Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 09:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

If Bush were to take Walkers advice he could lead by example too and with his low poll numbers drop out. Not going to happen but it shows the weakness of Walkers statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 09:12 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I think Christie will move up but not enough to make a difference. His opportunity was 2012. I thought he was the only one who had a chance of beating Obama. Water under the bridge, now.

The final two will likely be Bush vs Rubio. The party and billionaires are not likely to support an outsider.
Republicans need to get over "the hug". Christie could beat Clinton. Neither Bush (the name) or Rubio (the inexperience) will.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:05 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans need to get over "the hug". Christie could beat Clinton. Neither Bush (the name) or Rubio (the inexperience) will.
Rubio has been a Senator for 6 years and was Speaker of the House of Florida. I wouldn't label that inexperience.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Hillary Clinton will be next

Old 09-22-2015, 11:51 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Rubio has been a Senator for 6 years and was Speaker of the House of Florida. I wouldn't label that inexperience.

But Rubio was JEB Bush's protege and many people don't like him just because they feel he'll do exactly what Bush would have done - no matter what he says now.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I don't see the differences between Rubio and Jeb Bush.

If Jeb Bush really thought Iraq war was a mistake, why didn't he say something to his brother at the time?

If you were having doubts about Rand Paul’s foreign policy look no further than his consistent opposition to the Iraq War. While finding quotes from Rand Paul about Iraq from 2003 may be difficult, there are several videos from his 2010 Senate campaign wherein he directly says he would have voted against the Iraq War.

Rand Paul’s just as firmly opposed to the Iraq War today and openly says the Iraq War was a mistake. While other 2016 Presidential Candidates are already flip flopping on their previous support for the Iraq War, Rand Paul doesn’t need to change his position. He’s had the right idea all along, the one his father held when he famously voted against the Iraq War.

The ONLY reason I brought up Sen Rand Paul is because consistency is the key. Consistency doesn't mean party affiliation. Consistency means policy and view points.

Rand Paul never supported Iraq war in the first place, SAME CANNOT BE SAID ABOUT OTHER REPUBLICANS.

Trump also thought Iraq war was a mistake.

Rand Paul and Trump plus John Kasich, move forward please. John Kasich is a job creator. From 8 million hole to 2 million plus, that is impressive. Others, please just give up already.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:11 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
It doesn't matter who is next until we get to the point where it is Rubio, Bush, Kasich or, possibly, Christie. The rest might as well drop out tomorrow for all the difference it is going to make in the final outcome.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:04 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It doesn't matter who is next until we get to the point where it is Rubio, Bush, Kasich or, possibly, Christie. The rest might as well drop out tomorrow for all the difference it is going to make in the final outcome.
The only one that I MIGHT consider voting for would be Rubio, but he lost me over the years with his flip-flopping and Progressive stances on things.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:42 PM

325 posts, read 255,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

The ONLY reason I brought up Sen Rand Paul is because consistency is the key. Consistency doesn't mean party affiliation. Consistency means policy and view points.
Yes, but Rand Paul's "consistency" only works for people handing out pamphlets at Phish concerts. He is a goofy Libertarian that can preach to his small but loyal core - and that is it. There are enough rich stoners to keep him afloat a bit longer, but he is not a Tier-A candidate.

What has been funny is watching him position himself as some later-day JFK and do a laughable job at "reaching out" to blacks with his odd Libertarian platform.

You can almost hear the gears grinding in his head - "boy, if the young kids who like pot and the black people who hate cops vote for me, I could win!"

Old 09-22-2015, 04:08 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Holy crap. Totally forgot about Santorum.
He's still in it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections