Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 05:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Subsidize poor behavior and punish good behavior. That sounds like a road paved with liberal intentions.

Don't worry, the Sanderistas will save your banana republic.
Poor behavior is not being able to afford regular check ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 05:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Poor behavior is not being able to afford regular check ups.
That is pretty crappy. I bet you got your cigs, beer and lotto tickets though.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:34 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
I am for it. Tired of my taxes being raised not going anywhere. Tired of Medicaid being over funded. Those without state insurance are denied inpatient health or pay a premium for care. We need to regulate cost as well of healthcare and pharmaceuticals. We need to pump money into hospitals.

If you don't smoke they should deduct 5% of your taxes or if you do smoke increase your taxes by 5% for Healthcare.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That is pretty crappy. I bet you got your cigs, beer and lotto tickets though.
I have insurance. Once in awhile think of those besides yourself.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Bernies Healthcare plan

As I understand it (and that may not be totally accurate) it would be Medicare for all.

Yes, taxes would have to go up to support it.

But health insurance premiums would go bye-bye, for all practical purposes.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:34 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
I don't see any problem opening up Medicare to everyone. Just qualify it like we do now-you have to pay the equivalent of 3% of your pay for a ~50 year career into the system. So figure 50 years of working @ $50k per year @ 3%, works out to $75k, not counting interest or compounding. So let people pay as a one-time lump sum to get on board earlier. Oh, with Medicare, you can't get on board till you're what, 65? And our average life expectancy is 79. So set the cap on benefits to 12 years. Fine, want Medicare from say 20-32 and no time after? Fine, pay up.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:56 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I watched the town hall event last night with Hillary and Bernie. For the record I do think Bernie probably is one of the more honest politicians running. Probably cares more for the average American than most too. I just can't agree with his policies as they seem to extreme.

Anything outside the norm of what the right or the left is spouting out will always seem to be extreme to some people. But Obama care isn't working & what the right is saying about health care isn't going to work either. So it's time for something extreme we can't keep repeating the same things over & over again. It's not getting us any where. No one else is offering anything else up just the same crap time & time again. When I used to watch the debates there was always someone telling the other why said plan won't work. But when asked what the other proposed they had no answer. Same thing here on the forum I see more whiny, cry baby, complaining but no new ideas. At least Sanders has one.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As I understand it (and that may not be totally accurate) it would be Medicare for all.

Yes, taxes would have to go up to support it.

But health insurance premiums would go bye-bye, for all practical purposes.
Along with tens of thousands of jobs in the health insurance industry and the retirement savings of millions of working-class Americans who have invested in health insurance companies through IRA and 401(k) plans.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:34 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Bernies health care plan: stick a gun in your ribs and force you to pay your neighbors medical bills.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:47 AM

285 posts, read 176,915 times
To my knowledge, Americans are the only people in the developed world that dismiss universal healthcare as "free stuff." Others recognize access as a human right, as per the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.

If the current healthcare system was so great, it wouldn't trigger such recurring debate. Think about it. No other civilized nation is so divided on this issue. What does that tell you about the United States?

The prioritization of exploitative corporations over people is the fundamental reason why so many things are messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections