Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I dislike both Trump's message of hyperbolic fearmongering, xenophobia and bigotry and his persona (narcissism, thin-skinned, recklessness). A two-fer that is negative and off-putting.
i feel that people who don't 'get' Trump won't like him one bit. He's a salesman. Compare him to Simon Cowell for a minute....Simon is 'disliked' by everyone because of the way he treats contestants and whatnut, but as time has gone on, people have gotten to understand Simon's schtick.....Trump is very similar, it might just take time to 'get' his way of doing things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:44 PM

856 posts, read 705,009 times
As a conservative and a Republican, I can tell you that it is both the messenger and the message that are problematic to me.

No human being can be perfect, we all have flaws. But I do happen to believe that character does matter in a President. Donald Trump's being blunt does not bother me, in fact I wish more seeking office were more blunt. But what is troublesome to me is his racism, his complete lack of honesty, and his going after veterans and the handicapped. He has cheated people in business and patriotism never crossed his mind. He is the worst possible messenger for the Republican Party, and he is amongst the worst people to ever seek the Presidency.

The message is also problematic. He believes that government should come in and control the market, that government should come in and control international trade, that government should control journalists, and that government should come in and kick out every illegal even if it means violating the rights of legal immigrants. He believes in the politics of envy and class warfare, the same politics liberals have pushed for generations now.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:49 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
i feel that people who don't 'get' Trump won't like him one bit. He's a salesman. Compare him to Simon Cowell for a minute....Simon is 'disliked' by everyone because of the way he treats contestants and whatnut, but as time has gone on, people have gotten to understand Simon's schtick.....Trump is very similar, it might just take time to 'get' his way of doing things.
The difference is Simon Cowell is not running for president.

I disagree with Trump on many issues. Socially and economically. His persona just tops it off. He's really not much different then Hillary, he believes he's above the law. Why else would he be sued thousands of times and fined tens of millions of dollars by different government agencies. He's a crook and a liar. I haven't even started on his bigotry.

At one of Trumps recent rallies there was a fight between Trump supporters and protesters, Trump actually smiled and said it was exciting to watch. He's a sick egotistical man.

Trump supporters will immediately attack Hillary, because that is all they can do, but I don't care. They are both egotistical people who are only interested in their self glory. Whoever gets elected, it will be 4-8 more years of terrible government management. Johnson is not a perfect candidate, but he's the only chance we have at getting a well governored government.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:52 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
As a conservative and a Republican, I can tell you that it is both the messenger and the message that are problematic to me.

No human being can be perfect, we all have flaws. But I do happen to believe that character does matter in a President. Donald Trump's being blunt does not bother me, in fact I wish more seeking office were more blunt. But what is troublesome to me is his racism, his complete lack of honesty, and his going after veterans and the handicapped. He has cheated people in business and patriotism never crossed his mind. He is the worst possible messenger for the Republican Party, and he is amongst the worst people to ever seek the Presidency.

The message is also problematic. He believes that government should come in and control the market, that government should come in and control international trade, that government should control journalists, and that government should come in and kick out every illegal even if it means violating the rights of legal immigrants. He believes in the politics of envy and class warfare, the same politics liberals have pushed for generations now.
+1

Post of the day. Trump is exactly engaging in class and race warfare. His views on government controls should terrify anyone who believes in small government.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post

quite a few people are buying into his message, he beat out 16 or 17 other nominees to get where he is today, SOME people must like what he's saying.

btw, a lot of what you said in this post is not true.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
The difference is Simon Cowell is not running for president..
OF COURSE, Simon Cowell is not running for President. He is a TV reality show host.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
OF COURSE, Simon Cowell is not running for President. He is a TV reality show host.
So is Donald Trump.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So is Donald Trump.
life is one big reality show, so, he will probably do well.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:59 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Oh, I definitely "get" what Trump ist. It's a lot more than a "shtick". The stakes are much, much higher as a head of state - and his recklessness, loose lips, thin-skinned temperament, combined with an unwillingness to take advice, are bad omens.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Unfortunately, with trump the person IS the message. His message is me, me, me, combined with a total lack of understanding of the complexities of world relationships, disdain for everyone but himself, complete lack of self control, grade school histrionics about anything he can tweet into oblivion, disastrous economic policies (what little detail we've gotten), and cult of hate mongering. How on earth can we separate him from that collection of phlegm? Can't do it.
Very well stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections