Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

What Sanders should be attacking her on is her lack of honesty and trustworthiness. However, he continues to show no interest in doing so. Big mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 06:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What Sanders should be attacking her on is her lack of honesty and trustworthiness. However, he continues to show no interest in doing so. Big mistake.
Well he isn't exactly the most honest guy in the world either so thats like the pot calling the kettle black. More honest than her, but only by the slimmest of margins which isn't setting the bar too high.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is a completely false narrative. Bernie has been given a HUGE pass this entire season on the more questionable aspects of his promises, background and campaign.

Now that one paper FINALLY questioned him on something ~ he damn near lost his mind.
So true. Hillary has been grilled as if she were on trial for murdering puppies and just one Sanders interview with specific questions where his everyday stump speech didn't carry the hour threw him into a tizzy.

If these were "gotcha" questions, I'd be defending Senator Sanders. I really would. However, these were questions about issues on which he's been campaigning. I do think it's funny that he thought New Yorkers still used tokens. Yes, Bernie, they've not only used Metro cards since 2003, they carry cell phones too! Anyway, that wouldn't bother me at all, but at least he should have responded better to questions on breaking up the banks!

justNancy: I am a great chef and would like a job in your restaurant. Hire me.
Italian restaurant mgr: What ingredients do you use in your baked lasagna?
justNancy: I'm not really sure.

Do you think I'd get the job??

Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So true. Hillary has been grilled as if she were on trial for murdering puppies and just one Sanders interview with specific questions where his everyday stump speech didn't carry the hour threw him into a tizzy.

If these were "gotcha" questions, I'd be defending Senator Sanders. I really would. However, these were questions about issues on which he's been campaigning. I do think it's funny that he thought New Yorkers still used tokens. Yes, Bernie, they've not only used Metro cards since 2003, they carry cell phones too! Anyway, that wouldn't bother me at all, but at least he should have responded better to questions on breaking up the banks!

justNancy: I am a great chef and would like a job in your restaurant. Hire me.
justNancy: I'm not really sure.

Do you think I'd get the job??
Is Clinton really any better though?

Same scenario involving her...

HClinton: I am a great chef and would like a job in your restaurant. Hire me.
HClinton: I'm not really sure, what did the last Chef use?

Whenever Hillary is caught with a "gotcha" question, her rebuttal is pretty much the same--clutch onto Barack Obama. It's pretty engenius, and her advisors are worth their weight in gold, because the way that question is answered is based on an idea that has already been approved within the Party itself, and in the same token recycles praise from demographics that he Obama once had during his Presidency.

Hillary's history with the common "Joe and Jane" isn't any better. Just as Bernie could only last recall using the subway system in NYC when there were tokens....Hillary hasn't driven a car since the mid 1990's.

Hillary Clinton hasn’t driven a car since 1996 - CBS News

Last edited by itshim; 04-07-2016 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 09:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
I find that very odd also. He backs off going after her on the email thing/having a private server in her house which is against all sorts of rules and says "enough" on it, let's talk about other things?

I don't think the guy is playing with a full deck to be honest as that's a major thing he could really go after her on.

Also have to wonder what this "private" meeting was about...perhaps it was "lay off the email thing" and sander's listened?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-and...ting-wednesday

Old 04-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I find that very odd also. He backs off going after her on the email thing/having a private server in her house which is against all sorts of rules and says "enough" on it, let's talk about other things?

I don't think the guy is playing with a full deck to be honest as that's a major thing he could really go after her on.

Also have to wonder what this "private" meeting was about...perhaps it was "lay off the email thing" and sander's listened?

[url=http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-and-sanders-hold-private-meeting-wednesday]Obama and Sanders to hold private meeting Wednesday | MSNBC[/url]
Nobody really know what goes on behind closed doors in the political world, that is, until someone decides to write a book!

It's easy for people to ask if Bernie Sanders is playing with a full deck because of his age, but he seems pretty sharp to me, and he sure has a lot more energy than I do! However, he'll turn 75 before Election Day and Hillary isn't too far behind him, although she'll only be 69.

The last 3 presidents were a lot younger when elected. Obama was 47, Bush was 54 and Clinton was 46. I'm actually not trying to make a point, but I wanted to do the math. Maybe age isn't a factor, since John McCain is still alive and kicking, and everyone was concerned about his life expectancy in 2008, but it sure makes picking the right running mate more important!

Last edited by justNancy; 04-07-2016 at 10:35 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 10:50 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Nelson Mandela was South Africas' President at the age of 75

Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Nelson Mandela was South Africas' President at the age of 75
True, and as pointed out in my last post, Bush was only 54...and look at the mess he made! One thing they have in common is that they all look more than 8 years older when they leave office.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:53 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:

Why should he? The media has been attacking Hilliary on honesty and trustworthiness ever since ran for a seat in the Senate.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Bernie is a nice guy but, he's pretty much always been heavy on rhetoric and light on substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections