Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 03:16 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
If Trump is the best shot for conservatives or republicans .......
Trump is neither conservative nor republican, he cuts across lines, circles, and angles in so many ways.

I can understand selfish partisanship because it can be good business (though gainfully playing both sides is even better business), but my experience tells me that straight-jacketing yourself into some hallow ideology is childishly stupid, unless of course your business is to write articles to bring grist to a partisan mill.

Good Luck!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:22 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Trump is neither conservative nor republican, he cuts across lines and angles in so many ways.

I can understand selfish partisanship because it can be good business (though gainfully playing both sides is even better business), but my experience tells me that straight-jacketing yourself into some hallow ideology is childishly stupid, unless of course your business is to write articles to bring grist to a partisan mill.

Good Luck!
I almost agree with you actually. Although I would say it is more like that Trump plays both lines (parties & supporters) and selfishness is one of the main driving force behind his endeavor.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:27 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I almost agree with you actually. Although I would say it is more like that Trump plays both lines (parties & supporters) and selfishness is one of the main driving force behind his endeavor.
Exactly.

There is no "almost" or "would say" about it, he makes no secret of it, he even brags about it, again part of his appeal for many people who feel trapped in a fart-filled elevator, a breath of fresh air.

So, you too, just come out and say it. Don't be ashamed.

Good Luck!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:30 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Exactly.

There is no "almost" or "would say" about it, he makes no secret of it, he even brags about it, again part of his appeal for many people who feel trapped in a fart-filled elevator, a breath of fresh air.

So, you too, just come out and say it. Don't be ashamed.

Good Luck!
That I want to be played by the Donald? No thank you!
I'll take a stale elevator over the foul stench that he brings along any day.

Good luck to you however.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Rubio is a bible thumper? News to me. I rarely hear Rubio mention God or religion.
You haven't heard him much then. You should get familiar with the guy you're backing.

How Marco Rubio Plans to Win South Carolina

Old 02-21-2016, 03:43 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Social conservatives are morons!
“thrives on that dark energy. A Trump presidency may release some demons that we will come to regret,”
What this is really saying is he is a rather demonic character, which raises the religious aspect, social conservative believe counts most. One much live by the Christian agenda to be good and Trump is not the knee-bending kind.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:57 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't think Trump can win New York, but I agree he can probably get Florida and Ohio -- not really sure about Michigan.

I think Trump will take upstate NY as we've lost a lot of manufacturing jobs here due to outsourcing - but NYC may go Hillary. We've wanted to make NYC their own little entity fir ages as they take everything upstate works for whether it's the cheap hydropower or elections.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:00 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The majority of the Democrats are going to vote for their candidate. True. The majority of Republicans are also going to vote for theirs too ... even if it's Trump. The country is just way too polarized for an R to even think about voting for a D or even passively supporting a D by not showing up to vote for the R. The Supreme Court issue alone is enough to get the Rs out voting for their guy.

Trump will get most of the women voters who are Rs, but you're probably right, he's going to have trouble with the women. With the minorities? Hmmmm..... don't expect him to get the Mexican vote, but Mexicans don't really vote anyways ... not in large numbers. I actually think Trump might do better than most Republicans with black voters. Several hip hop songs feature him. He's got the bling factor. I think he may be able to get as much as 10 percent. Not sure about other minorities.

As for the independents, I have a feeling General Trump will run a smart campaign targeted toward them. He's going to be the practical guy who has crossed party lines and just does what works, whatever that may be. This might work for some of them.. maybe even enough to win it.
A 10% AA vote? Highly unlikely, not after his white supremacist retweet. He'll be pummeled mercilessly for that should he win the nomination.

Latinos were expected to vote in greater numbers, even without Trump on the ticket. With him, not only will they come out in droves, but the GOP will garner the lowest share of the Latino vote in their history.

Latinos will account for 18.1% of eligible voters in Florida, 17.2% of eligible voters in Nevada and 14.5% of eligible voters in Colorado. If they swing 80% to Hillary (a distinct possibility), Trump's goose is cooked.

Trump can move to the center all he wants, more educated and less reactionary voters are not going to buy it. Not after Trump's daily onslaught of incendiary hateful rhetoric. He's already well underwater with Democrats and independents.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:01 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
He really can't win and the GOP knows that. Their problem is allowing so many people to run and fracture the vote. It makes it harder and harder for him to be beaten going on.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Get over it. The social issues kill us every damn time. I don't really care anymore and neither do the vast majority of people. If you want to win then suck it up man, your guy will get slaughtered in the general. And I actually like Cruz, but big picture here he has no chance. You need to get behind Trump, the only one that will get at least 20% of Dems to vote for him. He appeals to the blue collar types and with them and us he can win big in November. If you don't see this then nobody can help you...
He won't get 20 percent. The only Republican in modern history that pulled that many Democrats was Ronald Reagan. Trump isn't Ronald Reagan. What he gets now is about what he will get in a general election plus maybe another 10 percent of Dems and independents. He has the largest amount of unfavorable ratings among all candidates. And they have not changed in 8 months. Most people really do not like the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections