Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
... and Trump found it and made it his own. Brilliant, wouldn’t you say? BTW, name one other slogan in this campaign that anyone remembers.
Jeb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 12:11 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
... and Trump found it and made it his own. Brilliant, wouldn’t you say? BTW, name one other slogan in this campaign that anyone remembers.
"Feel the Bern"....but you wouldn't know that, being a Republican.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:02 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, would this is a reason that no one should vote for Trump? I'm still good with voting for him. He had every right to question this. For some reason, everyone wants to take any rights that he has away from him or make him look evil for operating within the law or questioning something that doesn't seem right.

Well, I hope all the illegal sympathizers can get these t-shirts so I can take down their location and turn it in when we start enforcing the immigration law. We'll have 3 wearing pro-Trump shirts here and I won't be shy about explaining why we wear them and why people should get on board and get Trump elected.

I actually thought support here would be high for illegals but have found out otherwise. Gives me hope.

So, big deal, Trump questions whether or not they can use his trademark in this way. Question everything is pretty much my policy and if we all did more, it would be a better country.
I agree with your post and if trump can make more money by stopping this because he has the right to the Trump name than I would say that he is a smart business man and he can use that money towards hi campaign.

Lawyers win, Trump wins and the rest is losing!

Btw it is funny that last week I noticed 2 Bernie stickers on cars and both cars were like clunkers so I shows who the Bernie entitlement people are! I need a new car as cheap as possible so lets have Bernie spread the wealth around and give them a cheap car.

I don't think you will see a sticker like that on a newer car!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:08 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
... by stopping this because he has the right to ...
once again, it seems pretty clear that trump doesn't have a right to but it using his financial might thru the court to restrict an other's first amendment right.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
I agree with your post and if trump can make more money by stopping this because he has the right to the Trump name than I would say that he is a smart business man and he can use that money towards hi campaign.

Btw it is funny that last week I noticed 2 Bernie stickers on cars and both cars were like clunkers so I shows who the Bernie entitlement people are! I need a new car as cheap as possible so lets have Bernie spread the wealth around and give them a cheap car.

So you think only the poverty stricken support Bernie? Could it be that they are less materialistic than you?

And you believe there are what--Porsches and Rolls around with Trump stickers? Have you seen the people behind him at those rallies?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
What Trump's lawyers should have told him ( but we can see how well he handles contradiction) was that there's no argument that a customer would confuse a "Stop Trump" t-shirt with an official Trump products. It'll be tossed on the merits. And Trump will have his reputation as a thin-skinned bully - a reputation he seems to cherish - cemented once again.

Quote:
"The rest" includes the First Amendment, but hey - it's Trump! He's so politically incorrect.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
How is this different from selling fake Rolex watches? You’ll be jailed for that.
There was a very nice article in the OP. Short version: Trump's lawyers need to convince a judge that people would confuse a "Stop Trump" t-shirt with a legit Trump product. That's what trademark law is for. Not to make it easy for the gentry to silence the peasants.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:35 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
to my knowledge trump is the first presidential candidate to have his name trademarked so i've been curious what the legality of this situation would be:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-have-a-case/

looks like donald is SOL, comes across as thin-skinned and just gave the t-shirt maker infinitely more publicity then if he would have just ignored them.
LOL if every candidate did the same there would be no political campaigns! Just trademark your name and you are all set.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:35 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:

Most people with new cars don't put stickers on them. At least where I live.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL imagine if every candidate did the same. No more political campaigns! Just trademark your name and you are all set.
It's exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections