Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 04:33 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,793,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
If I had kids now, I would be encouraging them to learn additional languages. I think it's going to be necessary in the future if you want to interact with the world.
The only language by which one can "interact with the world" is English. Thanks to centuries of overwhelming military, economic and cultural dominance by traditional white America and Britain, it is the international language. So assuming idiots don't **** it all away in the 21st century, your kids and grandkids will, like you, be able to see foreign languages as an option not a necessity.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,793,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I grew up in San Bernardino. I left home in the mid 90s for Idaho .. all of the white people creeped me out at first. You can go days and days without seeing a non white face up there. I say this as a white guy.

To those who don't yet live in a minority-majority state, don't fret ... it's not really a big deal. Brown people and black people are just like you ... most are good, some are bad. I find it hilarious that Trump supporters see a 78-year-old white man cowardly sucker punch a guy and defend it as somehow honorable, yet if they saw a black man do the same they'd be up in arms. I watch that guy and just know he was up to no good his entire life. I would far prefer a law abiding Mexican as a neighbor to that thug.
Fifty, sixty years ago your home state was golden. It was where everyone wanted to go and raise a family. Now it's near the bottom in education and Americans are leaving in droves. Why do you think that is?

Old 03-20-2016, 04:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,459,838 times
America has opened its doors to illegals and to the Third World.

It will become a lawless and impoverished Third World country like Mexico -- and the non-whites who are so thrilled about becoming the majority will want to escape from what they themselves created.

I won't be around to see it here, but I'll be laughing all the same.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:54 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,684,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Fifty, sixty years ago your home state was golden. It was where everyone wanted to go and raise a family. Now it's near the bottom in education and Americans are leaving in droves. Why do you think that is?
Property values. Every Californian I know who left, and I know many of them and I am one of them, left because you can no longer afford to buy a house there. Last time I checked, high property values meant a place is desirable to live. If a Manhattan apartment cost as much as an apartment in Des Moines, how many people do you think would choose the latter?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:37 AM

244 posts, read 169,705 times
Trump can win this election problem is hes too much of an egomaniac to listen or understand it. I watched and interview he had the other day and he was given like 4 chances to answer a question with humility and he does..................TALK ABOUT HIMSELF AND POLL NUMBERS..wtf dude. You have already beat the others why do you need to keep bringing up poll numbers?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:41 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,953,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Perhaps where you live, but not in Los Angeles. Los Angeles was originally a part of Mexico and the Spanish speakers were here before the English speakers. In fact, I was just reading something and I think it said that only 28% of Los Angeles is non-Hispanic white. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...of_Los_Angeles

While we have some illegals, the vast majority of people, including Spanish speaking Hispanics, are legal.

Also, Spanish is actually pretty easy to learn compared to languages like Korean and Mandarin or Farsi. It's easier to learn than English.
Uh; MOST Hispanic people of ANY race moved to Calif AFTER 1848 so that "Mexicans were there 1st" don't fly.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
I think being a Californian gives one a unique perspective on the browning of America. Folks in West Virginia may be worried about the immigrant hordes destroying their culture and values, but it doesn't work that way. They come to America and within a generation, if not sooner, they become Americans. Most will be like our very own lily ... thoroughly American. You'all will have no problem with them if you can look past surface details.

I have a Morrocan brother-in-law -- first generation. He doesn't support ISIS. He's too busy riding around in his pick up truck, practicing at the gun range, barbecuing on the weekend, attending church (yes church, though he's really a secret agnostic), thinking about when he should try out that new Mexican restaurant, etc. He was thoroughly foreign and Arab when he washed up on our shores in 1990, but 26 years really changes a man. Maybe most are not as flexible as him, but by the second generation, they are pretty much indistinguishable from other Americans ... if, and this is a big if for you racists out there, you can look past skin color.
1 thing that NEEDS to be be enforced are the laws against illegal aliens of ANY skin color. Legal aliens of ANY "color" ain't the problem. Too: "brown" ain't a race. lol

Old 03-20-2016, 05:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,684,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
1 thing that NEEDS to be be enforced are the laws against illegal aliens of ANY skin color. Legal aliens of ANY "color" ain't the problem. Too: "brown" ain't a race. lol
I agree. I think the problem is that our immigration laws need to be changed so that more people can immigrate here legally. You can't employ legal immigrants at sub par wages, so there is no incentive to employ them at higher ratios than citizens. Grant amnesty to those aliens who have been here for years and have broken no laws other than illegal residency. Make it easier for future immigrants to come here legally. That's the obvious solution to the problem.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I agree. I think the problem is that our immigration laws need to be changed so that more people can immigrate here legally. You can't employ legal immigrants at sub par wages, so there is no incentive to employ them at higher ratios than citizens. Grant amnesty to those aliens who have been here for years and have broken no laws other than illegal residency. Make it easier for future immigrants to come here legally. That's the obvious solution to the problem.
Why give amnesty to ANY illegal alien? There are many people trying to do the right thing; even Mexicans, who WANT to come to the US by obeying the rules. That kind of legal alien pretty much hates illegals, even fellow Mexican illegals.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:08 AM

26,120 posts, read 22,310,905 times
This has nothing to do with elections or Trump. You are now talking about the Irish a hundred years ago. I had family that came in. They came in with sleeves rolled up not hands out. Cost of illegal immigration for taxpayers: $113 billion. Crime by illegal aliens: Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens They have entered the country without authorization which is a CRIME. We cannot even take care of our own citizens and these illegal aliens keep making demands, catching anchors like there is no tomorrow, etc.

Daylux is correct that these are 3rd world immigrants. And, as Trump noted Mexico is not sending their best. Have you looked at the number of child molesters that get picked up? In parts of Mexico, the age of sexual consent is 12 years old.

They are not coming now to work or assimilate into our population but to change it. It is a hostile takeover of our country and our values.

Trump is talking not enforcing the immigration laws and too many people just jump on the wagon of this nonsense about race because it is just a mindless pattern they have fell into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections