Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 05:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
He is celebrating that Trump is losing by 1 point. Celebrating a loss

This reminds me of like the republican primaries when Cruz and Rubio were celebrating when they came second or third place.
Trump is winning Independents 43-19 with many undecided.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:57 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Thats it? No data on how the poll was taken (phone, internet etc..) when it was taken, the questions asked? This is extremely sketchy at best. Not buying it.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Thats it? No data on how the poll was taken (phone, internet etc..) when it was taken, the questions asked? This is extremely sketchy at best. Not buying it.
I don't think they are gonna be listed in RCP. It shows they take surveys almost everyday and the previous polls are not listed there.

I read somewhere they were online polls so who knows what kind of methodology they use. Probably not a very good one if they can afford to poll so often. Maybe the Trump trolls found a way to troll that poll like they did with the republican debates.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I don't think they are gonna be listed in RCP. It shows they take surveys almost everyday and the previous polls are not listed there.

I read somewhere they were online polls so who knows what kind of methodology they use. Probably not a very good one if they can afford to poll so often. Maybe the Trump trolls found a way to troll that poll like they did with the republican debates.
Yes, Im sure it was an online poll and probably one you can sit there and vote as many times as you'd like. Just like those Drudge polls Trump loves to bring up he wins after thousands of Trumpettes sit there mashing the button to vote for him hundreds of times in a row

Old 05-11-2016, 06:25 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Quote:
Yes, Im sure it was an online poll and probably one you can sit there and vote as many times as you'd like. Just like those Drudge polls Trump loves to bring up he wins after thousands of Trumpettes sit there mashing the button to vote for him hundreds of times in a row
The poll has tracked other polls pretty closely in the past. It has not been shown to favor Trump. We will have to see what the next polls say. I personally think its good different polls use different methodologies.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Bogus poll. Thought it looked awfully fishy. Reuters last poll in March had Trump beating Hillary. The problem? RCP didn't even recognize it as being legitimate, so they didn't list it. Not to mention that every other poll in March had Hillary well ahead of Trump. Nice try Reuters, nice try.

https://medium.com/@webconnoisseur/l...e17#.qbub28yx7

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
He is celebrating that Trump is losing by 1 point. Celebrating a loss

This reminds me of like the republican primaries when Cruz and Rubio were celebrating when they came second or third place.
If people drop the partisan BS - I think everyone should be somewhat impressed by a non-politician being within 1 point of Hillary Clinton 6 months from the election. She's had her eye on the presidency for nearly a decade. Most people in this forum had Trump dropping out of the primary by January. Those not wanting to give the guy any credit just keep moving the goal post back.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If people drop the partisan BS - I think everyone should be somewhat impressed by a non-politician being within 1 point of Hillary Clinton 6 months from the election. She's had her eye on the presidency for nearly a decade. Most people in this forum had Trump dropping out of the primary by January. Those not wanting to give the guy any credit just keep moving the goal post back.
Except he's not. Read my post above yours

Old 05-11-2016, 08:53 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Except he's not. Read my post above yours
1, 4 , 6 - who cares. If we're getting into calling certain close polls bogus - I'm impressed. Hell, 8 months ago 99.99% of the country would be shocked as s@@@ if you said DONALD TRUMP will 1. Win the nomination and 2. Be within 10% of Hillary Clinton 6 months out. Aliens had a better chance out landing for most folks.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:05 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
National polls or votes have nothing to do with the makeup of the electoral college. If they did, then Al Gore would have been our 43rd President.

Also - and I realize this is too nuanced for some people - Trump being the presumptive GOP vs Clinton (who is presumably but not actually) still running against Sanders has a muting effect on her numbers. A month from now, when Trump and Clinton are the last candidates standing, we'll have a clearer picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections