Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 05:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

Here is more information on how undocumented foreign citizens can serve in the military: https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-shee...ice-fact-sheet

Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I'm not a vet, but I would like a vet who happens to support Trump to explain to me why he/she is supporting Trump. I would truly be curious--and, ultimately, still bewildered and scratching my head, more than likely.
I am not a veteran, but I know a lot of veterans. Some like him, some don't. I say 60/40%

Just because they support what he has to say, doesnt mean they will vote for him.

Here are some examples why SOME veterans might support (and actually even vote) him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uftgZWqvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34xUrg26mw

----------------------------------------------------------------

To me, I agree with all three of them. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H24QHNKcn4

Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I had the same question, considering Trump wants to use the military in ground warfare in the Middle East and wants soldiers to kill the children of terrorists, a war crime.
Here I was flirting with the idea of joining the military--namely, a branch's reserves or the Air NG here in California. However, a Trump presidency has the potential to make American-Middle Eastern relations far, far more dangerous and strained--as well as, perhaps consequently, relations between Israel and Arab entities/countries and even relations between the UAE (friendly to the West now) and far more extremist Arab Islamic entities/countries.

Yeah, you raise a legitimate concern. Unfortunately so, but you do.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 06-04-2016 at 05:52 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 05:28 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Nope..gonna call you out on your BS

The problem with liberals, (one of many BTW) is that they promote a completely DISHONEST narrative.

Because Trump has a public feud with Rosie O (One that she started BTW) Now Trump hates ALL women

Because Trump is tired of ILLEGAL ALIENS killing our citizens, then by their pea brained logic Trump of course hates ALL Mexicans.

Because Trump is concerned for the safety of ALL AMERICANS..even Mooslim Americans by proposing vetting new immigrants from terrorist countries, of course means he hates all Mooslims

Quit being part of the dishonest, hypocritical left wing, THink for yourself.
Spoken like a proud conservative who conveniently ignores the recent past. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Now the administration that put up that banner several years before the Iraq War ended had the mental disorder. Just so you know. It certainly was not honest, either. The Pat Tillman cause of death cover-up, Halliburton, the Valerie Plame outing, Abu Graib torture prison, letting bin Laden leave the USA after 911 but no one else, Cheney's hyper-hawkishness after four Vietnam deferments to avoid the draft. Disgrace after disgrace. LOL. Nice try. Providing valuable information to enlighten you. That administration was the most hypocritical we have had. You're welcome!

In fairness, Hilary voted for the Iraq War and with her email scandal and Benghazi, I will never vote for her. Please consider voting for Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party. Both Hilary and Donald have disrespected and betrayed too many Americans. Neither is close to the minimum standard we want in our future President. Not even close IMO.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Spoken like a proud conservative who conveniently ignores the recent past. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Now the administration that put up that banner several years before the Iraq War ended had the mental disorder. Just so you know. It certainly was not honest, either. The Pat Tillman cause of death cover-up, Halliburton, the Valerie Plame outing, Abu Graib torture prison, letting bin Laden leave the USA after 911 but no one else, Cheney's hyper-hawkishness after four Vietnam deferments to avoid the draft. Disgrace after disgrace. LOL. Nice try. Providing valuable information to enlighten you. That administration was the most hypocritical we have had. You're welcome!

In fairness, Hilary voted for the Iraq War and with her email scandal and Benghazi, I will never vote for her. Please consider voting for Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party. Both Hilary and Donald have disrespected and betrayed too many Americans. Neither is close to the minimum standard we want in our future President. Not even close IMO.
I agree with your bold. But I doubt Gary Johnson is a true libertarian. I like the guy, but he seems a little out of touch with reality.

Trump has said some idiotic things, but I agree with him on one thing only and that is that politicians should not be beholden or bought by special interest groups. I suspect this is the reason for much of his popularity. I am not sure if Trump believes in limited government control. But I do agree that government is to govern. Law should be followed. Veterans should be taken care of even though they are the true minorities. (only 1% or less. if you count combat veterans only, they are less than 1% of the population) but let's face it, how a country treats the vets says a LOT about the culture and value of that country. So it is important issue.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:51 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with your bold. But I doubt Gary Johnson is a true libertarian. I like the guy, but he seems a little out of touch with reality.

Trump has said some idiotic things, but I agree with him on one thing only and that is that politicians should not be beholden or bought by special interest groups. I suspect this is the reason for much of his popularity.
But apparently you are fine with a politician who spent many years doing the buying. It's not like Trump has tried to hide that fact--he bragged about it. I don't understand how you can reconcile your position so that it's okay to be the buyer, but not the bought. It makes no sense.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But apparently you are fine with a politician who spent many years doing the buying. It's not like Trump has tried to hide that fact--he bragged about it. I don't understand how you can reconcile your position so that it's okay to be the buyer, but not the bought. It makes no sense.
Many things make no sense. Some things I cannot explain myself either. I don't have all the answers. That is why I am undecided. LOL I have five months to make up my mind. But one thing for sure, I am not excited for anybody.

At the end of the day, I hope everybody gets what they deserve and want. They just want to see some improvement in their personal life I believe. Many do love this country, Trump supporters, hillary supporters, or Bernie supporters. Johnson supporters. we just have different opinions. that is all. No need to fight like cats and dogs.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:57 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times
Quote:
I am not a veteran, but I know a lot of veterans. Some like him, some don't. I say 60/40%

Just because they support what he has to say, doesnt mean they will vote for him.

Here are some examples why SOME veterans might support (and actually even vote) him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uftgZWqvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34xUrg26mw

----------------------------------------------------------------

To me, I agree with all three of them. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H24QHNKcn4
I see what they're saying. While it doesn't change my mind, I also understand that the typical vet isn't going to lean toward Clinton's or Sanders' ways of thinking (not that I do, either). That's just reality.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I see what they're saying. While it doesn't change my mind, I also understand that the typical vet isn't going to lean toward Clinton's or Sanders' ways of thinking (not that I do, either). That's just reality.
I agree with you.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
I think he is entitled to his opinion. His opinion is his opinion. I am sure his opinion is also shared by other veterans. And that is okay. It is what democracy is all about.

I know a lot of veterans who like what Trump has to say. How many of these "likes" would turn into actual votes? I don't know.

I don't recall Trump has said anything ugly against Muslim, women, or Latino veterans. Maybe I have missed something. In term of McCain, well, he is a war hero, but he is not the only one. How about those who accomplished their missions over and over again, are these people heroes? What makes Mccain the war hero, and the veterans waiting for treatment at VA hospital just a regular veteran who has done his/her job?

Are you telling me McCain's social status and POW status don't count? Social status matters a great deal in this country. A kick ass bronze star recipient might be working at your local gas station. Nobody would give him a second look. Isn't he a war hero too? Does he deserve some mad love too? =)
Oh please. First, ffdtrump's nasty rhetoric about all those groups you listed and MORE includes veterans ...as he doesn't discriminate in his nastiness. I don't see where anyone mentioned 'social' status, nor that McCain is the only one, as you repeatedly rant about on these boards ( check back over your posts), deserving of recognition. No one has written that any vet should not receive the treatment they deserve, be it medical or respect/recognition for their service.

You are entitled to your opinion but your comments are a deflection from the topic. That said, over and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections