Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 02:27 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you dense? I said it isn't my personal opinion! It's the facts based on viable resources and stats. Why would I need to justify my objection to illegal immigration anyway? It's against the law! One has to be pretty stupid not to realize that if you flood our country with millions of illegal aliens it is going to negatively impact job opportunities for Americans and deplete our tax coffers. Not to mention unaccounted for population growth that stresses our natural and social resources. They don't get any health or background checks either so we have no idea who's coming thru our border.

Once again, there is no "reform" on the table. It's amnesty! It will still be against the law to come here illegally so just where is the "reform"? Where did I insult anyone and how is it a nativist view to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? A nativist wouldn't want any immigrants in our country. I have no problem with "legal" immigrants who never violated our immigration laws so how does that make me a nativist? (you won't answer that anymore than "bob" will though, will you)? Facts are insults to you pro-illegals and that makes no sense at all. That and the race card is all you have. It's getting ridiculous! If anyone is a racist in this issue it is those who put their ethnic group above our immigration laws and want them rewarded regardless of how negatively it impacts the rest of us and I have plenty of viable stats/facts to prove it. If I posted them you'd still remain in denial though, wouldn't you?
If ranting makes you feel better, go right ahead, but you're certainly not winning any converts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 02:39 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If ranting makes you feel better, go right ahead, but you're certainly not winning any converts.
Wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced is a rant? Only to those who don't give a damn about our laws and the rightful citizens of this country. It hit a nerve of truth, didn't it? I don't expect to win any converts from those who are bleeding hearts that put emotion above the facts nor any converts from those who put ethnic ties above our laws. There is no changing that anti-American tribal mentality as it appears to be some kind of a cultural trait. And yet we should go along with amnestying those with that same type of mindset? Really?

I reply to posts that try to claim that illegal immigration and amnesty are a benefit to the American people because I can't stand anti-American liars and people who think they are above our laws and should be rewarded for breaking them. These are millions of foreigners who violated our immigration laws for God's sake! I care about my fellow citizens and the huge negative impact that illegal immigration has on them in so many ways. That's the way any sane American would feel.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:42 PM

698 posts, read 587,805 times
Quote:
Are you dense? I said it isn't my personal opinion! It's the facts based on viable resources and stats. Why would I need to justify my objection to illegal immigration anyway? It's against the law! One has to be pretty stupid not to realize that if you flood our country with millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less that it is going to negatively impact job opportunities for Americans and deplete our tax coffers. Not to mention unaccounted for population growth that stresses our natural and social resources. They don't get any health or background checks either so we have no idea who's coming thru our border.

Once again, there is no "reform" on the table. It's amnesty! It will still be against the law to come here illegally so just where is the "reform"? Where did I insult anyone and how is it a nativist view to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? A nativist wouldn't want any immigrants in our country. I have no problem with "legal" immigrants who never violated our immigration laws so how does that make me a nativist? (you won't answer that anymore than "bob" will though, will you)? Facts are insults to you pro-illegals and that makes no sense at all. That and the race card is all you have. It's getting ridiculous! If anyone is a racist in this issue it is those who put their ethnic group above our immigration laws and want them rewarded regardless of how negatively it impacts the rest of us and I have plenty of viable stats/facts to prove it. If I posted them you'd still remain in denial though, wouldn't you?
Laws can be changed, that is the heart of the entire debate about immigration reform. If the law was changed tomorrow to allow millions of additional Latinos to legally immigrate to the United States, are you saying that you would have no problem with that?

Please post these so-called facts that will prove that immigration reform is bad for our country. I would love to see what you have that can turn an opinion and current policy debate into settled fact. It is like saying that you have some stats/facts that prove vanilla is the best ice cream flavor.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced is a rant? Only to those who don't give a damn about our laws and the rightful citizens of this country. It hit a nerve of truth, didn't it? I don't expect to win any converts from those who are bleeding hearts that put emotion above the facts nor any converts from those who put ethnic ties above our laws. There is no changing that anti-American tribal mentality as it appears to be some kind of a cultural trait. And yet we should go along with amnestying those with that same type of mindset? Really?

I reply to posts that try to claim that illegal immigration and amnesty are a benefit to the American people because I can't stand anti-American liars and people who think they are above our laws and should be rewarded for breaking them. These are millions of foreigners who violated our immigration laws for God's sake! I care about my fellow citizens and the huge negative impact that illegal immigration has on them in so many ways. That's the way any sane American would feel.
Yes, that is most definitely a rant. At least you're not screaming by posting in all caps with exclamation marks. I'll give you that.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:54 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Laws can be changed, that is the heart of the entire debate about immigration reform. If the law was changed tomorrow to allow millions of additional Latinos to legally immigrate to the United States, are you saying that you would have no problem with that?

Please post these so-called facts that will prove that immigration reform is bad for our country. I would love to see what you have that can turn an opinion and current policy debate into settled fact. It is like saying that you have some stats/facts that prove vanilla is the best ice cream flavor.

During 2007, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office reviewed 29 reports published over 15 years on the impact of unauthorized immigrants on the budgets of state and local governments. While cautioning that the reports are not a suitable basis for developing an aggregate national effect across all states, they concluded that:[20]
  • State and local governments incur costs for providing services to unauthorized immigrants and have limited options for avoiding or minimizing those costs;
  • The amount that state and local governments spend on services for unauthorized immigrants represents a small percentage of the total amount spent by those governments to provide such services to residents in their jurisdictions;
  • The tax revenues that unauthorized immigrants generate for state and local governments do not offset the total cost of services provided to those immigrants, although the impact is most likely modest; and
  • Federal aid programs offer resources to state and local governments that provide services to unauthorized immigrants, but those funds do not fully cover the costs incurred by those governments.
Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-24-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post

I don't know how to make you understand that what is being proposed is not a change in the law so it's not "reform". How many times do I have to say it? It will still be a violation of our immigration laws to come here illegally. Do you finally get it? It is amnesty for illegal alien lawbreakers, period!

Allowing more immigrants to come here annually is not what is being proposed either and I don't give a damn where they are coming from. We have more immigrants that want to come here than we can accommodate in jobs and resources while also keeping our population in check. What part of that aren't you getting? Our quotas are already based on the above so why would we allow in more anyway? That makes no sense! Most of the ones that want to come here are like the illegals we already have here and they are a net burden to our society because they are the unskilled, uneducated and poor. We don't need them! We don't have jobs and resources for them. We have 23 million unemployed Americans.

I see a poster has already posted some stats on the problems of illegal immigration and also too much legal immigration is a bad thing. Are they good enough for you? I can't post stats on any ''reform" because there is no such thing. It is amnesty!

Old 04-24-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Yes, that is most definitely a rant. At least you're not screaming by posting in all caps with exclamation marks. I'll give you that.
Of course it's a rant to you just as I said you are an illegal alien sympathizer who can't handle the truth and has no respect for our immigration laws.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
No, Aeroguy, the 46% Obama margin was facts, it happened, not speculation.

Latino USA pop median age is a decade younger than US overall. That will fuel their growth as an ever larger % of the US voting population.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:22 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
I agree, Bureaucat, it was refreshing to see the OldGlory rant was not in the childish capitalized letters usually used by that poster.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree, Bureaucat, it was refreshing to see the OldGlory rant was not in the childish capitalized letters usually used by that poster.
I usually don't use caps in a debate. If I did it might be a word or two and that would be to just make a word stand out. You know, just like your bolded words above. So don't be a hypocrite. You won't answer this as usual but why is it a rant to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? You know you are on the wrong side of this issue but you will never admit it. Apparently ethnic ties trumps our laws and the best interests of this country and its citizens. Shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections