Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 04:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

He may be a showman, he may not be a politician, but that won't win elections.
Congress disagreed with Reagan. He didn't compromise, he want to the American public.

None.of which addresses the differences in being unsuccessful while trying and not trying becuase you lied.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,850,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Just saw the News and now The GOP says Trump may be banned from future events, if he does not take the pledge to not run as an independent. I guess they thing they need to "Fix" the elections again, since they can't find anyone people feel comfortable voting for.
They don't really understand the issue behind Trump not taking the pledge. He has tapped into the mistrust and angst of the Republican Party. It is in protest mode and not governing as yet. So, his leverage is - you try to jack with me like you do the conservatives, i.e. Tea Party, I am going to rip your head off. LOL!

The mood in the Republican Party is at such a high level of distrust, they might well follow Trump where he leads.

The other scenario could be that they realize Ted Cruz is what they want - fighting against the liars in his party but also having the political experience to get the job done.

We do know, at least, that without that 20 or 30% following Trump, they can't win without them.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM

998 posts, read 666,333 times
Nobody is more upset right now than the GOP establishment and FOX News, who had their orders to take Trump down. They all underestimated him, and I love how he reeled them all in by declaring that he hadn't really prepared for the debate. They thought he would be an easy mark, but then he fought back and absolutely killed it.

The guy won hands down and he doesn't even have any experience debating. Think about that for a moment... he was on a stage, watched by 24 million people against some of the best debaters in the world, and he still won the night.

"Trump learned how to debate. Oh oh...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LhwBtRRS8

Old 08-10-2015, 04:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The question she poses at the very end of this clip.
Maybe someone will actually ask him that as opposed to trying to just attack him.

It was be a novel idea for some it would seem.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:02 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,579,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
That's creepy how the Trumpbots are throwing one time conservative hero Megyn Kelly under the bus because she asked fair unbiased questions to Trump during a political debate. You see what fascists Tea Partiers are when they demand no one question the leader of their cult of personality.
Please, spare us the dribble. You can't spin this. Kelly tried to spread her wings and put on a self promoting show, and found out she bit off more than she could chew. She played her cards and got "Trumped." She was neither fair nor unbiased, and got it back in spades. This won't do her career any good either.

Look at it this way. Trump told them that if he wasn't treated fairly, they need to beware. It was no secret. She, and her writers took a chance, and tried to cut his legs out from under him, and got a bloody nose instead. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:02 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,850,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Trump may have a good chance of being the first Independent elected.
I wish someone would come along and do it. If Trump can't do it, I don't know who can. He has really tapped into something. It is so huge that principled people might throw everything aside and go for it.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:05 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
Default Death blow from Fox News' - Nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is a great article at the Chicago Tribune. I am just quoting a few lines, but it is worth reading the whole thing. It is short.
I think this article is right on the money. Trump is done. He needs to take his five steps and that will be it. There is no recovery. He is finished. We are just waiting to see him keel over, politically speaking.

Bye bye, Donald. We hardly knew you.
LOL, New poll is out. Trump is holding at 24%. Jeb is down to 12% Florina is up to 6%.

Here's a tip for you. You might want to read a different rag than the Chicago Tribune.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:07 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
"Stunning News for Trump - Blowout lead Now - Trump Rolling in spite of 'The Estabishment' and Megyn Kelly."

Yes indeed. Fox News attempt to ruin Trump backfired. It's JEB whose poll ratings are down in after that Fox dog & pony show.

For her part, King Hillary says Megan is a good woman. LOL!

Old 08-10-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
They don't really understand the issue behind Trump not taking the pledge.
I think they do understand it, but don't know how to handle it. They don't want him anywhere near the Election process, but now know they can't blow him off by discrediting him, like they would love to do. They know he now has the power to cost them the election, if he chooses. This last Debate showed them that Trump is not just firing blanks and running his mouth. He has the powder behind those bullets, and they know that a hail of them will come if they cross him. He is a Nightmare they can't wake up from right now.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I wish someone would come along and do it. If Trump can't do it, I don't know who can. He has really tapped into something. It is so huge that principled people might throw everything aside and go for it.
I am starting to believe that too. People don't like what the Dems have to offer, and the Policies they have had on a lot of issues like Immigration, Government spying, and Gun Control. They aren't crazy about the GOP either, and what they have offered the last two elections, plus the fact that they have had a bad approval rating for several years. They are tired of illegals, talks of amnesty, the economy, the give-away mentality. They don't trust Government, and the old imbedded Politicians who comprise it. Then Trump comes along, and wipes all that political correctness and dancing aside. He says it in words you understand and doesn't dance. I can see how that appeals to Americans. As an independent, I could see myself voting for him without too much convincing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.