Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 05:33 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
And why do Liberals prop up Rubio as having the best chance at winning.
Do they hate this country or something?
Because they know that he would most likely lose against Hillary because of whatever it is that creeps people out about him. Puppets can be scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Unlike Trump, Rubio would actually beat Hillary.
I love good humor.

Quote:
He is manipulative but he is not as slick as people would want you to believe, he just says what ever his advisors tell him too, he is not completely robotic like Clinton though
This is exactly what I see. He isn't likable because of the fake, fake, fake. When he speaks, he acts like a 5th grader speaking. Not real sure, trying to remember what he is supposed to say..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Marco Rubio has demonstrated that he is someone who believes in free markets and limited government. While I generally prefer candidates with more experience when it comes to the presidency, Rubio has proven that he has a strong grasp of the issues and the judgement to be a good President.

To respond to what the OP has said:

1. Every candidate has donors except for Donald Trump. There is no evidence to suggest Senator Rubio is owned by his donors.

2. My most measurements, Marco Rubio is one of the five leading contenders in a field of fifteen.

3. I happen to disagree with Marco Rubio on Syria. I think we should stay out of Syria because the United States should not be getting involved in a civil war where both sides are evil. However, on most of the foreign policy issues, Marco Rubio has proven he has sound judgement and is capable of protecting the homeland.

4. The only Republican candidate who hates America is Donald Trump. Trump doesn't support capitalism, he doesn't support immigrants, he doesn't support free speech, he hates America.
Rubio can't handle his own personal finances. The man can't even tell one type credit card from another. He was living high on the hog without the cash to do it so cash is going to be king for him. He is so bought and sold that he reeks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Sure there is. His views differ vasty from Hillary on budget and spending, education, 2nd amendment, healthcare, gun control and taxes. The only area he's weak on really is immigration. Conservative Review only gives him one bad rating and thats on immigration. He gets better ratings for being conservative than any other candidate aside from Cruz.

https://www.conservativereview.com/2...ial-candidates
Discounting the importance of illegal immigration in this election is a mistake. Everyone can see by his flip-flopping that he has no opinions of his own and is "for sale".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I can guarantee you Trump has done things a million times more corrupt than Rubio ever will. You don't become a billionaire and a businessman of Trumps stature without getting your hands very dirty.
We really don't know what Rubio has done or will do. Remember that he can't handle his own financial matters. He wasn't going to his job yet still be paid and he hates the Senate. Anyone that hates their job with the Senate needs to stay out of government and not collect the checks.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:38 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,072,706 times
Reminds one of the current White House resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Well he is certainly good at memorizing his talking points. He has good charisma, which certainly attracts voters on a platform without a single other candidate with 'charisma' on either side. But I do question his authenticity.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
I'd like the opinion of Rubio supporters and a general discussion to on this.

Rubio is someone who holds an extreme establishment view on policies and does and says whatever he is told
He is completely owned by his donors from Paul Singer to the rest
He says what every politician is told to say and is being propped up as a Surging candidate despite his average falling by the corrupt MSM
He loves war for his donors at virgin Atlantic and all the rest, wanting to send YOUR children to be murdered abroad for corporate gains.
He hates America and is supported by some of the most establishment columnists around

Enough Rubio please, don't listen to the Media (to Republican voters like myself)
In addition:

He has zero executive experience. No indication he's capable of doing anything he promises.
He's not trustworthy on illegal immigration/border security.
When he first got to the Senate he hung out with the McCain Gang.
His missed vote record really is a problem. Just compare his "showing up" record to Rand Paul's.
He's a Senator. He has a shared 11% approval rating.
He talks too fast and like Elmer Fudd and like a lawyer trying to sell you on a mass murderer client being a choirboy.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-15-2015 at 05:49 AM..

Old 12-15-2015, 05:43 AM

30,662 posts, read 18,276,650 times
I like Rubio and think he's the GOP's best shot at taking the White House (in fact, the Hillary campaign is only genuinely concerned about him).

Old 12-15-2015, 05:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Trump had an amazing night in Vegas, Rubio could not pull off a single one of his rallies. Trumped talked about corruption while Rubio would be defending it
CNN's Don Lemon carried 16 minutes of it live and the guests on his show may not like him but they are awed by techniques as a candidate.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:44 AM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Seriously? There's nothing BUT evidence of that. An eye opening account of Rubio:

Marco Rubio, Tea Party pretty boy | Miami New Times
Seriously? An Alternative Weekly Tabloid filled with "what's happening in Miami" writes a 2010 Hit piece on Rubio when he is running against former Governor Crist and a Democrat and you consider this "eye opening" and "evidence".

Old 12-15-2015, 07:18 AM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Rubio will lose because he cant use the one line only Trump can use against her, 'My only constituents are the American people, not my donors'
I like Trump. I feel no need to tear down other GOP candidates because I like one (or more) better than others. IF you (or anyone) thinks that Donald Trump, or any candidate running for President - can do it without "donors" .... that's just nuts.

Trump has donors now - not as many as other candidates, but he is setting up PACs just like the rest are. All this information is readily available on the internet. You can even find out who your neighbors donate money to. Big Money in this election is still mostly sitting on the sidelines at this point - but that won't last when the final candidates emerge.

OpenSecrets.org 2016 Presidential Race

They can all say - "My only constituents are the American people, not my donors" .... except for Hillary of course. She has foreign money, lawyer money, banking money and top donors are (at this point) UNIONS.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
I'd like the opinion of Rubio supporters and a general discussion to on this.

Rubio is someone who holds an extreme establishment view on policies and does and says whatever he is told
He is completely owned by his donors from Paul Singer to the rest
He says what every politician is told to say and is being propped up as a Surging candidate despite his average falling by the corrupt MSM
He loves war for his donors at virgin Atlantic and all the rest, wanting to send YOUR children to be murdered abroad for corporate gains.
He hates America and is supported by some of the most establishment columnists around

Enough Rubio please, don't listen to the Media (to Republican voters like myself)
Well to even suggest he hates America says a lot about what you do not know. And from your comments I really seriously doubt you are even a Republican. Where in the Hell did you get the idea he wants to send our kids to get murdered for corporate gains? You have every right to your views, but please think before you spout off. Now, tell us Mr Republican who do you support?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:38 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Rubio is a no show senator as a lot of them are, which to me, speaks volumes about their non concern or loyalty to the american public....yet, they collect a pay check...disgusting....he was part of the Gang of 8 "immigration reform" bill which is Amnesty for illegals, which makes me sick. What about all those Americans who came here and worked hard to become an American Citizen. Its a slap to their face.

No, Rubio is a joke...and would be owned by the people who finance him...as all the other candidates but Trump.

I don't know why people don't see that? It astounds me, that voters either do not inform themselves by reading or, fear learning about both parties...if they didn't they'd know that both parties are corrupt, and they are corroding these United States of America.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:42 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well to even suggest he hates America says a lot about what you do not know. And from your comments I really seriously doubt you are even a Republican. Where in the Hell did you get the idea he wants to send our kids to get murdered for corporate gains? You have every right to your views, but please think before you spout off. Now, tell us Mr Republican who do you support?
maybe, just maybe, instead of getting all angry and upset, you should consider researching some of the things you read....

I'm sorry, but there are way to many people out there who are extremists when it comes to their parties, and become so upset if someone says something.

Well, I'm a conservative, and I will tell you that both parties are corrupt....don't get upset, as these statements, arm yourself with knowledge by waking up...please do this nmnita.

Maybe what that person was talking about is going to war on the ground? and way to many conservatives in the past have voted to go to war, for corporate gain. Bush had an agenda, we went to Iraq and ended up in Afghanistan....

Rubio is owned, by the people who are financing his campaign....as all the rest of them are...and he will do nothing for the U.S. common sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections