Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Gonna love city data. People here are freaking nuts.
It's your position, not mine. If you spoke without thinking there is nothing wrong with noting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's your position, not mine. If you spoke without thinking there is nothing wrong with noting that.
So why did you bring up Japan? Don't play games with me.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He wants to have a 10% flat rate tax that everyone pays. That will only bring in $1.1 trillion. We currently spend closer to $4 trillion. So he'd either have to raise the flat tax to 40% or cut everything out of the budget -- which cuts the military and everything else, except for the interest on the debt.
Or he might like most everyone else, understand that income taxes are not the only way the government brings in money and that we are coming nowhere close to bringing in what we are spending now.

Since that is the case, where are the cuts under Obama?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:42 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
I actually think John Kasich is a rising star.
CNN posted results of a poll yesterday that had Kasich around 12% or 13%.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
We'll see how they will do after the debate. It should be interesting. Both have little political knowledge so the chance of screwing up is big.

I know some people think Trump is untouchable but I don't believe that to be the case. Of course those obsessed with illegal immigration will support him until he drops out of the race but others will vote for the flavor of the month and Trump is no longer the new popular kid in town

He's no longer all over the news like he was when he was talking about Megyn's period. That will affect him. The kind of people he attracts have a short attention span, they lose interest very easily just like no one is talking about that blue/black/white/golden dress that was all over the news a few months ago.
You are right about no political experience; who knows how that might work, but it could be just what the country needs. No one will know if we don't give it a try.

Regardless, I think if the media puts Trump on the back burner, his popularity will go down. There will be those who are going to support him no matter what, but many who are excited about the thought of someone new to lead the country will realize Trump may not be the one.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
So why did you bring up Japan? Don't play games with me.
Other saw that you evaded the question on the position you took. So you don't really believe that there should be no rules in war. I don't believe Carson does either which leaves the question as to why he said it.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If the GOP nominates Carson, they most likely will not win the election. He is too inexperienced and too religious, I mean really, I believe in God and the 10 Commandments but I couldn't listen to his "sermon" and I think it was supposed to be a speech. I support separation of church and state and I think he'll make many people uncomfortable, the wearing his religion on his sleeve thing. I was brought up to believe religion was a more personal thing and that you lived it, living by example, not wearing it on your sleeve. He has just became a turnoff after listening to him. Yes, a lot of things are morally wrong BUT separation of church and state.

Trump could probably beat Carson though if Trump goes 3rd party. I thought it seemed like there were some hints to that with one of the women that introduced his rally last night.

Trump will pull from both Republicans and Democrats and most of the others cannot. There is "Trump" and then there are "the rest of them".

I wonder how many people insulting Trump constantly have actually listened to him or maybe have the ability to understand business, social skills and the dynamics of actually making and working a plan.
So, it sounds like you are supporting Trump and you think just because a person mentions being a Christian we wears it on his shirt. I have to disagree: Cruz, yes, even Huckabee, probably but until this past week or so I do not think of Carson as evangelical as some of the others.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:47 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Other saw that you evaded the question on the position you took. So you don't really believe that there should be no rules in war. I don't believe Carson does either which leaves the question as to why he said it.
well, other?

I thought you are a tough cookie. You really need somebody to back you up on this??

Only a fool would believe

you don't need to fight a political correct war = there should be no rules in war.

WW2 and war on terror, absolutely no comparison.

and since you asked, I will answer your ridiculous trolling type of question

No, I don't believe Japan should've invaded China. and what they did to the Chinese is absolutely unspeakable. But I have no ideas why what Japan did years ago have anything to do with Ben Carson's position.

Stop playing games with me. I am not interested.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
well, other?

I thought you are a tough cookie. You really need somebody to back you up on this??

Only a fool would believe

you don't need to fight a political correct war = there should be no rules in war.

WW2 and war on terror, absolutely no comparison.

No, I don't believe Japan should invaded China. and what they did to the Chinese is absolutely unspeakable. But I have no ideas why what Japan did years ago have anything to do with Ben Carson's position.
Quote:
.........If you’re gonna have rules for war, you should just have a rule that says no war. Other than that, we have to win."
No rules outside of winning? Is that what you believe?

(Edited after your edit)

Quote:

No, I don't believe Japan should invaded China. and what they did to the Chinese is absolutely unspeakable. But I have no ideas why what Japan did years ago have anything to do with Ben Carson's position.
Yes you do. Carson said no rules.......I guess you don't really agree with him. I doubt he agree's with himself and should be called out on it.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
So you are cool with the raping of civilians like Japan did in China? How about the killing and eating parts of your prisoners of war?

We can start there.
Where did this come from anyway?

But you know something, in every single war, there are tens and hundreds of thousands of civilians raped during the conflict. Did you know that literally hundreds of Japanese civilian women were raped by American servicemen following Japan's surrender in the WW2? Of course not. Never mind what Germans and Russians did to each other's civilian women in WW2. Wars are horrible and only dumb chicken hawks think it's like Gears of War.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections