Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I don't care where the rock Obama originally crawled out from under is located. Maybe you should send your link to Hillary, the original birther. I hear she has her own server.
True to birther form, you think if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Such is the mind of a birther.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 09:58 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
True to birther form, you think if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Such is the mind of a birther.
Except I'm not a birther, as I just told you, again. No matter how many times you repeat the lie, it still isn't true. Hillary and you have a lot in common.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree. And you agree that applies to the president as well, right?
To me, the President's situation is totally different. I am not a birther, I think he was born in Hawaii or if he wasn't it really makes no difference now, but the question about Cruz is not where he was born but does his parents citizenship affect his being legally elegible to run for President. The question about Obama was related to where he actually was born.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Except I'm not a birther, as I just told you, again. No matter how many times you repeat the lie, it still isn't true. Hillary and you have a lot in common.
LOL. I get a kick out of people who will argue birther positions until the cows come home and then, when they have finished, they will say, "But I'm not a birther." If it walks like a duck...

Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
You support Hilary, the original birther.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So the fact that Hillary started all the "birther" stuff ...
wrong.

some clinton supporters, the PUMAs, were among the early birthers but they weren't alone nor were they connected to clinton or her campaign.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2

Old 11-16-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
No matter how many times you repeat the lie, it still isn't true.
then please show some evidence to support your claim that hillary clinton started birtherism.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What a waste of time and money.
i find some sweet irony that this statement comes from a poster that embraced obama birtherism.

Quote:
Cruz is eligible,...
agreed.

Quote:
... and many have explained the laws pertaining to his eligibility.
yep, i've posted both the congressional research service's report and the harvard law revue's take on the topic in this thread.

Quote:
Those who try to claim he is not qualified do not understand the law.
you may want to share your views with Informed Consent. S/He claims that those who believe cruz is eligible do not understand the law.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
.. but presidents are to be on US soil born ....?
contrary to popular belief US military bases are not "US soil". john mccain was born outside the US at a time (1936) that congress specifically considered canal zone births "US nationals" and not "US citizens". 2008 congress, in a unanimous and undebated decision, stated that mccain was eligible for POTUS thru the fact that he obtained citizenship at birth thru his parents.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:37 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes i understand all that, but i also understand that federal law allows for children of US citizens to be born outside the country, and still be US citizens.
US citizens, yes. Being born a US citizen is not necessarily the same as being a natural born citizen. That's why the Constitutional Convention changed the requirement for POTUS from "born a citizen" to "natural born citizen."

And it's not hard to understand why given the events that precipitated the War of 1812 (impressment of dual national US citizens into service for a foreign military), and the fact that to this very day the US State Dept warns: "dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws"

The Founding Fathers were smart enough to recognize that having a POTUS and Commander in Chief that owes allegiance to a foreign country and has to obey the laws of a foreign country was a very bad idea. Why aren't you?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:44 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
so why all the question on Obama?? who was born in Hawaii but to an American mom -- what is good for one not good for another?

Obama: born in the US to a US citizenship mother.
Cruz: born in a foreign country to a US citizenship mother.

Two different things.

(For the record, I have no doubts about Cruz's eligibility but I'd like to see it confirmed in a court case just to silence the naysayers.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections