Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 02:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
According to the CNN article:

"I am going to have very few troops on the ground. We're going to have unbelievable intelligence, which we need; which, right now, we don't have. We don't have the people over there," he said.

How does he plan to have "unbelievable intelligence" that we don't have now?
A more important question is How can we have better intelligence if we alienate all Muslims with a ban and monitoring? You can't gather intelligence if nobody on your side speaks Arabic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 02:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Keep in mind that because of Obama, we have "very few troops" to begin with and add that to ISIS living in the US in many of our cities. So, when we go after ISIS, what will the ones living in the US do, those ones that have been training and recruiting?

Not another blood bath like Iraq. That crap needs to stop. We are not the only country with a military, but it always falls on us. We have our own problems and ISIS to deal with at this time and the Dems have just let it take off like "a house a fire".
Keep in mind -- SEQUESTER. That's why we have very few troops. You can thank your Republican congressmen for that.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:44 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
A more important question is How can we have better intelligence if we alienate all Muslims with a ban and monitoring? You can't gather intelligence if nobody on your side speaks Arabic.
Maybe Trump will let his sons join ISIS so they can provide us with info?

Old 07-17-2016, 03:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I'll support him if he sends his dimwitted sons over there
They should volunteer. They love to trophy hunt and play with guns. Probably only at things that can't shoot back.

Quote:
According to the CNN article:

"I am going to have very few troops on the ground. We're going to have unbelievable intelligence, which we need; which, right now, we don't have. We don't have the people over there," he said.

Maybe he'll use those guys he sent to Hawaii.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:59 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
He expects to send other country's troops to do our fighting. Like he expectsaid Mexico to build our wall. Pipe dreams that his followers accept, hook, line, sinker......

Old 07-17-2016, 04:12 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Quote:
He'll assign that same crack team of his that's investigating Obama's birth certificate.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:17 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
ask his "investigators in hawaii".

Old 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Maybe he'll use those guys he sent to Hawaii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
He'll assign that same crack team of his that's investigating Obama's birth certificate.
crap, you beat me to the punchline.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
As long as he doesn't send the 'Fat Boy' over there... I'll bet that's on his mind.

Well, it doesn't matter. He's not going to win the election.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,450,165 times
Default Trump explains his desire to declare war on ISIS

From the 7/17 CBS "60 Minutes" interview of Trump and Pence:

<<
Lesley Stahl: You said you would declare war against ISIS. What exactly do you have--
Donald Trump: It is war. By the way, it is war.
Lesley Stahl: No, but does that-- when you say, "Declare war," do you want to send American troops in there? Is that what you mean?
Donald Trump: Look, we have people that hate us. We have people that want to wipe us out. We're gonna declare war against ISIS. We have to wipe out ISIS. These are people that--
Lesley Stahl: With troops on the ground?
Donald Trump: I am going to have very few troops on the ground. We're going to have unbelievable intelligence, which we need; which, right now, we don't have. We don't have the people over there. We are going to use--
Lesley Stahl: You want to send Americans--
Donald Trump: Excuse me-- and we're going to have surrounding states and, very importantly, get NATO involved because we support NATO far more than we should, frankly, because you have a lot of countries that aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. And we have to wipe out ISIS. And speaking of Turkey, Turkey is an ally. Turkey can do it by themselves. But they have to be incentivized. For whatever reason, they're not. So we have no choice.
Lesley Stahl: But I still don't know if you're going to send troops over--
Donald Trump: Very little. I'm gonna--
Lesley Stahl: But declare war--
Donald Trump: --get neighboring states and I'm going to get-- we are going to get NATO; we're going to wipe 'em out. We're gonna--
Lesley Stahl: But declare war?
Mike Pence: Lesley--
Lesley Stahl: What does that mean--
Mike Pence: This is-- this is the kind-- this is the kind of leadership that America needs and it--
Lesley Stahl: But what--
Mike Pence: -and it begins with deciding to destroy the enemies of our freedom.
Lesley Stahl: How?
Mike Pence: And how we do that? I have every confidence. You-- you remember I served on the Foreign Affairs Committee. And I'm very confident that when Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, he'll give a directive to our military commanders, bring together other nations, and we will use the enormous resources of the United States to destroy that enemy.
Donald Trump: Now look, we are going to get rid of ISIS, big league. And we're going to get rid of 'em fast. And we're going to use surrounding states. We're going to use NATO, probably. And we're going to declare war. It is war. When the World Trade Center comes tumbling down, with thousands of people being killed, people are still-- I have friends that are still--
Lesley Stahl: But we did go to war, if you remember. We went to Iraq.
Donald Trump: Yeah, you went to Iraq, but that was handled so badly. And that was a war-- by the way, that was a war that we shouldn't have entered because Iraq did not knock down--excuse me
Lesley Stahl: Your running mate--
Donald Trump: Iraq did not--
Lesley Stahl: --voted for it.
Donald Trump: I don't care.
Lesley Stahl: What do you mean you don't care that he voted for?
Donald Trump: It's a long time ago. And he voted that way and they were also misled. A lot of information was given to people.
Lesley Stahl: But you've harped on this.
Donald Trump: But I was against the war in Iraq from the beginning.
Lesley Stahl: Yeah, but you've used that vote of Hillary's that was the same as Governor Pence as the example of her bad judgment.
Donald Trump: Many people have, and frankly, I'm one of the few that was right on Iraq.
Lesley Stahl: Yeah, but what about he--
Donald Trump: He's entitled to make a mistake every once in a while.
Lesley Stahl: But she's not? OK, come on--
Donald Trump: But she's not--
Lesley Stahl: She's not?
Donald Trump: No. She's not.>>

The Republican Ticket: Trump and Pence - CBS News

How is Trump going to get access to ISIS? Is he going to invade Iraq again, exposing supply lines to Iran and Shia militia? Is he going through Israel? Does he remember what happened the last time Israel tried to invade Lebanon and got spanked? Israel has a big stake in defeating ISIS, why didn't Trump mention Israel? Turkey has no interest in sending troops to defeat ISIS, and Iran, Syria and the Kurds would consider such an action an invasion.

What will Trump do about the Russian naval and air bases in Syria?

NATO nations won't even consider increasing their defense budgets to the level of the U.S., let alone sending substantial ground troops in an unlimited commitment to defeat ISIS.

Pence championed the Iraq invasion while cutting taxes, running up trillions of dollars of deficits and federal borrowing. See Table 1.3 here.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

As with Trump University, Trump is promising outcomes he has no ability to deliver and likely no intent of delivering.

Declaring war would commit the U.S. to victory at any cost, even more so than Vietnam which devastated hundreds of thousands of American families and led to one of the greatest inflations in U.S. history.

Such a commitment in the Middle East would have grave consequences to the already suffering American economy. Leslie Stahl never asked Trump, who already has promised to borrow his way to prosperity, how he would pay for his war. It's amazing when reporters interview Presidential candidates, they never ask about the current $600 billion deficit.

Stahl should have asked Pence whether he supported a declaration of war against ISIS. Then she should have asked if there were any Republican Senators or Representatives in Congress that would vote for such a declaration.

Trump is a joke, but a very scary one.

And Stahl's interview was pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections