Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,913,360 times

Advertisements

LOL I love this site!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
ok 8,001 , it was a joke, but I do think all of the RP supporters are members of this forum.
I considered posting a link to one of the presidential polls on his forums, but I didn't think the servers here could handle it.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Ok 8,001 , that part was a joke, but I do think all of the RP supporters are members of this forum.
Yeah and combat vets, We just don't buy into the do as the party Puppets say BS.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
He's far from being out of the race. He's received far more than 8k votes. Why do people not do their own research these days?
You really think he can win the gop nomination? Be truthful

Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,722,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Now did the Constitution foresee the Industrial Revolution? Probably not.
Sure it did. Article V.

Quote:
Doesn't the 14th Amdt equal protection of laws make the Civil Rights Act redundant? Probably not.
Depends on your interpretation of the 14th Amendment, and your views on if it was properly introduced and ratified. There's much to debate about the 14th Amendment.

Quote:
That document which is the source of our laws is subject to interpretation and change.
Again, Article V.

Quote:
Is there an inalienable right to privacy? Even conservatives say so but it sure as h**l ain't in the Constitution.
You mean it's not enumerated, but we do under the 9th Amendment... but is it inalienable? Some aspects of privacy are, others aren't. The principle of the expectation of privacy, while it may have been perverted, serves as a good basis for the right.

Quote:
Then comes the paranoia. 'If only we had fair media coverage Ron Paul would have won.' Success breeds success. The libertarian message is no new thing in the US -- it just never gained adherents. So, you Paul supporters, there's no conspiracy against you there just ain't that many people for you!
No, it's not new... but views outside of the two parties aren't given much visibility by the mainstream media. It's not limited to libertarians. I don't think it's a conspiracy, it just means that we have to work that much harder for the average person to hear the message.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,521,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Yeah and combat vets, We just don't buy into the do as the party Puppets say BS.
Hey I served in Desert Storm. I just think the guy makes a bad president, but I am not a conservative either.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The nomination, not without some serious brokering at the convention. The delegate scores reported by the media are not correct. Still, he has a long way to go to catch up to McCain. We will know more after the state conventions are held.

But he can influence the GOP almost as much as if he had. Remember, this isn't about Ron Paul any longer. It's about returning the GOP to conservative principles. They've paid a lot of lip service over the years. I suspect if Goldwater had actually won over Ford, the US would look a lot different than it does today.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Hey I served in Desert Storm. I just think the guy makes a bad president, but I am not a conservative either.
Thats fair! But look at what we have as a conservative

2,935 posts, read 6,722,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't... but it doesn't stop me from volunteering my time or money. Do you think we can solve the problem of homelessness and hunger? If not, should we stop our efforts to combat them?

I wake up in the morning knowing that I am doing everything in my power to attempt to fix a situation that I see as broken. You may disagree with my assessment of the situation, or the means I take to remedy it, but I take offense when people criticize my actions to do what I feel is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
I don't think it's a conspiracy, it just means that we have to work that much harder for the average person to hear the message.
Meh, I'm not sure it isn't a conspiracy. But I think the media plays the drama card too much. How much drama does a candidate with principles bring to the race? None. There's no flip flopping. There's no "I said this then because...but I'm saying this now because..." There are only so many times the media can report on someone who holds a specific stance and has the record to prove it. That makes for really boring news coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections