Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,912,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
Cruz supporter here who was actually a supporter of quite a few candidates during the debates, including Carson, Rubio, Paul and Huckabee.

I was extremely angry whenever Cruz dropped out after losing Indiana. I have had a couple of weeks to think about the entire election and this is where I am at now:

After looking back at everything that has happened in this country in very recent years, I am more upset about 2012 and less upset about Trump taking the GOP. I have realized that the outcome of the 2012 election was exactly what America didn't need, and is a major reason why America is in such bad shape right now. A president will show his true colors in his 2nd term. America made a HUGE mistake when she granted Obama his 2nd term. This country is now on a course that I don't think can be corrected anytime soon. The candidates left will likely be unable to undo the damage that Obama has caused this country, and I honesty doubt that the candidates left would be WILLING to try.

As for the 2016 election long story short: I have nobody that I can vote for that has a realistic shot at getting into the White House.

When it comes to being consistent on the issues, I actually trust Hillary way more than I do Trump. When she says that she will do liberal things if elected I 100% trust that she is gonna do exactly liberal things. Problem is: I want NO part of her extreme liberal agendas and ideas. Hillary will NOT be getting my vote EVER!

I can't trust even 1 word that comes out of Trump's mouth. Judging by what he has said he is going to be a nightmare for this country when it comes to social issues and foreign policy. Remember, Trump hasn't been a politician for very long as we are told, so we have nothing at ALL to go by on his actions, just his lies, his name calling and his flip flops on the issues that occur way too often. I therefore will have to wait until I see some action from him (if he is elected without my vote in November) before I can decide whether he is someone that I can vote for in 2020.

That leaves me with 2 choices remaining: staying home on election day, or wasting my vote on somebody else that is guaranteed to lose. Thanks to Obama's 2nd term America is screwed anyways, so what the heck?? We don't even know where the bathrooms are these days and the musicians are getting pissed over it. Funny how this wasn't a problem in 2008.
I liked Cruz, donated to him. How you can NOT see that there are PROBABLY a number of issues that he and Cruz are sypatico on absolutely baffles me. Of COURSE there are never guarantees, but they both have taken tough stands on immigration, abortion, supreme court, foreign policy, etc. They are somewhat similar on trade and size of government. These are the issues. Both are relative outsiders.
It's odd to say we want a real outsider, and then when we get one who hasn't held office, complain about not having a political track record. Very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections