Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:45 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times

Advertisements

So, is Trump a racist or not?

Old 05-10-2016, 08:46 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
How many of these inconsequential Chicken Little sky is falling due to Trump threads will we see before the election? Gonna be a very high number...omg.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How many of these inconsequential Chicken Little sky is falling due to Trump threads will we see before the election? Gonna be a very high number...omg.
Inconsequential? Time magazine and dozens of other outlets have been reporting it today and it's trending topic on Twitter. Hardly inconsequential

Old 05-10-2016, 08:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well they can't do anymore "Trumps gonna fade" threads. And they can't talk about Hillarys failure as a Sec of State and how that makes her a good choice as president.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Well they can't do anymore "Trumps gonna fade" threads. And they can't talk about Hillarys failure as a Sec of State and how that makes her a good choice as president.
They're running out of material and repeating the same thing over and over is a sign of dementia.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Inconsequential? Time magazine and dozens of other outlets have been reporting it today and it's trending topic on Twitter. Hardly inconsequential
Because someone said.
The sheeple are all atwitter over it.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:15 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because someone said.
The sheeple are all atwitter over it.
They've got to change the subject. Their chosen one just lost another primary and polls show she's statistically tied with Trump in key swing states. And the e-mail thing hasn't gone away.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:31 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So, is Trump a racist or not?

From listening to Mr. Trump for years, I say he is not.

The problem he has is that some people 'hear what they want to hear'. I believe that when Mr. Trump called for not allowing people of the Muslim faith into the country ('until they get this figured out', whatever that means), some segments of our society heard: "I will not allow any more black people in", since some people equate 'Muslim" with being black. Many also believe that Mr. Trump was calling for expelling those Muslims already in this country, which I don't think he did; but, again, some people chose to hear that (including drawing the unspoken conclusion that he will 'expel blacks').

For instance, concerning the gentlemen at issue in this thread, CNN cites Mr. Johnson thusly:

"n a telephone interview with CNN, Johnson said he understood that "a campaign has to put its best foot forward — and I'm a white nationalist, and we live in a society today where white people don't like white people who like white people. And so, I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize Mr. Trump's chances. So it's best that I resign."

Donald Trump campaign OKs white nationalist as GOP delegate after 'database error' - CNNPolitics.com

Mr. Johnson obviously believes that Mr. Trump shares his ideals, at heart, and, since he (Johnson) realizes that his being a delegate would harm Mr. Trump's chance of being President, he, Mr. Johnson, made it clear that if not already removed as a delegate, he resigned as such. Yet, he obviously supports Mr. Trump.

Yet, again, I doubt very seriously that Mr. Trump is a 'racist'. He has garnered applause over the years for his golf courses being open to people of all color and faith (and able to pay the membership fees and such). There are still plenty of country clubs in the US of A that do not allow blacks (or even Jews) membership. Mr. Trump is against such thinking.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
^^^^^ Yup, I don't think Mr. Trump is a racist, but a huge segment of his supporters definitely are. I think he has like 100% approval rating among the white supremacists.

Mick

Old 05-11-2016, 07:22 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
^^^^^ Yup, I don't think Mr. Trump is a racist, but a huge segment of his supporters definitely are. I think he has like 100% approval rating among the white supremacists.

Mick
Do you have any evidence to back that up? Lets see the data for that claim.

Or are we just supposed to take an anti-Trump poster's word for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections