Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Filing 4 Ch. 11 bankruptcies makes me question how he will run the country.
You and me both. It's not a good track record, especially when the nation can't technically go bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, alienating people. Now,why should I vote for him?
I'm not saying you should, just stating the typical pro-Trump rhetoric you hear from Trump supporters.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:41 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
It was not Trump himself. It was one of his companies. Good grief!

And, green-mariner, were you going to vote for Trump before you heard that someone managing his housing was discriminating against blacks? Now, Section 8, if my life depended on it, I wouldn't want them renting anything that I owned despite their race one way or the other. Good thing we aren't friends because we wouldn't be in the future per your standards. And, Obama isn't black and no race should have to claim him. I oppose discrimination just as much as you do. I have seen it since I was a child. I was the one growing up in Cass County and have lived all over the US. It is my belief that unless you can find that Trump is making an effort and/or is knowledgable about discrimination among his businesses within the last 10 years, I'd be interested in seeing the links. I know what the US was like 40 years ago, gosh, I was an adult even then and traveling around the country. Surely I don't need to tell you how many of the racists are in the closet and when you walk away..............

If this is truly the worst thing that Trump was involved with in the last 40 or 50 years, I'd say he is doing pretty well. And, when it comes to illegals that IS NOT about race, it is about people who have come to the US entering as a criminal and just adding to the list of crimes they commit to stay here. I would think I would not need to explain this to anyone.

And, green_mariner, while I realize you aren't living in depressed conditions and without employment, for those blacks living in such conditions, Trump offers the most for them as amnesty will hurt them the most. Surely you see how blacks have been treated in the past, how they are critized here at C-D more often than not and how the red carpet is rolled out for the illegals. Worst yet, how the "plight" of the illegal compares to that of black slaves.

The title of the thread is misleading. I'm guessing that most responding are Democrats anyway. Thread "fail". Trump will march on.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:50 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You and me both. It's not a good track record, especially when the nation can't technically go bankrupt.

I'm not saying you should, just stating the typical pro-Trump rhetoric you hear from Trump supporters.
I wonder how many people will consider those bankruptcies.

And now I get what you were saying about Trump. This is one assessment I have about Trump and his supporters. Trump's behavior is quite petulant. He admits to being petulant. He embodies the spoiled brat with alot of money. I learned this when he admitted that he whines until he gets what he wants. Something else I see. He says whatever is on his mind. He doesn't care who is looking. What is the appeal with not being pragmatic? Well, this is my assessment, written below.

Many Trump supporters feel he is saying things that they themselves are afraid to say. Another part is this. I feel like some people don't trust anyone who is pragmatic. To some, pragmatism is a way to be a good liar. I'm not saying that everyone who is pragmatic is a liar. I'm saying some people might see pragmatic and intellectual people as "slimy" and "dishonest". Trump is not very diplomatic in how he handles himself. I think some people look at it as "well, he's honest, people who act petulant aren't known for lying".

If Trump really did get have a "no Blacks allowed" policy before getting sued, this is where I stand. Whoever is left(or joins the bandwagon) might be those who are either

a) Die-hards for Trump
b) Implicitly agree with what he did before he got sued, as some people think that way.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:13 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
his New York real estate company was sued by the federal government for discriminating against potential black renters. After a lengthy legal battle, it ultimately agreed to wide-ranging steps to offer rentals to nonwhites..

LOL. Trump just gained vote of all the landlords in the USA.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This happened 40 years ago.

There are reasons to not like Trump. This is not one of them.
Yes because when it comes to discrimination, one should look the other way.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I was a Trump supporter until I read about this!

...is what you hope people will say. (is this the big one?!?)
You mean besides him being for bailouts, the stimulus, Trumpcare, and eminent domain.
He's a salesman.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
To the op.
This is YOUR statement: Trump "I have a great relationship with the blacks" I just wont rent to them.

Show me a link from a reliable source where Trump stated I just won't rent to them
You are out and out lying.
It is ok to not like someone, but making up vicious lies about them is unacceptable.
We all know what you are trying to do.

Bob.
If the lawsuit by the state doesn't convince you, nothing will. Read my link before opening your mouth.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Obama. He has done more harm than good. Trump just pointed that out. Also note "I just won't rent to them" is not in quotes, as I said, "Thread fail."

Donald Trump Delivers Stunning Message to Blacks

Obama isn't black. It is SO unfortunate that Colin Powell was too smart to run for POTUS as he would have been awesome and a source of pride for ALL Americans.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary is worse.. they provide lip service to the minorities only and let them grow poorer as they grow richer.... what a farce the democratic message is to blacks.. stay in the ghettos with a few freebees.
Yes but the lessor of two evils is still evil. Trump donated to Hillary and said she was very good and praised Hillarycare. Now he's flip flopped.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
OP, still waiting for your answer to my comment in post #24.

Bob.
my answer http://www.city-data.com/forum/41464205-post57.html

Bob I'm still waiting for you to read the article I linked. That would be the smart thing to do, Read it, then comment. Not saying you'll do it, just that it's the smart thing.
You're about as informed as a common democrat.
Keep posting, it's good for a few laughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections