Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 05:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,349,661 times

Advertisements

...and hes blaming it on a "database error". So far we have had Trump re-tweeting white supremacists at least a half dozen times on Twitter, KKK making robocalls for Trump, Trump refusing to denounce David Duke or the KKK for weeks until he was forced to and now this. Where theres smoke, theres fire...

Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California | Mother Jones

Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,282,267 times
So you are all fine with white supremacists representing your party. Good to know.

And yes, to many people, this does in fact matter.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,143,191 times
Give Mr. Trump a break. It's only right that your core constituents get representation at the convention in a tropical exotic city known as Cleveland. He needs their votes desperately in the general . . . his approval rate among those folks is 110%, incidentally.

Trump 2024

Mick

Old 05-10-2016, 05:59 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,628,330 times
And that person was removed as soon as they found out. This lasted about 2 seconds. Now what?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:05 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,120,039 times
I have no idea who this William Johnson guy is, can someone provide any evidence that he is a white supremacist? If anyone can provide proof that he is a white supremacist, can anyone prove that Trump knew this, and that is why he picked him?

Last edited by stburr91; 05-10-2016 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-10-2016, 06:15 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,282,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, I was asking about William Johnson.

My question still stands, does anyone have any proof that Johnson is a white supremacist?
Did you read the article linked in the original post?

Quote:
Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people." The AFP has never elected a candidate of its own and possesses at most a few thousand members, but it is "arguably the most important white nationalist group in the country," according to Mark Potok, a senior fellow for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks hate groups.

Johnson got the news that he had been selected by Trump in a congratulatory email sent to him by the campaign's California delegate coordinator, Katie Lagomarsino. "I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views," Johnson tells Mother Jones. "I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody."

Old 05-10-2016, 06:19 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,120,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And that person was removed as soon as they found out. This lasted about 2 seconds. Now what?
Ok, so this delegate was removed once the Trump campaign found out who he was. So this is just another non-story that the anti-Trump crowd is trying to make something out of nothing.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:22 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,496,607 times
He is still a delegate.

"Reached again by Mother Jones late Tuesday, Johnson said he would resign as a delegate if asked to do so by the campaign. "I accept Trump's explanation," he said, regarding the statement. "I don't want to gainsay the Trump campaign. If I am not removed from the database, I will resign."

Trump Campaign Corresponded With Its White Nationalist Delegate Long After "Database Error" | Mother Jones

Old 05-10-2016, 06:24 PM

549 posts, read 293,429 times
Actually, I think he was removed.

Here's the statement from the drumpf camp:

“Upon careful review of computer records, the inclusion of a potential delegate that had previously been rejected and removed from the campaign’s list in February 2016, was discovered,” Tim Clark, Trump’s California campaign director, said in the statement. “This was immediately corrected and a final list, which does not include this individual, was submitted for certification.”

Taken from this LA times article: A white nationalist is on list of Donald Trump's pledged delegates in California - LA Times

Old 05-10-2016, 06:28 PM

7,445 posts, read 7,041,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
...and hes blaming it on a "database error". So far we have had Trump re-tweeting white supremacists at least a half dozen times on Twitter, KKK making robocalls for Trump, Trump refusing to denounce David Duke or the KKK for weeks until he was forced to and now this. Where theres smoke, theres fire...

Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California | Mother Jones
Is he a white supremacist, as you call him, or a white nationalist, as the article calls him? What's the difference? And if he's such a big deal, why has no one heard of him?

And this is his horrible crime:

"Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people.""

Anyway, he already resigned so it's a non-story, as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections