Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:58 PM

830 posts, read 684,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
McCain was a choker too. He was no attack dog. He picked Palin to do the dirty work while he stood by and took up space at his rallies. At least Obama's kids were not trashed by the right.. more class on the right.
Yup, McCain was a feeble guy with no aggression. He stood by twiddling his thumbs before opening the door of the White House for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 06:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
McCain was a choker too. He was no attack dog. He picked Palin to do the dirty work while he stood by and took up space at his rallies. At least Obama's kids were not trashed by the right.. more class on the right.
He picked Palin because he thought a woman--any woman--on the ticket was going to help him. He barely vetted her, so he didn't realize until it was too late that she had no brain. I would bet McCain lists putting Palin on his ticket as the single most stupid thing he ever did in his life. And he owes the country a huge apology for foisting this airhead on us.

On the plus side, I love seeing the bubble brain standing next to Trump on the campaign trail. It's like a revival of Dumb and Dumber, only it's really hard to tell which is which.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
She stands with the people now that she's on the Trump Train. She's changing for the better.
No, you just think she is because she's supporting your guy. The last couple of times I've heard her speak if it had been anyone else I'd swear she was taking drugs. Coherent is not a word I'd associate with her prose.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:36 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet she knew to take what she had to make 10s of millions. I think you failed to make your point.
Grifters don't have to be smart. All they need is to be opportunistic.

Sarah got a big heaping of opportunity handed to her on a silver platter with an elephants engraved all over it. Even Trump has had to work a lot harder than she did.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:31 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And people call her stupid. LOL
The amount of money that you have does not in any way measure how smart or not you are. She is very intellectually challenged and if she had a trillion dollars it would not make her any smarter.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:47 PM

952 posts, read 518,507 times
Quote:
Yes, McCain was a choker after he realized the horrific mistake he had made...

And no, the right didn't trash Obama's daughters, just as the left didn't trash GW's daughters. Chelsea, Hillary and Michelle....another story....

Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Isn't Palin going to have to explain interviews she has given in the past extolling the virtues of Paul Ryan? One might think she is not authentic.

It's going to make a great Ryan campaign ad.

"...PALIN: Fire me then, Roger. Sorry. I already failed. But listen, no, we have some strong, some young terps (ph) in this party. Paul Ryan, I'm very impressed with Paul Ryan.

WALLACE: Congressman from Wisconsin.

PALIN: Yes. He's good. Man, he is sharp, he is smart, articulate and he is passionate about these common-sense solutions that America has got to adopt to get us on the right road.

TRANSCRIPT: Fox News Sunday Interview With Sarah Palin | Fox News

Palin in 2010:

Old 05-09-2016, 03:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, you just think she is because she's supporting your guy. The last couple of times I've heard her speak if it had been anyone else I'd swear she was taking drugs. Coherent is not a word I'd associate with her prose.
I'm just wondering who taught her the word "ilk" as she repeats the phrase 'Paul Ryan and his ilk' a number of times in her interviews.

Unless she meant elk?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-be-cantored/

Why Sarah Palin's feud with Paul Ryan matters | MSNBC

Old 05-09-2016, 03:59 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I'm trying to figure out which is more amusing:

*The fact that the most conservative House Speaker in many decades isn't good enough for the unhinged rabble otherwise known as the Republican base these days

or

*The idea that the incoherent hillbilly from Wasilla will have one iota of affect on Paul Ryan's reelection

Comedy. Comedy gold!

You are mistaken.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:05 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Just ask Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter about Palin . . . . . they were the ones who pushed for her to be on the ticket. They now think she is the devil. Watch the HBO film Game Change. As I understand it, it is a very accurate portrayal.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections