Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:31 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Bernie clearly can't admit defeat ...
He really is done if Wisconsin was any indication. He gained a grand total of 10 delegates. He needs 100's. I understand that the big states are coming up but to win 70-30 in NY/CA/PA is going to be difficult.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 04-07-2016 at 07:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
He really is done if Wisconsin was any indication. He gained a grand total of 3 delegates. He needs 100's. I understand that the big states are coming up but to win 70-30 in NY/CA/PA is going to be difficult.

BULL! "Sanders won at least 45 delegates, according to the New York Times' count.
Heading into Tuesday's primary in the Badger State, Sanders trailed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by a margin of nearly 300 pledged delegates. (Reminder: Pledged delegates are those allotted by state primaries and caucuses. Clinton led Sanders by more than 400 superdelegates, who aren't allotted but instead can vote for whomever they choose at the party's convention in July.)

http://www.bustle.com/articles/15244...rrowed-the-gap

Sanders, however, won big among independents who were allowed to cast ballots in Tuesday's open contest. With just over a quarter of voters identifying themselves as independents, Sanders won that bloc 71 percent to 28 percent. But among Democrats, the two candidates
ran even.
http://kwbu.org/post/ted-cruz-bernie...nsin-primaries

Gooooo Bernie!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 04-07-2016 at 07:22 AM..

Old 04-07-2016, 07:21 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Bernie clearly can't admit defeat ...
The very first requisite that's needed if one is to be a winner.......

That being said, I don't think Bernie can win against the Hildebeast. If he continues to make headway against her, "something" may happen to him.......

Will the shrill, entitled, heavy handed clintoon machine be seen as bullying a kindly old man? Will she lose more support by attacking him? Things finally getting interesting on the D side of this "campaign.......

Would be fun to watch both parties eat themselves this year. Way past time.

CN.......

Old 04-07-2016, 07:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelofogo View Post
I'm bitterly disappointed in him. I used to like him. Now I don't even know if he can handle a Cabinet post, let alone the executive role.
This. I voted for Sanders, but I, too, am disappointed in him for these kinds of comments.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Sanders: Clinton not qualified to be President

Truth Told

Old 04-07-2016, 07:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Just happened in a stump speech is Philadelphia. Waiting for video to surface.

A whole new angle just opened up in the primary race.
I guess I'm curious how Sanders was able to endorse and campaign for Obama ~ who had that VERY SAME PAC with no problem.

How come Sanders didn't mind it with Obama but it 'unqualifies' Clinton?

Did Sanders have a change of heart? Or is he just a hypocrite?

Old 04-07-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First he lied when he said Hillary Clinton called him "unqualified" in his speech. I watched her LIVE. She was being very gracious when she was asked about all the questions Bernie couldn't answer in the New York Daily News interview. She said he needed to do his homework and added that she'll leave it up to the voters.

So he only used the "she said it first" excuse to draw boos from the crowd and to attack her. The Sanders campaign is desperate and is now using Trump tactics because Sanders was never and is not now a Democrat. When I listen to him speak, he's not just attacking Hillary Clinton, he's attacking the party.
I saw that same interview. She was asked FOUR TIMES to label him unqualified ~ and she refused.

Bernie is now getting some heat from the press - like the rest of the candidates have been getting ~ he obviously doesn't deal well with it.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:10 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess I'm curious how Sanders was able to endorse and campaign for Obama ~ who had that VERY SAME PAC with no problem.

How come Sanders didn't mind it with Obama but it 'unqualifies' Clinton?

Did Sanders have a change of heart? Or is he just a hypocrite?

Just how harshly has Bernie Sanders criticized President Obama? Let’s break it down.

But to help you decide, we broke down three notable times Sanders has been less-than-supportive of the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...break-it-down/

Just when did he ever "endorse and campaign for Obama"?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Just how harshly has Bernie Sanders criticized President Obama? Let’s break it down.

But to help you decide, we broke down three notable times Sanders has been less-than-supportive of the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...break-it-down/

Just when did he ever "endorse and campaign for Obama"?
Of course he campaigned for Obama! And Obama campaigned for him!

Are you really that out of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections