Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Obama. He has done more harm than good.
This isn't about Obama. Try to stay focused.

Quote:
Trump just pointed that out. Also note "I just won't rent to them" is not in quotes, as I said, "Thread fail."

Donald Trump Delivers Stunning Message to Blacks
LMAO Read the article in the link I posted in the OP, then comment. Post fail

Quote:
Obama isn't black. It is SO unfortunate that Colin Powell was too smart to run for POTUS as he would have been awesome and a source of pride for ALL Americans.
This isn't about Obama or Powell. Try to stay focused.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:34 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
This post will have no effect on Mr. Trump's poll numbers. In fact, his supporters just became bigger fans, if that's even possible.

Mick

Old 10-06-2015, 03:44 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
It was not Trump himself. It was one of his companies. Good grief!

And, green-mariner, were you going to vote for Trump before you heard that someone managing his housing was discriminating against blacks? Now, Section 8, if my life depended on it, I wouldn't want them renting anything that I owned despite their race one way or the other. Good thing we aren't friends because we wouldn't be in the future per your standards. And, Obama isn't black and no race should have to claim him. I oppose discrimination just as much as you do. I have seen it since I was a child. I was the one growing up in Cass County and have lived all over the US. It is my belief that unless you can find that Trump is making an effort and/or is knowledgable about discrimination among his businesses within the last 10 years, I'd be interested in seeing the links. I know what the US was like 40 years ago, gosh, I was an adult even then and traveling around the country. Surely I don't need to tell you how many of the racists are in the closet and when you walk away..............

If this is truly the worst thing that Trump was involved with in the last 40 or 50 years, I'd say he is doing pretty well. And, when it comes to illegals that IS NOT about race, it is about people who have come to the US entering as a criminal and just adding to the list of crimes they commit to stay here. I would think I would not need to explain this to anyone.

And, green_mariner, while I realize you aren't living in depressed conditions and without employment, for those blacks living in such conditions, Trump offers the most for them as amnesty will hurt them the most. Surely you see how blacks have been treated in the past, how they are critized here at C-D more often than not and how the red carpet is rolled out for the illegals. Worst yet, how the "plight" of the illegal compares to that of black slaves.

The title of the thread is misleading. I'm guessing that most responding are Democrats anyway. Thread "fail". Trump will march on.
If it is one of his companies, then he is responsible, as he is the one running it. He got control of the company in 1971. And I made no mention of section 8. I was not talking about that.

I wasn't going to vote for Trump before. His comment about POW's made me lose all respect for him. And I was not talking about illegals.

Even if this was 40 years ago, the fact that it happened makes me nervous. Even if he does "offer the most", he isn't doing himself any favors with stuff like this. His comment to John R. O'Donnell made me think about some things. This is where I stand. If someone will make really stupid comments like that, then said person might do stupid things. The way I see it, a good way NOT to alienate the voting base you want to go for is to watch what you say. Anyone who might say "I don' want Blacks counting my money", I question that person because is speaks to their mindset.

I am very aware that amnesty does no favors for Blacks. This has been established. You have also mentioned that Blacks have been attacked on C-D. A few posters stated that some construction employers would rather not hire Blacks. One person even admitted he would never hire Blacks. That tells me this. Even if amnesty was done away with and illegals deported, this would not do away with discrimination. Amnesty would open up alot of jobs. I agree. However, would it stop employment discrimination? Would it stop the "it's who you know" phenomenon?

And about me. I was unemployed at one point. I also have a college diploma. I am employed now and doing alright. What concerns me is going to be different from what will concern someone else. In my case, as long as I'm working and making decent money, other things will be more pressing.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:03 PM

8,566 posts, read 10,989,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
my answer http://www.city-data.com/forum/41464205-post57.html

Bob I'm still waiting for you to read the article I linked. That would be the smart thing to do, Read it, then comment. Not saying you'll do it, just that it's the smart thing.
You're about as informed as a common democrat.
Keep posting, it's good for a few laughs.

I just finished the article, and nowhere, I repeat, nowhere, did I see Trump say he would not rent to blacks.
He was accused of it, but according to that article, charges were dismissed, or not proven.
It was mentioned that he settled one case, but he may have done that, not out of guilt, but rather he has more important things to do than be tied up in court with charges that were not true.
I am not going to defend Trump other than to state the obvious, and that is, You are guilty of putting words into his mouth that he did not say.

If you don't like Trump, just say it, but don't try embellishing statements to fit your own desires.
He NEVER stated he would not rent to blacks.

Perhaps a better heading for this thread would have been," Was Trump guilty of race discrimination in renting his property?"

Putting words in his mouth to satisfy yourself is just plain stupid.

Bob.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,460,743 times
Sounds about right. I'm Black, and I would expect the same from anyone. Black landlords/management companies if they were in a position to do the same they would. No landlord chases Section 8 with enthusiasm.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 PM

8,566 posts, read 10,989,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Sounds about right. I'm Black, and I would expect the same from anyone. Black landlords/management companies if they were in a position to do the same they would. No landlord chases Section 8 with enthusiasm.

The reason I don't take section 8 tenants is because there is to much bureaucratic red tape involved in it.

Bob.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:13 PM

587 posts, read 379,756 times
I'm shocked. Trump says he loves everybody.

I'm sure this will make the birther crowd think twice about voting for Trump

Old 10-06-2015, 05:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am more concerned about who I(keyword ME) trust. Give me a reason why I should trust Trump based on everything that I have said on this thread, and my concerns.
He has no axes to grind. You know where he stands. Holds nothing back. He is not a politician and it's refreshing. And he can't be bought.

We had almost 8 years of well spoken and clean and hope and change which resulted in no hope and no change in my pocket also it got us one scandal and disaster after another. Trump can do no worse.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Trump Management and many of the rental property owners I've known (including my former boss) have the same tenant criteria. No non-whites, and no Section 8. They manage to get away with it. This isn't news. It's more common than you think.
I've heard about that kind of thing, too. Tho word is many Black property owners WON'T rent to the hood rat kind of Black people; just like many anglo whites WON'T rent to PWT.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
I'm not surprised they would go digging for something like this. The Trump haters have realized that his stance on immigration and his focus on jobs appeal all Americans including blacks. It doesn't fit their narrative, so they have to re-ignite rumors and settled court cases from three decades ago. Things like this make the anti-Trump crowd nervous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAQADDq5QA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections