Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:52 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,921 times

Advertisements

Trump has no shot at winning, c'mon now. He is a fad. He found a few angry supremacists to worship him but these idiots know nothing of his politics. Everything coming out of his mouth are just fluff talk. All flash, no substance.

This man filed bankruptcy 4 times. I imagine if you applied for a management position and you had a history of filing bankruptcy and being racists. No one in their right mind would hire you.

Republicans need to pick a real candidate. Not this clown.

He talked about China manipulating their currencies, but what will he actually do about it? You think Trump is going to deport all the illegals and close our borders? Lol, his business depends on undocumented immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 07:09 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Trump has no shot at winning, c'mon now. He is a fad. He found a few angry supremacists to worship him but these idiots know nothing of his politics. Everything coming out of his mouth are just fluff talk. All flash, no substance.

This man filed bankruptcy 4 times. I imagine if you applied for a management position and you had a history of filing bankruptcy and being racists. No one in their right mind would hire you.

Republicans need to pick a real candidate. Not this clown.

He talked about China manipulating their currencies, but what will he actually do about it? You think Trump is going to deport all the illegals and close our borders? Lol, his business depends on undocumented immigrants.
Angry supremists? WTH does that mean? Who are they? The man is still rich in spite of former financial troubles. It just shows he can pick himself up by his bootstraps and start all over again. That's something commendable not something to make fun of.

Can't you leftists ever debate civilly? Calling any candidate a clown is just plain juvenile. Trump will not win the nomination I can almost guarantee it but you guys are foaming at the mouth over him. What he did was awaken the American public of the drawbacks of illegal immigration and I commend him for that. I hope whomever is the GOP candidate will take note of that and run on a platform of ending this problem.

There never was any plan by any GOPer to round up and deport illegal aliens. Just another leftist lie. If we take steps to remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and continue to come here we will make great strides in ridding this country of illegal aliens. There never was any plan to close the border either. Just another leftist lie. There would always be legal ports of entry. You have absolutely no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working in any of his businesses either.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
This guy is a clown. Can't believe people are actually supporting him who aren't paid.

Donald Trump appears to have deleted an unfortunate retweet about Jeb Bush's wife - Business Insider
Even if this tweet was truly written by Trump he didn't say anything negative about Bush's wife. The negative remark was directed at Jeb. I have seen it over and over personally where a non-Hispanic American married to a Hispanic suddenly became defenders of illegal aliens. I wouldn't doubt one iota that Jeb's position on illegal immigration was at least partially formed from being married to a Mexican. Sorry, if the truth hurts.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wouldn't doubt one iota that Jeb's position on illegal immigration was at least partially formed from being married to a Mexican.
I don't doubt it either. The difference between us is that it causes me think better of him. Although it wouldn't lead me to vote for him, which is exactly his problem.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't doubt it either. The difference between us is that it causes me think better of him. Although it wouldn't lead me to vote for him, which is exactly his problem.
Why would you think better of Jeb for defending illegal aliens just because he is married to a Mexican? As a politician he should be defending our immigration laws and putting Americans first not illegal foreigners nor the ethnicity/nationality of his spouse.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-06-2015 at 07:43 AM..

Old 07-06-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would you think better of Jeb for defending illegal aliens just because he is married to a Mexican? As a politician he should be defending our immigration laws and putting Americans first not illegal foreigners.
Because it shows he doesn't demonize hispanics. And it's my impression that a lot of the talk about illegal immigration is just a cover for old-fashioned American xenophobia. I grew up in southern California in the 50s, so I'm intimately familiar with this phenomenon.

I've said before that I don't care much about illegal immigration one way or the other. I'm good with enforcing the law the way it is, and I'm also good with a "path to citizenship". I'm certainly good with catching evildoers, regardless of their citizenship status. I just don't see illegal immigration as a burning issue. Sorry.

Last edited by jacqueg; 07-06-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
How have those last two establishment candidates "who actually have a shot" worked out?

If the Republicans want to win this time they should at least try nominating a Republican.
I dont understand the flawed argument you are using.

the US is like a bell curve, the majority sit in that hump in the middle. Nominating someone in the fringe is going to alienate alot of people from voting for them.

Why do you think nominating someone on the fringe edges would win you votes ???

Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
that delete tweet will be what atleast 30% of republican primary voters think. Discount trump at your peril
I do hope you are correct.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:35 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
I was expecting to see an insult in that tweet.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
that delete tweet will be what atleast 30% of republican primary voters think.
I don't doubt it. In fact, I think 30% might be low.

Quote:
Discount trump at your peril
Oh, I don't discount him at all. I think he is on track to be a major factor in how Rs will be viewed come the general election. But I don't think that will be a good thing for the R nominee, no matter who it turns out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections