Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And that's why I said the guy who did the punching should have been arrested & jailed. He was. Case closed.

Now in regards to this topic, is it your argument that if someone punches you in the face that you don't have a right to defend yourself?
The person who was punched did not defend himself. He may have been groping her. But in a jostling crowd, he may not have been. The girl was wrong for punching him.

The guy who reached over to pepper-spray someone was wrong, too.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The person who was punched did not defend himself. He may have been groping her. But in a jostling crowd, he may not have been. The girl was wrong for punching him.

Not sure why that's so hard to understand. We aren't saying the woman's actions are right. They weren't.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:32 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Now we have teenage girls being sexually assaulted at Trump rallies? Whats next? Murders and rapes? This doesn't happen at anyone else rallies, nor has this happened at any Presidential rallies in the history of this country. Trump is a pathetic disgrace to this country and so are his supporters. Something needs to be done before someone gets seriously injured or killed.
Yeah, Trump is quietly ordering all of this misbehavior for news headlines lol. Most of the people protesting are just doing it for the money and have no idea of why they're actually there. Great for increasing the bank account until they can give plasma again ...

The true pathetic disgraces to this country is the sitting president and the DC establishment ...

Old 03-30-2016, 12:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
The video shows that the person who was sprayed, the 15-year old girl, did nothing to the person wielding the pepper spray.
She was peppered sprayed by a woman standing next to the man she punched. Once that girl became violent, the crowd had every right to defend themselves. You don't have to wait to be punched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_cuODF5rU

Old 03-30-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Looked like a woman to me and she was standing next to the man who got punched. And it also looked as if the girl(woman) had threatened that woman too.

I don't understand this mentality of defending Thugs like this when they are clearly in the wrong.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:39 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
The video shows that the person who was sprayed, the 15-year old girl, did nothing to the person wielding the pepper spray.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2581779

"Multiple angles captured on cell phone video show the girl facing off with an older man with graying hair as the pepper spray-toting Trump supporter weaved through the crowd towards them.

The heated confrontation continued for about 40 seconds and at that point, she appears to sock the man in the face. The young man standing behind him reached over his shoulder with an apparent canister of pepper spray and hosed the teenager with the irritant."

I won't comment further about this specific incident as I wasn't there, but the NY Daily News reports the girl that was pepper sprayed appeared to "sock the man in the face". It seems after she physically assaulted "an older man", she was pepper sprayed. You can't go around hitting people.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Looked like a woman to me and she was standing next to the man who got punched. And it also looked as if the girl(woman) had threatened that woman too.

I don't understand this mentality of defending Thugs like this when they are clearly in the wrong.
I'm sure the police will fully investigate, and those who should be charged will be charged.

I'd also like to point out to you that no one is defending thugs except you.

The reasonable posters on this thread have said the girl was in the wrong when she punched someone. Presumably that's the "thug" you think shouldn't be defended. And all I've said, repeatedly, is that she was in the wrong.

The pepper-sprayer was also in the wrong. For one thing, the pepper-sprayer sprayed an innocent bystander, something which the pepper-sprayer could have anticipated, since it's a SPRAY, and in a crowd is likely to get on multiple persons. Anticipating that, and using the spray anyway, makes that person a THUG.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
I wonder if she at least got 15 bucks for her troubles?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:41 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:
The pepper sprayer is short-hair red-hat guy first seen at 1:20 as he pushed himself to the front of the crowd, pepper spray at the ready.

https://youtu.be/qg_cuODF5rU?t=1m20s

Old 03-30-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
t the NY Daily News reports the girl that was pepper sprayed appeared to "sock the man in the face". It seems after she physically assaulted "an older man", she was pepper sprayed. You can't go around hitting people.
"Appeared" LOL! I guess this is what passes for reporting these days. At least now the media is beginning to tell what really happened.

Just another case of Black Lives Matters inciting and causing violence. These Trump rallies are perfectly peaceful until they decide to start the violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections