Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I was a born and raised Southern Baptist. Cruz can call himself whatever, but his dominionist, end-time banker "anointed one" fantasies aren't in any version of the Baptist Faith and Message that I've ever seen. It's cultish at best and outright heretical when compared to mainline Protestant theological beliefs. But if you want to compare someone's chosen religious beliefs with another person's race... Well, that's your fallacy to make.

So, unless Cruz suddenly takes the JFK approach to how religion should influence the American Presidency, his religion will be a big issue for Americans as they learn more about him.
Transcript of Kennedy's Speech on His Religion
As long as he isn't going to chop off people's heads, he can pretend to be Cinderella. I'm more concerned that, like Rubio, he has ideas but no executive experience to get the job done and the little bit of executive experience he may or may not have was as a federal bureaucrat working for the Federal Trade Commission only he never mentions it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 11:36 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
...and no, they have nothing to do with Trump. They have to do with Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell, Glenn Beck, Thad Cochran, Chris McDaniel, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, Mark Levin and Megyn Kelly (the latter two not involved in the actual issue, they just provided the air time). The question is whether the other candidates will find out about it and say something about it at the debate.

I have to think one issue didn't come out so far because Rand Paul is too far down in the 2016 race for it to come out at some debate. But we all know Cruz is no one's favorite Senator on Capitol Hill. What if it comes out tonight?

Remember when everyone was scratching their head when Rand Paul went all out for Mitch McConnell, helping McConnell to get re-elected? Hold that memory.

Glenn Beck goes on Kelly's show and tells Kelly the moment he pivoted from supporting Paul to Cruz was when Paul made a deal to back McConnell.

The problem was Cruz made the same deal the exact same time Paul did. Beck just conveniently didn't bother to mention that.

"Both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz agreed to stay out of the mid-term elections for incumbents at the request of Mitch McConnell. Both Senator Rand Paul and Senator Ted Cruz agreed with congressional leadership (McConnell) to go along with the GOP leadership’s electoral/legislative priorities. The deal was to go along with Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell’s overall objectives, electoral objectives AND legislative objectives, as the GOP entered into the 2014 mid-term election cycle. The agreement gave both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz leadership approvals for their 2016 presidential race. That was the deal."

Mr. Outsider my azz!

But there is more and there's proof:

Do you remember what happened in the 2014 Mississippi Primary? There was a runoff between Chris McDaniel and Thad Cochran. On Levin's radio show Ted Cruz expresses disgust (you can play the short video) with the racist attack ads and phone calls leveled at black voters and who paid for the Democrats to come out and support Thad Cochran in the Mississippi primary runoff? Cruz is seemingly so perturbed that he thinks it should be investigated.

Well, guess who paid for the attack ads, the phone calls and the Democrat support?

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC).

And of the Leadership of the NRSC, guess who was the Vice Chairman for Grassroots Outreach?

Ted Cruz

Here’s Why Ted Cruz Has Already Lost Iowa – Glenn Beck Lying Version… | The Last Refuge

Follow the link.

There is a document and two videos in addition to the article. For the Beck on Kelly video, they tell you at what minute you can skip to. The Levin one is less than 3 minutes. The document is an FEC filing copy that show who paid for the racist attack ads and phone calls aimed at black voters against McDaniel on behalf of Cochran.

As the conservative tree house says:

"The NRSC, the actual Republican Party itself, was funding racist attack ads against it’s own party candidate, Chris McDaniel, in the runoff primary race."

Still can't top the lousianna purchase and the cornhusker kickback.

Oh, and the negotiations for obamacare are going to be on CSPANN so backroom deals will be seen by everyone

does judge shopping count for anything?

Now if Cruz closed down two lanes of traffic in NJ in a fit of political revenge his day would be done! "Oh the humanity!"

Old 01-30-2016, 05:14 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Now if Cruz closed down two lanes of traffic in NJ in a fit of political revenge his day would be done! "Oh the humanity!"
Christy is not my first choice ... but in his defense ... he did not do that. O yes, a staff member did ... kinda like Bernie's staffer's and the DNC log. But, when the MSM decides to make a falsehood true ... what else can you expect. BTW is this the first mention of Bernie's staffers in a looong time?

El Nox

Old 01-30-2016, 09:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Christy is not my first choice ... but in his defense ... he did not do that. O yes, a staff member did ... kinda like Bernie's staffer's and the DNC log. But, when the MSM decides to make a falsehood true ... what else can you expect. BTW is this the first mention of Bernie's staffers in a looong time?

El Nox
The GW Bridge is the busiest bridge in the world. No AND I MEAN NO staff member would EVER close THAT bridge without Christie knowing.

If you've ever lived in that area (I did) and used it every day (I did) you'd know Christie was lying.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:30 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The GW Bridge is the busiest bridge in the world. No AND I MEAN NO staff member would EVER close THAT bridge without Christie knowing.

If you've ever lived in that area (I did) and used it every day (I did) you'd know Christie was lying.
I have a different opinion. Although I lived in the area 25 years, I never had an occasion to use it. However, I sincerely believe that staff critters get carried away with their power and would pull a stunt like that thinking that it would please the boss. The east coast mentality is unlike the Midwest, where I only spent 20 years. I guess our differences are perceptions of how underlings operate. Now if this were the organized crime network (I know it's close) then you are 100% correct.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections