Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 01:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Until someone brings up the fact that he has his entire Trump line outsourced to China and Mexico, thus stealing thousands of American jobs. Don't know why no one has hit him on that yet. I need to be a political strategist for one of these guys.
Do you mean that Trump is so popular that demand for his clothing line takes 1000s of workers to manufacture?

Old 02-21-2016, 01:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Right. Some guy named dexter75 on the internet would pull off what Cruz, Rubio and the Republican establishment have been trying to do for months. Okay. Your head must be on the verge of explosion because you've been wrong on pretty much everything so far.

People don't care about Trump has done. They know he's a tough Alpha male that gets his way. The only way to beat him is by out Alpha-ing him. Or Beta-tizing him, I guess. There are no issues that can stop his momentum because he's not selling people on issues. The entire foundation of his campaign is that he's strong and he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He can be more politically correct than anybody in history, he can offshore jobs when he wants to, and he can negotiate to get jobs back from overseas.

That's why I say the most effective campaign strategy is punching him in the mouth. That would drop his poll numbers by at least 10 points.
I agree, and a big way you punch him in the mouth is by going after him on these things and making him look like the pathetic fraud he is. Here is a pic of Trump posing with illegal alien activists just a few years back when he was a liberal Democrat. There is so much gold here to hit him with, not sure how Cruz and Rubio camps don't know about it. Maybe they are saving it as we get close to March 1st.

Blog: Trump says illegal workers make his American resorts great

Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I agree, and a big way you punch him in the mouth is by going after him on these things and making him look like the pathetic fraud he is. Here is a pic of Trump posing with illegal alien activists just a few years back when he was a liberal Democrat. There is so much gold here to hit him with, not sure how Cruz and Rubio camps don't know about it. Maybe they are saving it as we get close to March 1st.

Blog: Trump says illegal workers make his American resorts great
No. You've got it all wrong. You're taking a very conventional approach against a completely unconventional candidate. Exposing hypocrisy is so 2004.

But hey man, your 1,000 posts on Trump have been right so far. You're clearly the one who's got this figured out.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:24 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
I don't think even think the lowest information voters would necessarily buy that argument. There's a difference between uprooting jobs that already exist in the U.S. and building a hotel in a foreign country.

But let's say, for argument's sake, that Cruz and Rubio try to attack him on this. Trump could easily flip this by blaming Obama and his empowering Republicans in Congress for allowing regulations to exist that push American jobs overseas. Remember, Trump is a businessman, and he's going to do what makes business sense. Politicians, on the other hand, have a duty only to the American people, and they've failed by going along with Clinton, Bush and Obama and the global-capitalist lobbyists that own them.

So this is not going to be an effective attack either way. You'll need to do better. You might want to hurry because your boy Cruz is running out of options and these Birther attacks are starting to kill him.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Like I've been saying, Sanders is the only current candidate who actually gives a damn about protecting American jobs.
too bad he's going to raise taxes, raise the debt, give free college entitlement.....I might give him my vote - but he's too left for my liking....definitely among the most intelligent of the candidates, imo.....

Old 02-21-2016, 01:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Stealing jobs ?

Americans are not guaranteed jobs.

It's the high labor cost of using Americans that drives many to offshore the work and even relocated their HQ's to other countries.

But go ahead and blame Trump for all of America's offshoring problems.
I guess you all think Hillary is going to fix that for you ?

Old 02-21-2016, 01:40 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Quote:
Like I've been saying, Sanders is the only current candidate who actually gives a damn about protecting American jobs.
The road to hell is paved wit good intentions. Sanders would protect American jobs right out of existence. And so would Trump. If you want to eat better than tree bark and grass, get somebody besides these two.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I haven't seen new polls; but this one suggest that 20% of Democrats would vote for Trump:Poll: Nearly 20 Percent of Democrats Would Vote for Trump Over Hillary. Only 14% of the Republicans would vote for Hillary - net gain of 6% for trump.

But time changes polls and I have not seen new statistics.
This is literally the only poll I've seen that suggests Democrats would give Trump a look. 20% is 1984 Reagan territory, and we all know Trump is no Reagan. He's barely a Palin.

Most favorability polls I've seen show Hillary being more popular with Republicans than Trump with Democrats. Both are deeply unpopular with the opposition party, but Trump even more so. Marinate on that for a second.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Most favorability polls I've seen show Hillary being more popular with Republicans than Trump with Democrats. Both are deeply unpopular with the opposition party, but Trump even more so. Marinate on that for a second.
Favorability polls didn't do squat for JEB.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:52 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
If Bernie "actually [gave] a damn about protecting American jobs", then he would secure our borders, make E-verify the law of the land and remove the illegals. Recently, he said that if he is elected, he would dictate amnesty via an EO.

Bernie Sanders Wants To Grant Amnesty To Millions Of Illegal Aliens Via Executive Order [Report]

^How does that in any way, shape or form translate into "protecting American jobs"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections