Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:34 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Fair enough.

What really frustrates me about the most ardent NeverTrump people is that they don't seem to have nearly the contempt towards Mrs. Clinton as they do towards Trump. Whether one admits or not, the NeverTrump stance benefits Clinton, especially if the stance is taken by someone with a public presence and uses their microphone to constantly trash The Donald.

Just this week alone, Trump has proven himself far better than Clinton on many issues: SCOTUS nominees, terror, and 2nd Amendment.

I was never NeverTrump so much as considering Johnson (L) instead of Trump. I reluctantly supported Romney in '12 and regret that decision in light of what a D-Bag he has been with respect to the chance of a Trump nomination. I'm glad to have supported Barr (I) instead of McCain in '08.

At the end of the day, I'll likely go with Trump. One reason is that there is no politician and, perhaps, no human being (if she even counts) that I despise more than Hillary Clinton. Voting for Johnson is a less direct vote against Hillary Clinton than voting for Trump.

Hopefully enough NeverTrump people come around -- I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve. I was really impressed with Ben Shapiro but have found myself listening to his podcast less as it is now the 'Trash Donald Trump Show' as opposed to the 'Ben Shapiro Show.'
Let me see if I can help you out with this a little bit.

First of all, Trump is a pathological liar, in the same class as Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Everything he says needs to be heard and processed through this filter. There is nothing this guy will not say, and then toss it off to the side later like a used napkin after lunch as soon as it is not useful to him anymore.

So to observe that he has published a political document designed to win support for his candidacy, and suggest that makes him better than Hillary Clinton, clearly suggests you have already forgotten what a pathological liar this person is. He cannot be trusted - at all.

Now you might observe that Hillary has these same qualities. Fair enough. They are both the new class of pathological liar politicians that has clearly become popular in recent years.

Also, Donald Trump was a registered Democrat nearly all of his adult life, including up until at least 2004, that we know of. He has in the past year all of the sudden "seen the light" on a few issues like immigration. There is history of him being on both sides of basically every issue that he has now used to base his platform on. He is to this day a supporter of socialized medicine and will run to the left of Hillary on his tariffs and protectionism agenda.

As far as Supreme Court nominees, he had not too long ago said he thought his sister would be a good nominee. She is a judge on a federal appeals court and is an extremest far left nutter if ever there was one.

Also, he is a petulant child and a diagnosable narcissist. In this way, he sincerely appears to be mentally unstable.

You really cannot trust this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 02:49 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
The problem with your argument is that I can certainly trust Hillary. I can trust her to nominate the most liberal of judges. I can trust her to use executive orders to promote her left wing agenda. I can trust her to open up the borders even more than they already are and give amnesty to up to 30 million illegals that do not belong here.
I don't know what Trump will do. Yes he's been a democrat most of his life. So what? JFK was a democrat and he would now be considered a right wing nut by most progressives today. Reagan was a democrat before he decided to run for governor of CA. If he's been on both sides of the issue, maybe that means he'll be a centrist in governing. Hillary will not be a centrist. She publicly states republicans are her enemies.
Like I said, I know what kind of President Hillary will be. I don't know about Trump and I'd rather take a chance on what I don't know than to vote for total disaster by voting for Hillary.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:14 PM

No person of principle will vote for either of these vile, despicable people, and any person who votes for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is not a principled person.

If you want to be able to look yourself in the mirror in the years to come without a deep and abiding sense of shame and regret, or if you want to be able to look your children and grandchildren in the eye when you are older when this comes up without feeling a sense that you have disgraced yourself, then surely you will not vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Some people have standards, others don't. Do you?

Old 05-20-2016, 03:27 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Well, if you aren't a Cruzer who has thrown in with the "Never Trump"ers, then this thread isn't directed towards you.

I have supported MANY GOP candidates who I did not like much, at the end of the day. I definitely get that.
I have supported MANY GOP candidates in the past whom I disliked greatly. I refuse to continue doing so, if the result is the nomination of a liberal democrat as the leader of the party. Sorry, I respect your right to follow party lines. The party has just reached the line that I cannot in good conscience cross.

#NeverTrump

Old 05-20-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I have supported MANY GOP candidates in the past whom I disliked greatly. I refuse to continue doing so, if the result is the nomination of a liberal democrat as the leader of the party. Sorry, I respect your right to follow party lines. The party has just reached the line that I cannot in good conscience cross.

#NeverTrump
Well said.

While I have not considered myself a Republican for many years now, in truth I always felt some sort of connection or fondness for the Republican party. But this time around, I feel like I don't know who these people are. They clearly have nothing to do with me or any political agenda that I am interested in supporting.

This is a level of detachment and disassociation that I have never experienced before. I really do not have any sense of identification or connection with either of these candidates or their supporters.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 05-20-2016 at 04:15 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 04:15 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
For those supposed Cruz supporters, Hillary hopes to revive partial birth abortion, you know, pulling the baby into the birth canal and stabbing it to death.

You know, the "kill the gays" Cruz supporters just can't get over it. Does anyone know of a support group they can join? Some where they can get deprogrammed?

Old 05-20-2016, 04:26 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
For those supposed Cruz supporters, Hillary hopes to revive partial birth abortion, you know, pulling the baby into the birth canal and stabbing it to death.

You know, the "kill the gays" Cruz supporters just can't get over it. Does anyone know of a support group they can join? Some where they can get deprogrammed?
So will "Kill the gays" Donald. Sorry pleading by Branch Trumpidians isn't going to change my mind about their idol. You voted for him, you own him and the results in November and all the rest!

Moderator cut: no manual signatures, please

Last edited by Marka; 05-22-2016 at 02:25 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 04:43 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
So will "Kill the gays" Donald. Sorry pleading by Branch Trumpidians isn't going to change my mind about their idol. You voted for him, you own him and the results in November and all the rest!

#NeverTrump
Cruz is gone. He suspended his campaign. No religious theocracy. All gone!

One Liar Down, Cruz and One To Go Clinton - Major liars biting the dust in 2016! Together they will hold hands as they burn in Hell!

Old 05-20-2016, 04:47 PM

347 posts, read 468,336 times
Cruz supporter here who was actually a supporter of quite a few candidates during the debates, including Carson, Rubio, Paul and Huckabee.

I was extremely angry whenever Cruz dropped out after losing Indiana. I have had a couple of weeks to think about the entire election and this is where I am at now:

After looking back at everything that has happened in this country in very recent years, I am more upset about 2012 and less upset about Trump taking the GOP. I have realized that the outcome of the 2012 election was exactly what America didn't need, and is a major reason why America is in such bad shape right now. A president will show his true colors in his 2nd term. America made a HUGE mistake when she granted Obama his 2nd term. This country is now on a course that I don't think can be corrected anytime soon. The candidates left will likely be unable to undo the damage that Obama has caused this country, and I honesty doubt that the candidates left would be WILLING to try.

As for the 2016 election long story short: I have nobody that I can vote for that has a realistic shot at getting into the White House.

When it comes to being consistent on the issues, I actually trust Hillary way more than I do Trump. When she says that she will do liberal things if elected I 100% trust that she is gonna do exactly liberal things. Problem is: I want NO part of her extreme liberal agendas and ideas. Hillary will NOT be getting my vote EVER!

I can't trust even 1 word that comes out of Trump's mouth. Judging by what he has said he is going to be a nightmare for this country when it comes to social issues and foreign policy. Remember, Trump hasn't been a politician for very long as we are told, so we have nothing at ALL to go by on his actions, just his lies, his name calling and his flip flops on the issues that occur way too often. I therefore will have to wait until I see some action from him (if he is elected without my vote in November) before I can decide whether he is someone that I can vote for in 2020.

That leaves me with 2 choices remaining: staying home on election day, or wasting my vote on somebody else that is guaranteed to lose. Thanks to Obama's 2nd term America is screwed anyways, so what the heck?? We don't even know where the bathrooms are these days and the musicians are getting pissed over it. Funny how this wasn't a problem in 2008.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,911,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Let me see if I can help you out with this a little bit.

First of all, Trump is a pathological liar, in the same class as Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Everything he says needs to be heard and processed through this filter. There is nothing this guy will not say, and then toss it off to the side later like a used napkin after lunch as soon as it is not useful to him anymore.

So to observe that he has published a political document designed to win support for his candidacy, and suggest that makes him better than Hillary Clinton, clearly suggests you have already forgotten what a pathological liar this person is. He cannot be trusted - at all.

Now you might observe that Hillary has these same qualities. Fair enough. They are both the new class of pathological liar politicians that has clearly become popular in recent years.

Also, Donald Trump was a registered Democrat nearly all of his adult life, including up until at least 2004, that we know of. He has in the past year all of the sudden "seen the light" on a few issues like immigration. There is history of him being on both sides of basically every issue that he has now used to base his platform on. He is to this day a supporter of socialized medicine and will run to the left of Hillary on his tariffs and protectionism agenda.

As far as Supreme Court nominees, he had not too long ago said he thought his sister would be a good nominee. She is a judge on a federal appeals court and is an extremest far left nutter if ever there was one.

Also, he is a petulant child and a diagnosable narcissist. In this way, he sincerely appears to be mentally unstable.

You really cannot trust this guy.
You can't trust ANY politician, you silly person!!
Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections