Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 11:47 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL if every candidate did the same there would be no political campaigns!
i've also been curious if he'd use the trademark argument against rivals using his name in campaign ads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 11:56 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think it's one of many examples of trump being thin-skinned which does speak to his ability to be an affective POTUS.

in this case it seems it would be trump that is trying to take away someone's first amendment right.

the law doesn't seem to be on trump's side in this case. he seems to be using the court system to financially bully someone. i've personally had similar situations with a few large corporations. after all the appeals it can cost tens ( if not hundreds ) of thousands to defend ( and take years ) after which there is no guarantee you'll recoup attorney's fees.

wow. you want to turn over not just illegal aliens but also those that sympathize with them over to the government? would you like them to sew a star on their jacket for easier identification?

great. are they officially licensed by TRUMP (tm)?

a competent lawyer would have told trump he doesn't have a case. i'm all for questioning things, not so much using the court system as a tool to bully away someone else's constitutional rights.
Yes, the sympathizers are just as guilty a lot of the time: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324 I am hopefully for "open season" so we can get the people and employers reported and start taking care of business. It is worthless to make reports since Obama gives free passes to the criminal actions.

I don't think there will be a problem identifying and once enforcement starts, I think a lot of people that are defending and harboring them will realize what they have to lose by doing it. Harboring criminals is not something an intelligent person wants to do. I know intelligence is in short supply.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:47 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,653,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I guess what a lot of you posters don't realize is that Trump has marketed his name. If the building/item/whatever has Trump's name on it, he gets a royalty.

I've never seen such unending criticism of a candidate before; it's got to be hell when your own party attacks you, the opposing party attacks you, and the media piles on. When he stands up for himself, he is accused of being a whiny baby. I'd like to see this kind of treatment given to another politician and see how they react.
No he loves it. He lives to dish it back to people.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:49 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,653,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Jeb!
Jeb is the one the party wants. His endorsements from his own party far outnumber the other candidates.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:08 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How is this different from selling fake Rolex watches? You’ll be jailed for that.
It's a parody, not a counterfeit.

You're welcome.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
So can I print Vote Trump t-shirts, sell them and keep the money?
That's what topical t-shirt makers do.

As long as you don't imply anywhere that some or all of the money is being donated to Trump, you're good.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
How is this different from selling fake Rolex watches? You’ll be jailed for that.
Trump's running to be president. Once he does that, he can't stop people from having opinions about that, and they are free to express those opinions by buying t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Now if his campaign trademarked a slogan, pro-trump t-shirts that used that slogan probably do have to be sold by the Trump campaign.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I don't think you will see a sticker like that on a newer car!
Depends on where you live. Plenty of newer Hondas, Volvos, and Subarus around here with Bernie bumper stickers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections