Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2016, 11:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Considering what ACA has done to everyones insurance, Bernie's plan isn't so outrageous. I dread socialized medicine. The VA program is anything but a success story. That said I travel and have seen that other countries seem to be able to make it work. I will retire soon and I plan to go the ex-pat route so I really don't have any skin in the game. Ecuador is my choice..
I'm not so sure.. I'm pretty dam far right wing, but I'd really like to see Medicaid and Medicare merged, and then gradually expanded to cover much of society. I think the problem with what the left is tryign to do is just shove it down the whole countries throat without any concern for costs or what happens if their plan fails. Look at ACA for example.. take it and like it, and even though its a miserable failure, which was the only possible outcome from it, the left now is left convincing everyone its a huge success while then arguing that it should be abandoned.. The whole thing is a joke.

The whole argument that it should be some entitlement though to me falls on death ear because whats next, water and food should be free for all, given we surely cant live without those either?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is it better to simply not pay for things like we have been doing for decades?
Do you suddenly believe government is going to become fiscally responsible if we add in lots of free ****?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you suddenly believe government is going to become fiscally responsible if we add in lots of free ****?
I've not argued anywhere for "free" stuff so we have to start with a valid argument.

I should know but I can't remember.....do you support the wars? If so why should they be "free" but health care shouldn't be available to all?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I've not argued anywhere for "free" stuff so we have to start with a valid argument.

I should know but I can't remember.....do you support the wars? If so why should they be "free" but health care shouldn't be available to all?
I support defending the country and if that means killing terrorists then yes. Are you suggesting we allow terrorists to just blow up and kill people?

btw, they arent free. where do you get that stupid notion from?

I also note you didnt answer the question.. we have $17T in debt, if we continue to add more obligations to the federal government, do you suddenly believe they will become fiscally responsible?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:48 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Why are you always so upset whenever measures are taken to invest in the quality of life of Americans and not when tax dollars goes to the pharma drug cartels, the military industrial complex and deregulation/bailouts? There is nothing fiscally responsible by using 18% of GDP in health care costs, twice as much as other civilized countries. The health care industry and the military industrial complex are the two most fiscally irresponsible industries in America and they are protected by the people who claim they are fiscally responsible from both parties. They are fooling only the dumb.

A proper social safety net for the American people like universal health care is a recognition that there are always some of our American brothers and sisters that have it worse than we do, and by helping him or her out, we are helping ourselves as a people and nation. When we help our fellow countrymen through a social safety net we can walk with our head held high.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I support defending the country and if that means killing terrorists then yes. Are you suggesting we allow terrorists to just blow up and kill people?
Invading Syria, Libya and Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism but more to the point, you are for "free" stuff when that "free" stuff is killing people that aren't you.

Quote:
btw, they arent free. where do you get that stupid notion from?
We aren't paying for them. Why are you not demanding that we pay for them?

Quote:
I also note you didnt answer the question.. we have $17T in debt, if we continue to add more obligations to the federal government, do you suddenly believe they will become fiscally responsible?
That isn't the question you asked and that has already been answered. Sanders has presented a way to pay for it. I'm for ending the wasteful wars, I'm for firing those who won't address the waste and fraud that is rampant in government programs. I'll admit I'm not sure Sanders will do that. If not, I'll be arguing to throw him out.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why are you always so upset whenever measures are taken to invest in the quality of life of Americans and not when tax dollars goes to the pharma drug cartels, the military industrial complex and deregulation/bailouts? There is nothing fiscally responsible by using 18% of GDP in health care costs, twice as much as other civilized countries. The health care industry and the military industrial complex are the two most fiscally irresponsible industries in America and they are protected by the people who claim they are fiscally responsible from both parties. They are fooling only the dumb.
A concern that the government will never address waste, fraud, corruption and nepotism is a valid concern. I support providing health care for all and I have that concern.

Why after all these years is the V.A. still in such a mess? I'll answer.....because we refuse to hold politicians accountable for their failed actions because of politics.

Quote:
A proper social safety net for the American people like universal health care is a recognition that there are always some of our American brothers and sisters that have it worse than we do, and by helping him or her out, we are helping ourselves as a people and nation. When we help our fellow countrymen through a social safety net we can walk with our head held high.
That's the argument Obama used. Unfortunately he just created more of what we do not need and far too many are/were unwilling to hold him accountable for that.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Quote:

Well said, there is something wrong when the US is spending 18% of GOP on health care and the European countries and Canada are paying 10-11%

Old 01-18-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:

You didnt answer the question a 2nd time..

Do you think the government is going to become fiscally responsible as they add more SPENDING to their programs?

Old 01-18-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Invading Syria, Libya and Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism but more to the point, you are for "free" stuff when that "free" stuff is killing people that aren't you.
What free stuff is there from invading other nations.. I looked around but didnt see any..
Quote:
We aren't paying for them. Why are you not demanding that we pay for them?
Since when? You see what you want to see, but that doesnt make it the truth.. Show me where I've advocated trillion dollar deficits, for anything, let alone wars.. I'll wait
Quote:
That isn't the question you asked and that has already been answered. Sanders has presented a way to pay for it. I'm for ending the wasteful wars, I'm for firing those who won't address the waste and fraud that is rampant in government programs. I'll admit I'm not sure Sanders will do that. If not, I'll be arguing to throw him out.
His way of paying for it is ridiculous, it doesnt add up mathmatically.. We spend over $3 trillion a year on healthcare.. raising taxes 3% on the "richest" americans, dont come close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections