Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Hillary Clinton should be indicted over the handling of her email server?
Yes, absolutely! 31 64.58%
No 17 35.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 08:50 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

I don't know enough yet.

I know what people are saying, obviously. But that's not the same as knowing what she actually did, what the law was at the time she did it, what the reasons were that she did it, what was standard practice at the time, and whether there were any negative outcomes (besides uproar).

I've tried to get a handle on these questions myself, but the signal-to-noise ratio is off the charts. And these guys have screamed "wolf" so many times.

That's why we have investigations. I am eager for the results.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:50 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Absolutely. But the corrupted Democrat party will not let that happen.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:52 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No! If they indict Clinton, they're going to have to indict Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The New Boston Post- per their website "the hub of conservative thought"

I'm sure that's a totally unbiased survey

It's a conservative dream that Hillary will be indicted. Of course, they've been dreaming that for decades, this is just the latest iteration. Those of us in the real world know it's not going to happen - and if they did, as noted above, they'd have to save some cell space for Colin Powell and Condi Rice.
I noticed that both of you didn't comment on Hillary, but instead repeated the misinformation that has be debunked a hundred times on here.

Look at the evidence against Hillary, and tell us how she didn't violate the law.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:52 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The New Boston Post- per their website "the hub of conservative thought"

I'm sure that's a totally unbiased survey

It's a conservative dream that Hillary will be indicted. Of course, they've been dreaming that for decades, this is just the latest iteration. Those of us in the real world know it's not going to happen - and if they did, as noted above, they'd have to save some cell space for Colin Powell and Condi Rice.

It's so freakin asinine how when some don't like the message they always, always, always attack the messenger!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I noticed that both of you didn't comment on Hillary, but instead repeated the misinformation that has be debunked a hundred times on here.

Look at the evidence against Hillary, and tell us how she didn't violate the law.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
The only message is that a poll conducted by a site that calls itself "the hub of conservative thought" is biased against Hillary. Did you mistakenly believe that our legal system decides who to indict based on polls?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Should she? Probably; will she? probably not. She has worked her way out of so many legal issues, what would make this any different. I will give her credit for one thing, she is not stupid. She knows how to win the game when it comes to legal affairs. I do think it is going to play a part in her attempt to win the election.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Clinton's emails went through a private server through her commercial Comcast cable at her home--not just a private email account on a secure government server as Powell and Rice did. She also used a non-government issued Blackberry and her emails were unencrypted for an extended period. She refused a State Department Blackberry because she didn't want to carry multiple devices.

Over 1000 of her emails later were retroactively classified and 22 were top secret, and they were on her unsecured server at home. Her IT company said she had her own private email system, apart from the government.

During trips to countries like China and Russia, she used the Blackberry and her private server to send emails which could have been retrieved by these governments. Fortunately, she used middleware on her Blackberry which encrypted some of her Blackberry emails.

Unencrypted private email servers are vulnerable--they don't need to be hacked. There are people sitting and waiting to find emails which contain certain key words, and they get the email, let alone the capabilities of other countries who would just love to have their hands on private classified or even top secret government emails sitting on a private server through a commercial cable company that you and I can use.

It's pretty complicated, and the information is not readily available on the web since the FBI is investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No! If they indict Clinton, they're going to have to indict Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice also.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:00 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Hillary Clinton should be indicted for selling favors and special treatment to some of the most vile regimes on the planet while she was Secretary of State in exchange for huge monetary donations to the Clinton Foundation.

That is by far the greater scandal here.

However, there is no way she will be indicted regardless of how many counts are recommended against her, as Barack Obama and his regime are altogether too corrupt. There is no way that he or his people will allow any of hs crew to be held accountable for their crimes.

No way.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:08 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Clinton's emails went through a private server through her commercial Comcast cable at her home--not just a private email account on a secure government server as Powell and Rice did..
Wrong. Powell used AOL for heaven's sake. Our country's (retroactively classified) top secret emails were on freaking AOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.