, but being robbed only once last week compared to twice the week before and saying things are looking up isn't the truth either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You sound like you want to find problems because there is a Democrat in the White House. I understand. I suspect the same numbers would be adequate if your candidate was in there.
That's your twisted agenda because you don't want it to be about the facts. So instead you make things up about the poster. The fact remains the economy isn't very good.

btw A Romney presidency wouldn't be that much different, just the hand picked winners and losers would change. That's what many don't get. I wonder if you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top