Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 03:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump disendowed David Duke back in 2000 and he disavowed him the day before. Did Obama disendow Rev Write and his racism against whites and hatred of America.

The media is really working hand in hand with the political class. Republicans made Trump promise his loyalty to the R party. Now that it looks like he may pull it off Trump is not getting the same loyalty.
I'm fully aware of what Trump did back in 2000, which makes the interview with Tapper so funny.

Let me know when Rev. "Write"''s acts even rival those of the KKK.

I'm not sure what Rev. "Write" and the Catholic Church have to do with this thread, either.

Also, the fact that adults still do not know the difference between prejudice, bigotry and racism is pretty telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I don't know if Trump is racist, or if he's just really good at pandering to some of his fan base that's easily manipulated, small-minded, bigoted and scared of their own shadows.

However, I find it funny when Trump supporters are baffled as to why they can't get the black vote, with gems like these: USA Crime Statistics - 2015

It's part of the reason why this election is the greatest reality TV show of all time.

What....
What exactly is "the black vote?" There ARE black people supporting Trump. Let's stop talking about black people like they are cattle shall we. They aren't voting herd style.

"a new poll, which still has Trump leading the race, shows 40 percent of blacks are lining up behind Trump, as are 45 percent of Hispanics, and even nearly 19 percent of Asians.

Blacks and Hispanics, in fact, even support Trump at a higher level than whites.

Trump dominated, too, among the religious categories, getting 40 percent support from Protestants, 30 percent from Catholics, 40 percent of Jews and more. Trump also dominated among the age groups as well as across all geographic regions in the country

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/minorities-line-up-behind-donald-trump/#Q1P0tEZa2qK01kCd.99"

The results are from a new WND/Clout poll by Clout Research, a national opinion research firm in Columbus, Ohio.

Not a lot of diversity in the republican vote but Trumps speaks to anyone of any color that wants jobs to come back in this country, fair trade, legal residence, and humanly treated and paid workers overseas. People are people, and we all need to eat, and have a roof over our heads. Some people don't want special programs, they just want jobs.

We will see in the end just how many people supported him. Let the chips fall .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_Hxvitzm8

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-29-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 PM

14,481 posts, read 20,662,041 times
I have not read all 400+ comments. That said last week in Texas at a press conference someone mentioned Duke. Trump replied "disavow or I disavow" and moved on to the next question. So he did disavow days before the Sunday show. They need to keep video copies of all their events so they can go back and locate the clips.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
What exactly is "the black vote?" There ARE black people supporting Trump. Let's stop talking about black people like they are cattle shall we. They aren't voting herd style.

"a new poll, which still has Trump leading the race, shows 40 percent of blacks are lining up behind Trump, as are 45 percent of Hispanics, and even nearly 19 percent of Asians.

Blacks and Hispanics, in fact, even support Trump at a higher level than whites.

Trump dominated, too, among the religious categories, getting 40 percent support from Protestants, 30 percent from Catholics, 40 percent of Jews and more. Trump also dominated among the age groups as well as across all geographic regions in the country

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/minorities-line-up-behind-donald-trump/#Q1P0tEZa2qK01kCd.99"

The results are from a new WND/Clout poll by Clout Research, a national opinion research firm in Columbus, Ohio.

Not a lot of diversity in the republican vote but Trumps speaks to anyone of any color that wants jobs to come back in this country, fair trade, legal residence, and humanly treated and paid workers overseas. People are people, and we all need to eat, and have a roof over our heads. Some people don't want special programs, they just want jobs.

We will see in the end just how many people supported him. Let the chips fall .....

This post is just...wow. And your link is from WND? Okay.

Anyways, the "black vote" is the majority of votes, that as of now, the Democrats get. There have been more than a handful of threads recently on P&OC regarding blacks and how they vote, including this one. Why do a majority of blacks vote Dem? ....Hence why I made the comment in the post you quoted.

And I don' think J. Trump is racist, just good at pandering to certain audiences.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:46 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Senator Byrd is often cited..
You defend Hillary for praising and seeking guidance from this man. Same man who recruited for KKK and sent official mail to other senators with.....

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS)

Yet you rail on & on about Trump who disavowed David Duke.

It's partisan hypocrisy at it's finest. One standard for Trump, different standard for Hillary.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Republicans made Trump promise his loyalty to the R party. Now that it looks like he may pull it off Trump is not getting the same loyalty. Trump could have went Independent any time but he kept his word.

This stinks.
The party members like Sasse didn't take the pledge. Neither did Haley. Neither did Norm Coleman or Tim Pawlenty. Guess Mr Negotiator - the guy who said he's rake China over the coals - forgot to get them to agree w/ a pledge.

Norm Coleman, Tim Pawlenty give takes on Trump - StarTribune.com

Old 02-29-2016, 03:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I

However, I find it funny when Trump supporters are baffled as to why they can't get the black vote, with gems like these: USA Crime Statistics - 2015
The Black vote is irrelevant to Trump's supporters. They absolutely don't care. The vast majority of Blacks in the USA live in states that will end up Red in the electoral college. If Blacks want to vote for someone who takes money from profiteers that make money from locking up Blacks, that is their concern.

The Key to winning the election is gaining a majority of the White vote.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:50 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzttuMTv9E
I don't see these people hating Trump.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Black vote is irrelevant to Trump's supporters. They absolutely don't care. The vast majority of Blacks in the USA live in states that will end up Red in the electoral college. If Blacks want to vote for someone who takes money from profiteers that make money from locking up Blacks, that is their concern.

The Key to winning the election is gaining a majority of the White vote.
Oh.

Pure PR move, I suppose.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:20 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Did Obama disendow Rev Write and his racism against whites and hatred of America.
Yes he did, very forcefully:
Quote:
After days of a strained separation, Barack Obama delivered divorce papers today to Jeremiah Wright – denouncing his former pastor’s appearance Monday as “a performance” that shocked and angered him.
“The person I saw yesterday was not the person I’d come to know over 20 years,” Obama told reporters. He called the pastor’s appearance at the National Press Club “a bunch of rants that weren’t grounded in truth.”
Obama to Rev. Wright: Divorce Papers | | Dallas Morning News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections