Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,680,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You also assume Trump knows what he is talking about.
So, you're arguing that I'm not voting for Trunp because I believe he knows what he's talking about.

You're not making any sense.

Go back to your Clinton campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Everyone lies to a degree, some major lies, some very minor, but they are

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!
So, all lies are equal, is that your point? Me lying to my wife about throwing away the leftover cookies is the same as the prosecutor who lies to a jury about evidence to get a conviction? Ok, got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 01:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The old US vs. THEM nonsense. Many people who are critical of Hillary aren't Republicans (I'm not), never supported Bush, and have 'cut the cord' so couldn't possibly watch Fox News unless visiting someone else, waiting in a waiting room, etc. Criticism of Hillary and calling her out re her lies stands on it's own merit. At least you acknowledge that the 110 emails were mentioned, even though you obviously don't care that that grouping, as described by Comey, proves that she lied.

Are you actually claiming that Hillary didn't lie?

BTW, it's brainwashed (one word) not brain washed, as you wrote above.
The fact that there were 110 emails that were "classified" sent on a private server is actually a non issue to me. Did she lie? I don't know, and really don't care. I see politicians lie every day, I don't believe any of them.

With all the problems in this country, and around the world, to see this level of scrutiny over these emails is actually quite grotesque. The reason I use that adjective is because this is the same party who not only lied us into a war, but has had no interest in discussing the reasons we went into a country and killed a couple hundred thousand of its citizens, forced half the country to flee for their lives, spent over a trillion dollars, and never looked into reasons we were so tragically wrong on almost every level.

We should have had 20 investigations into why this happened, yet we had none. That's why 8 congressional committees investigating this is actually disgusting and shows an acute lack of concern on the part of Republicans to actually govern the country, and instead waste time on a political witch hunt.

I'm not a fan of Clinton and probably won't vote for her (I'll be likely voting Johnson, but possibly Jill Stein), and what makes all of this worse is the Republican standard bearer is a con man and clown who knows nothing about being a decent human being, much less a good President.

And I realize half the country remains clueless about all of the above.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:13 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you're arguing that I'm not voting for Trunp because I believe he knows what he's talking about.

You're not making any sense.

Go back to your Clinton campaign.
Be glad I entered your thread and injected some common sense into it. Now go back to your circle jerk.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:14 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,663,728 times
Quote:

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.
Washington politics is a BIG MONEY game. To make a good run for president you need around $1 billion dollars. The Democrats do not have time to find another candidate with the support and momentum that Hillary has, and no new candidate would have the time to raise the needed money.

Quote:
Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
I read a story earlier about Hillary's emails, and she made careless mistakes that made classified information potently public information. I would also assume Hillary at least stretched the truth to protect herself, but in all fairness who doesn't?

And if Hillary was purposelessly sending classified information I would make a stand, but I consider her mistake to be one of carelessness rather than malicious intent.

Bottom line is Donald Trump will add $24.5 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 20 years, just to do supply side tax cuts and give CEO's and billionaires tax cuts. But Hillary will give low income workers and the middle class cuts and add 1/10th the amount of money to our debt compared to Trump.

Trump
Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

And even looking directly at the issue of national security who is safer Trump or Hillary?

Hillary (a power seeker) at least has experience in power, but Trump is a inexperienced power seeker and with his mouth he could cause a war, cause riots, and make countries hate us even more. So I also consider Hillary safer for America's national security.

Reality is we have 2 choices Hillary or Trump, and since I don't want to leave America's children with $24.5 trillion dollars of extra national debt I'm supporting Hillary as much as I can.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:24 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,973,912 times
According to the FBI director, "Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust."

The FBI had to rewrite the intent of the law in order to not charge her. Please stop - you are embarrassing yourself. You call the other "half of the country" clueless, when you are the classic example of it. At least be intellectually honest with yourself when you are not writing on this list. You are part of the problem. . . not the solution to the very ills of this country you write about.

Read more at: FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook | National Review

Quote:
The fact that there were 110 emails that were "classified" sent on a private server is actually a non issue to me. Did she lie? I don't know, and really don't care. I see politicians lie every day, I don't believe any of them. . . .

And I realize half the country remains clueless about all of the above.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,453,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don't care that Republicans think she lied, regardless of the evidence...
So evidence doesn't matter to Democrats.

Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
As an outsider, for the life of me I can't understand the attraction of hillary to the left. She is a corporatist, big money shill and represents all that is wrong with the intersection of politics and capitalism. She also strikes me as the type who will drag us into all manner of military adventures to prove how tough she is. If it weren't for her social policies, I'd say she has more in common withan establishment republicans than Bernie democrats.
The left doesn't care about any of this.

She's a woman, and it's "time for a woman."

All the left cares about is identity politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
There is a REASON I view Clinton as the lessor of two evils. And thats because she is actually more honest then Trump.
If you say so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Hillary will have a new real or imagined scandal on a regular basis, but that's not a serious threat to the country. Putting an insane con man like Trump in could very well compromise the viability of the nation.

If he actually did the things he says he'd do, the United States will be unrecognizable (and not for the better) by the time he's done.
Actually, it would be for the better -- a lot better.

We'd no longer be turning into a Third World hellhole.

Quote:
With all the problems in this country, and around the world, to see this level of scrutiny over these emails is actually quite grotesque.
Obama's FBI and Justice Department chose to investigate her.

Complain to them.

Quote:
The reason I use that adjective is because this is the same party who not only lied us into a war
You have no proof of that

All the major western intel agencies at the time thought that Saddam had WMDs that were a threat to us.

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton made speeches at the time agreeing with them.

Quote:
Be glad I entered your thread and injected some common sense into it.
You wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Bottom line is Donald Trump will add $24.5 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 20 years, just to do supply side tax cuts and give CEO's and billionaires tax cuts.
You have no evidence for that.

Even if Trump did do that (he can't be president for 20 years, only 8 years, by the way), he would do a lot less than Obama has done.

When Obama leaves office, our national debt will have gone from $10 trillion to $21 trillion. At that rate of spending, Obama would spend $36 trillion over 20 years if he could stay in office that long.

Our corporate tax rate is the highest in the world, which is why companies are leaving this country. If they came back and hired millions of Americans, the tax dollars paid by those Americans would actually reduce our national debt -- not increase it.

Quote:
And even looking directly at the issue of national security who is safer Trump or Hillary?
Well, let's see.

Hillary supported the Iraq war.

After at first saying he might support it, Trump opposed it.

Hillary supported the war in Libya, which turned Libya into a failed state dominated by terrorist groups.

Hillary pushed the "reset" button with Russia -- and Russia returned the favor by invading Ukraine and seizing the Crimean peninsula.

Hillary and Obama gave Mohammed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood one billion dollars, tanks and F-16s. The same Mohammed Morsi who said that Jews were the descendants of apes and pigs.

Hillary and Obama drew a "red line" in Syria and then never enforced it, leading Russia to correctly assume that it could invade Ukraine with impunity.

Hillary and Obama decided not to leave a residual U.S. force in Iraq. Result: ISIS took over a third of the country.

Hillary's State Department ignored repeated requests for desperately needed security by Ambassador Stevens. As a result, he was murdered.

Hillary knowingly lied to the families of the Benghazi victims, telling them a video was to blame when she had already told the president of Libya and the Egyptian prime minister that the video had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
According to the FBI director, "Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust."

The FBI had to rewrite the intent of the law in order to not charge her. Please stop - you are embarrassing yourself. You call the other "half of the country" clueless, when you are the classic example of it.
Exactly.

Well said.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:21 AM

11,893 posts, read 5,868,253 times
Quote:
When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
I stepped back from much of my involvement with the Democratic party after the whole Clinton fiasco. Now I never have liked Hillary but I did think Bill would be a good President. Unfortunately, I have morals and ethics and as far as I'm concerned - he disgraced both his country and the office he held just because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Sitting back and just watching how members of my party reacted to it really disgusted me as the party was leaning farther and farther left, was no longer holding people accountable for their actions and willing to put blinders on.

There are many Democrats that I know that are not voting for Hillary. We had our fill of her when she was NY State senator and did nothing for the region - so that has a lot to do with it as we know she too can't fulfill the promises she makes because she has no intention of filling them.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,163,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
There is too much angst from conservatives who bet all the marbles on Benghazi exhaustive investigations and FauxNews peddled hope of an indictment. Time to get over it and move on.
Yeah, let's just accept the fact that Hillary's more corrupt than an ILOVEYOU-infected email attachment.

Great attitude for a country to have.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:46 AM

27,220 posts, read 15,396,548 times
She lied about it under oath.
Clinton is guilty of perjury.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:58 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,747,967 times
As usual for supporters of acts that could cause more than just embarrassment... Move along, nothing to see behind the curtain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections