Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:37 PM

209 posts, read 134,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
People are finding jobs again now. The Great Recession is over. The housing bubble is shrinking as people are beginning to buy homes once again. The NASDAQ finally returned to it's pre-recession high this month.

We have avoided going into war again by the skin of our teeth. Pictures of terminally sick kids on glass charity jugs no longer sit next to cash registers. No one can now be denied health insurance for having a bad ticker or any other previous condition. College loans can now no longer cripple young graduates for 30 years of the most productive time in their lives.

The American automobile industry is healthy. So are dozens of other American businesses. Cities are working their way clear of 8 bad years of the first 10 in the 21st century.

We have a long way to go still, and we have a lot more to do, but things are getting better. We aren't stuck in the rut anymore.

Yeah… I think all that is working pretty good. Everything could be working better, but everything can always work better. Real progress has been made, whether you like it or not. Millions of folks see it just as I see it. If you can't see the progress, that's your problem. It's happened.

You're joking, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah because of the Tea Party which do call themselves Republicans. 54% are republican with, 60% generally vote republican and, 41% are independent according to findings in a CBS poll from 2010. As I said, you're over-estimating the independent part because should that number hold weight, you have 6% who generally vote republican of the 41% (and who's to say they didn't vote Republican more) and 54 who seemingly are "home-team Republicans."

The quote, that was more on your idea that Cruz can win because the majority of the so-called independent conservatives are in red states, and not enough elsewhere in battleground states.

It is the states that do not allow you to vote in the primaries, unless you declare and register as a Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian, that I worry about. Many Independents are not going to register and swear a blood oath to a party. That will put Rubio in, unless Ted pulls big oil and the Rothschild/Rockefeller Base somehow.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Romney made Jugears look like a slow witted schoolboy in their debates.
Obama acted very distracted and didn't even bother to look up or make eye contact with Romney because he wanted to show his indifference to his opponent, who ran rhetorical circles around him until he was out of breath.

If you can't get someone to react either positively or negatively, your efforts have been for naught; you haven't won anything. I don't think Obama is a great president at all, but he's very, very clever and quietly, even politely manipulative.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:56 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Ho-baggers won't care that he'll wipe the floor with her just as o-baggers didn't care that Romney made Jugears look like a slow witted schoolboy in their debates. Lefties don't vote for substance.
Uh-huh.
Obama rope-a-doped Romney and finished him off without breaking a sweat in the second debate. Unlike you, Romney was smart enough to know he had just punched himself all out and it was all downhill from there.
In a paraphrase from that immortal moment…
Proceed, Ed.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Uh-huh.
Obama rope-a-doped Romney and finished him off without breaking a sweat in the second debate. Unlike you, Romney was smart enough to know he had just punched himself all out and it was all downhill from there.
In a paraphrase from that immortal moment…
Proceed, Ed.

Unlike Ted Cruz, in a debate, Mitt Romney did not know the facts of what he was debating. He was just told some talking points and Candy Crowley stumped him with lies and he had no clue how to answer.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Unlike Ted Cruz, in a debate, Mitt Romney did not know the facts of what he was debating. He was just told some talking points and Candy Crowley stumped him with lies and he had no clue how to answer.
Then why was he stumped? A lie is always the easiest thing to jump on in a debate. Factually, Crowley did not lie. You can believe whatever suits your mindset, of course, but pigs is pigs and facts is facts. Like I said, Mitt was doomed from that second on. He knew it, too.

Since this has nothing at all to do with the present and Cruz' debating skills, I can't help but wonder why you are indulging in the pointless deflection. You should be tooting' your horn for your guy, not some chump you disliked in 2012.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Then why was he stumped? A lie is always the easiest thing to jump on in a debate. Factually, Crowley did not lie. You can believe whatever suits your mindset, of course, but pigs is pigs and facts is facts. Like I said, Mitt was doomed from that second on. He knew it, too.

Since this has nothing at all to do with the present and Cruz' debating skills, I can't help but wonder why you are indulging in the pointless deflection. You should be tooting' your horn for your guy, not some chump you disliked in 2012.

Because Mitt didn't know the facts. Only the political talking points the establishment fed him.
Ted on the other hand, come prepared with a photographic memory of the facts.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:03 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
I wouldnt mind seeing a debate between Cruz, and Sanders. But agree with many, Cruz appeals to only the far right, he isnt going to be the candidate in my opinion. But maybe I am wrong. Should be interesting.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Yeah and yet the complain how Obama is still in office. They had the chance to help Romney but sat on their duffs with the boo-boo face.
Because the lessor of two evils is still evil.

Quote:
If they win the nomination, they'll have the boo-boo face again but because they realized what the public already knew, they aren't electable on the national stage.
Yet the big government policies have done exactly what again? The look on the faces of the Obamabots is the look of failure.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because Mitt didn't know the facts. Only the political talking points the establishment fed him.
Ted on the other hand, come prepared with a photographic memory of the facts.
I hope we are both entertained with a Cruz-Clinton debate. or something that may come along sooner. I have no doubt Ted could beat Mitt on Romney's best day in a debate.

I also regret that the opportunity for Obama to take a hunk out of Cruz in a debate will most likely never happen. THAT one would have been really good, but it's all just fantasy football now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections