Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 05:37 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times

Advertisements

This thread is a perfect example of why the Republic party is in so much trouble and why it is losing support. The party is populated by grouchy old men who NEVER have anything positive or uplifting to say, and, evidently, by the responses on here, it's supporters are cut from the same cloth. The GOP is dying a little more every election.

I don't care if you hate Obama and think Hillary is a witch, the focus of this thread was about how America has grown to the point where something that was unthinkable just a decade ago has come to pass....ie, that we have put aside our 1950's biases and hatred, and elected a black man and are considering electing a woman. But you GOP/Trumpies have so much hatred in your hearts you can not allow yourself to acknowledge how great that is. Instead, you turn it into an opportunity to spew more of your negative venom.

You, who bash Obama, forget, very conveniently, what a ****hole this country was in back in 2008 when he took over ! Millions were losing their homes, jobs were very hard to find and keep, the economy was at 1929 levels, and we were in serious trouble. Right now, in 2016, homes are once again selling and being built, people are going back to work, and people are spending money and feeling pretty positive about the future. (some of you will, of course, find that impossible to accept, but it is a fact and undeniable ) Are things better today than 8 years ago ? HELL YES !!!

You guys really need to start opening up your minds and stop looking at the entire world as a half empty glass. Try, for a change, to give credit where credit is due. I don't see any of you stepping up to do anything to improve America, like maybe running for President, or some other office. No, you choose to sit back and criticize everyone you don't like instead.

Being President of this country is not an easy task, and there will always be things he or she does that we might disagree with, but that does not make them a traitor or a person who is trying to sell America out.

Just for today, try thinking positively instead of having your heads in the sand. You might find it refreshing and eye opening .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 05:50 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
^ Trump is living rent free in your mind

Old 06-08-2016, 06:28 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,853 times

Says everything you need to know about her.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:30 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
This thread is a perfect example of why the Republic party is in so much trouble and why it is losing support. The party is populated by grouchy old men who NEVER have anything positive or uplifting to say, and, evidently, by the responses on here, it's supporters are cut from the same cloth. The GOP is dying a little more every election.

I don't care if you hate Obama and think Hillary is a witch, the focus of this thread was about how America has grown to the point where something that was unthinkable just a decade ago has come to pass....ie, that we have put aside our 1950's biases and hatred, and elected a black man and are considering electing a woman. But you GOP/Trumpies have so much hatred in your hearts you can not allow yourself to acknowledge how great that is. Instead, you turn it into an opportunity to spew more of your negative venom.

You, who bash Obama, forget, very conveniently, what a ****hole this country was in back in 2008 when he took over ! Millions were losing their homes, jobs were very hard to find and keep, the economy was at 1929 levels, and we were in serious trouble. Right now, in 2016, homes are once again selling and being built, people are going back to work, and people are spending money and feeling pretty positive about the future. (some of you will, of course, find that impossible to accept, but it is a fact and undeniable ) Are things better today than 8 years ago ? HELL YES !!!

You guys really need to start opening up your minds and stop looking at the entire world as a half empty glass. Try, for a change, to give credit where credit is due. I don't see any of you stepping up to do anything to improve America, like maybe running for President, or some other office. No, you choose to sit back and criticize everyone you don't like instead.

Being President of this country is not an easy task, and there will always be things he or she does that we might disagree with, but that does not make them a traitor or a person who is trying to sell America out.

Just for today, try thinking positively instead of having your heads in the sand. You might find it refreshing and eye opening .
So you want positive thoughts about a person who is under intense FBI scrutiny along with many of the folks that would make up her future administration? No thanks.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's an extremely significant historic breakthrough. Women have not even had the right to vote for a hundred years yet!
This is not a breakthrough. Hillary is not a self-made woman. Without being married to a president, no one would know who she is. I will wait until a woman earns a right to run for president on their own merit.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Incredible speech. She was really good, natural and confident. Stark contrast to Trump's zombie performance.
Exactly. Like a chastised child, he read the remarks he was given. He won't be able to stand it for long, though and soon will be back to his swaggering, insulting ways.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:14 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This is not a breakthrough. Hillary is not a self-made woman. Without being married to a president, no one would know who she is. I will wait until a woman earns a right to run for president on their own merit.
I'd be thrilled with a qualified woman becoming president. Hillary will be embarrassing as younger generations learn about the shear level of corruption she brings with her.

It's great a woman might be President, but if I were a woman, personally, I'd be dismayed if it were Clinton.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:26 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I do find it a historic moment, and look forward to Hillary Rodham Clinton being officially made the Democratic Nominee.

Back in high school, during the Nixon years, I had doubts whether a woman would achieve this high-water mark in my lifetime. I was absolutely sure that a black man would not be president in my life.

One reason I had doubts about a woman being president (or even a nominee) was simply the 'times' I was living in. The Soviet Union was strong, with very strong, and prejudicial, men in charge (by prejudicial, I mean they thought that women were inherently weak and had no place in politics, business, leadership roles, etc.). I figured that it would be rather disastrous to have a woman be president and having to deal with the USSR.

Of course, as time went by, and I witnessed the period of Margaret Thatcher, my views began to change. no one could charge Prime Minister Thatcher with being 'weak'.

The times have indeed changed. I did live to see a black man in the White House, and it is a strong possibility that I will see a woman as president. Even if HRC loses, it is still historic that a woman is the presidential nominee of a major party (I recognize that Geraldine Ferrero was a VP nominee, which itself was historic).

Old 06-08-2016, 08:28 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
How is this historic? It's a rigged system. This nominee was picked 3 years ago.

It's actually more amazing that Kim Jung Un won the North Korean elections.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:29 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Make that Grandfather - guys like Hillary too!

Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections