Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:01 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So aren't we all. Why is that an acceptable motivation for some but not for others? If one group's desire for survival is seen as an affront to another group you have to ask yourself who wants it that way, and why.
I was not talking about "group" survival. I was talking about me as a person. I am who I am,so I can only work with what I have. For me, things are not about group. It's personal.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was not talking about "group" survival. I was talking about me as a person. I am who I am,so I can only work with what I have. For me, things are not about group. It's personal.
As is with most people. If what's good for me is bad for you, too bad and tough ****.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
As is with most people. If what's good for me is bad for you, too bad and tough ****.
Specify exactly what you mean. Which things are good for you and bad for me?

And by the way, have you looked through my history?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:09 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Trump Management and many of the rental property owners I've known (including my former boss) have the same tenant criteria. No non-whites, and no Section 8. They manage to get away with it. This isn't news. It's more common than you think.
I would hope if you know about it, you report it- and if not you are part of the problem. I do not think it is directly Trump's call on that- I worked as a leasing agent once- and its all just numbers that go to the home office or HQ. They come once a month to look around but they had NO clue what my BATTY manager would do-- I never saw racial problems but she had preferences and boot people off- I quit after 6 months, and stayed that long, only to show was not a job hopper-to my next employer

Old 10-06-2015, 11:21 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
his New York real estate company was sued by the federal government for discriminating against potential black renters. After a lengthy legal battle, it ultimately agreed to wide-ranging steps to offer rentals to nonwhites.

The case alleged that the Trump Management Corporation had discriminated against blacks who wished to rent apartments in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The government charged the corporation with quoting different rental terms and conditions to blacks and whites and lying to blacks that apartments were not available, according to reports of the lawsuit.

Two years later, Trump Management settled the case, promising not to discriminate against blacks, Puerto Ricans and other minorities. As part of the agreement, Trump was required to send its list of vacancies in its 15,000 apartments to a civil-rights group, giving them first priority in providing applicants for certain apartments,

Donald Trump Was Once Sued By Justice Department For Not Renting To Blacks
Hillary is worse.. they provide lip service to the minorities only and let them grow poorer as they grow richer.... what a farce the democratic message is to blacks.. stay in the ghettos with a few freebees.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:42 AM

674 posts, read 611,253 times
Quote:

It won't matter.

What a lot of white people don't get is this.

When a white person says something racist about black people, there are hundreds of years of really, really awful stuff behind the comment, and even just holding certain views can cause a lot of unintentional pain.

When a black person says something about white people, even if the comment is racially motivated and derogatory, it's not said with the force of a society that has traditionally pushed white people down, made them the bottom rung of society, and then demonized them for some of the acts of desperation that come with institutionally-enforced poverty.

To most white people, everything is equally bad, regardless of the utilitarian outcome.

Just look at the (presumably white) person on here who thinks it's okay to criticize someone for ending friendships with people who hold, and publically and unapologetically express, racist views.

It's a lot easier to trivialize racism when you're insulated from ever feeling its effects.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:

I'm not wasting my time, I have read several of your posts and you do say things racially motivated against whites I was just seeing if you'd admit it or not. Did you unfriend yourself on FB yet? Anyway, I wasn't talking about you personally in my last post, I was just restating what you said and it's a human trait to do so. Who wants something that is detrimental to their own survival but ensures the survival of others? Nobody but nuts do that. It's just the laws of nature.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
It won't matter.

What a lot of white people don't get is this.

When a white person says something racist about black people, there are hundreds of years of really, really awful stuff behind the comment, and even just holding certain views can cause a lot of unintentional pain.

When a black person says something about white people, even if the comment is racially motivated and derogatory, it's not said with the force of a society that has traditionally pushed white people down, made them the bottom rung of society, and then demonized them for some of the acts of desperation that come with institutionally-enforced poverty.

To most white people, everything is equally bad, regardless of the utilitarian outcome.

Just look at the (presumably white) person on here who thinks it's okay to criticize someone for ending friendships with people who hold, and publically and unapologetically express, racist views.

It's a lot easier to trivialize racism when you're insulated from ever feeling its effects.
hahahaha..Boohooo, get over it and move on. Stop using it as a crutch already, it's getting old.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Seems his company was looking out for it's renters, until the oppressive government stepped on it. How many good renters did they lose by big government forcing the issue?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary is worse.. they provide lip service to the minorities only and let them grow poorer as they grow richer.... what a farce the democratic message is to blacks.. stay in the ghettos with a few freebees.
How many Blacks are actually living in the ghettos? And furthermore, why would Hillary Clinton's shenanigans make me want to vote for Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections