Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2016, 03:41 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You aren't subtracting out what the employer is currently paying , what the employee is currently paying and the rising costs of having a middle man involved.
Your begging for attention is really, really annoying. You just throw crap out to see if it sticks. I can either point out how wrong you are here based on the fact that you know nothing about my finances, which is just a response that gives you attention, or I can ignore you, and you can remain uncorrected, and wrong. It's a toss-up for sure.

I'm going to ignore you. Welcome to the list.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:47 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Your begging for attention is really, really annoying. You just throw crap out to see if it sticks. I can either point out how wrong you are here based on the fact that you know nothing about my finances, which is just a response that gives you attention, or I can ignore you, and you can remain uncorrected, and wrong. It's a toss-up for sure.

His points are valid, and this is an ad hominem attack.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
His points are valid, and this is an ad hominem attack.
No, it's not a valid point. I've done accurate math based on complete figures. Why is that so impossible to imagine? Some people chose to maintain tight reign on their finances through thorough research and analysis. I'm one of those people.

I've already told that poster once today in this very thread that I won't entertain his/her replies any longer, and why. If he/she chooses to keep pestering me, I'll continue to shoot him/her down. It has nothing to do with you, so maybe you should leave the matter be.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,780 times
Well, I don't have an insurance premium, but have a really good insurance plan thanks to my labor union.

Maybe if unions haven't been gutted to the extent they are, people wouldn't look to the federal government to address the healthcare issue.

In any case, I'm willing to pay a little more in taxes if that means everybody will have equal access to care. I'm sure my employers wouldn't mind taking that off their plates too. My wife has to process her work's health insurance and days it's pretty poor insurance for the cost.

We tried getting a quote for service recently and the hospital simply said "we take your insurance, you're fine". We tried pressing harder to get a hard quote for service, but they didn't want to be bothered with it. So much for free market competition.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:17 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Well, I don't have an insurance premium, but have a really good insurance plan thanks to my labor union.

Maybe if unions haven't been gutted to the extent they are, people wouldn't look to the federal government to address the healthcare issue.
^^^
This will be one of the biggest factors that down the road will inevitably lead to Medicare/Medicaid for all.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:22 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,556 times
Quote:
No, it's not a valid point. I've done accurate math based on complete figures. Why is that so impossible to imagine? Some people chose to maintain tight reign on their finances through thorough research and analysis. I'm one of those people.

I've already told that poster once today in this very thread that I won't entertain his/her replies any longer, and why. If he/she chooses to keep pestering me, I'll continue to shoot him/her down. It has nothing to do with you, so maybe you should leave the matter be.
Your math is based on the circumscribed specific numbers of the plan of Bernie sanders. I'll speak for myself- my point is that it doesn't have to be that way. Again, we spend twice as much as other countries on healthcare. Therefore it is not unreasonable for the people of this country to demand that we spend 50% less on healthcare with a single payer system than we spend now. Of course that would require the government to cut the parasitic insurance industry right out of the loop....which would be difficult to pull off with the amount of money those criminals have....

I don't believe any forced insurance plan is a good thing, but I also don't subscribe to your theory that a single payer system has to break the bank necessarily.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Your math is based on the circumscribed specific numbers of the plan of Bernie sanders. I'll speak for myself- my point is that it doesn't have to be that way. Again, we spend twice as much as other countries on healthcare. Therefore it is not unreasonable for the people of this country to demand that we spend 50% less on healthcare with a single payer system than we spend now. Of course that would require the government to cut the parasitic insurance industry right out of the loop....which would be difficult to pull off with the amount of money those criminals have....

I don't believe any forced insurance plan is a good thing, but I also don't subscribe to your theory that a single payer system has to break the bank necessarily.
I respect your opinion. And make no mistake - it is a forced insurance plan. One that will cost upper middle-class taxpayers even more. Where is the benefit to us? I for one don't want a government-run plan that bursts at the seams with 300 million users. I've provided ample evidence earlier in this thread of the fallout that such plans create.

I understand the anger that many have with the current system, and it is undoubtedly full of flaws, fraud, and waste. But I will still vote for the freedom to choose over enforced theft of any more of my money. All I have is my vote, and it won't be for Sanders. His plans will hurt my family's finances as much as they will help a poor family's finances, so it's understandable that common ground will not be found.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:

It's not about you, I'm not sure why you thought you had to make it so as opposed to addressing the shortcomings of your argument.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Sorry, you said you were going to ignore me, it seems you can't even get this right.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

In any case, I'm willing to pay a little more in taxes if that means everybody will have equal access to care. I'm sure my employers wouldn't mind taking that off their plates too. My wife has to process her work's health insurance and days it's pretty poor insurance for the cost.

We tried getting a quote for service recently and the hospital simply said "we take your insurance, you're fine". We tried pressing harder to get a hard quote for service, but they didn't want to be bothered with it. So much for free market competition.
Yep......why this should be so secretive makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections