Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 11:56 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Note my above post, I made damn clear to NOT NAME ANY political candidate because as I said, this isn't about the Presidency or this election.

It's about our Congress, because it is Congress, not the President who declares war.

It is also Congress who has to fix the beyond broken VA system before they declare war.
I actually stated a fact....the Clinton's have not had the military and it's veterans best interest at heart. Can you imagine the US telling another country...wait...we can't go to war yet we have to fix our broken system. Yeah. Like that is going to happen. haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 12:10 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But we can sure as hell get into some pretty damn bloody, taxpayer $$$ wasting 'police actions' with no declaration of war ever being issued by Congress.
Perhaps you didn't read the article or thread title because this

Quote:
Donald Trump says he would declare war on ISIS
That would need be a DECLARATION of War, Trump has said this is what he will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I actually stated a fact... the Clinton's have not had the military and it's veterans best interest at heart. Can you imagine the US telling another country...wait...we can't go to war yet we have to fix our broken system. Yeah. Like that is going to happen. haha!
Where'd you find this fact? I'd love to see your sources.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Note my above post, I made damn clear to NOT NAME ANY political candidate because as I said, this isn't about the Presidency or this election.

It's about our Congress, because it is Congress, not the President who declares war.

It is also Congress who has to fix the beyond broken VA system before they declare war.
Nobody declared war with Syria or Libya but yet, there we were. Destroying lives while continuing to ignore the broken system.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:

That would need be a DECLARATION of War, Trump has said this is what he will do.

Congress hasn't declared war in 74 years. (The last time they declared war was WWII.) They will not do it now either. What will Trump do then?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:40 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Trump is going to glare really hard at ISIS, and, of course, they'll pack up and leave. because, you know, he's so scary mean.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Trump is going to glare really hard at ISIS, and, of course, they'll pack up and leave. because, you know, he's so scary mean.
ISIS has been aching for a ground war with the US for a long time. This bozo would give it to them.

Face it, Trump would be a disaster on the global scene. He's got countries already hating him (and us if he represents the US), the Defense Department is freaking out, even the war hawk nuts like Bolton and he will spark a war. Whether he officially starts it or not, he (or Donny Jr.) will be responsible for the war.

He and his kids running this country would be a disaster waiting to happen. Hope everyone with kids old enough to go to war think really hard about putting this stick of dynamite in office.

Donald Trump Remarks on NATO Trigger Alarm Bells in Europe - NBC News

NATO Takes Issue With Donald Trump

As GOP trashes China, Beijing warns of potential war with U.S.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/28...k-nato-remarks

Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody declared war with Syria or Libya but yet, there we were. Destroying lives while continuing to ignore the broken system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Congress hasn't declared war in 74 years. (The last time they declared war was WWII.) They will not do it now either. What will Trump do then?
Again, this is about Trumps own words. He said he wants to declare war. It's the title of this thread.

And that's the last I'm saying about war because my point is about taking care of veterans.

Interesting how you've picked my post apart and completely ignored my other comments.

But that's okay because I'm used to the VA being broken and that fixing it isn't a priority to anyone.

Instead you'd rather spend time arguing about semantics at this point.

Ive never gotten such blowback from people who don't seem to give a **** about our veterans.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Again, this is about Trumps own words. He said he wants to declare war. It's the title of this thread.
Actually declaring war would be an improvement.

Quote:
And that's the last I'm saying about war because my point is about taking care of veterans.

Interesting how you've picked my post apart and completely ignored my other comments.

But that's okay because I'm used to the VA being broken and that fixing it isn't a priority to anyone.

Instead you'd rather spend time arguing about semantics at this point.

Ive never gotten such blowback from people who don't seem to give a **** about our veterans.
I addressed the other part. I am NOT voting for Trump in large part because of his support for war. I think Bush and Obama should rot in hell for what they have done to the country.

Now....declaring war would be an improvement as you would have to come up with a justification that could be agreed upon.

That would be an improvement over "Im going to start dropping bombs on another country because I can".

Old 07-22-2016, 07:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
ISIS has been aching for a ground war with the US for a long time. This bozo would give it to them.

Face it, Trump would be a disaster on the global scene. He's got countries already hating him (and us if he represents the US), the Defense Department is freaking out, even the war hawk nuts like Bolton and he will spark a war. Whether he officially starts it or not, he (or Donny Jr.) will be responsible for the war.

He and his kids running this country would be a disaster waiting to happen. Hope everyone with kids old enough to go to war think really hard about putting this stick of dynamite in office.

Donald Trump Remarks on NATO Trigger Alarm Bells in Europe - NBC News

NATO Takes Issue With Donald Trump

As GOP trashes China, Beijing warns of potential war with U.S.

Ex-UN ambassador John Bolton: Trump should take back NATO remarks | TheHill
Hey, I agree with you. This is the first time I have really feared for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections