Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:32 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,867 times

Advertisements

For years I guess I thought I was part of the silent majority. When elections came and went I wondered where this silent majority was. People I worked with and befriended all spoke about being tired of the abuse and unaccountability of government yet it continued for decades to get us where we are today.

When Trump began his candidacy I was glad to see someone dissing the PC culture of politics. I voted for him in the primaries. State after state more people got on board and now he is our Republican Nominee!!! My faith in humanity has been restored to find out that I was not alone in the endless sea of Liberalism that has become our new America. Thank God we will soon see values and conservatism TRUMP over the mindless waste, corruption and give me attitude of so many Dems...

Prayers are being answered and I cannot pull myself away from the news!!!!

Last edited by 68551; 07-25-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 01:35 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
LOL... Really????

Trump is a lying narcissistic worm and I'm only semi-supporting him because I can't stand Hilary.

Trump bloviates and has no sense of decorum. That has been the biggest issue with most people I know, they think he's on point on a few issues, but the delivery is wrapped up in a big ol' turd.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:37 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
And this is why I have lost my faith in humanity. I had hoped that the incidents of anti-semitism, racism, and misogyny that I have experienced in my life were one-offs representative of a poor upbringing and attitudes that were dying out. Now, I see that more people felt that way than expressed it, just kept it in their hearts. Now, it's acceptable to come out loud with those opinions under the guise of "telling it like it is." Is it, thought? Shameful.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:40 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And this is why I have lost my faith in humanity. I had hoped that the incidents of anti-semitism, racism, and misogyny that I have experienced in my life were one-offs representative of a poor upbringing and attitudes that were dying out. Now, I see that more people felt that way than expressed it, just kept it in their hearts. Now, it's acceptable to come out loud with those opinions under the guise of "telling it like it is." Is it, thought? Shameful.
Telling it like it is means telling politicians that it's time to put Americans first, instead of "refugees" and illegals. That's why I am voting for Trump. If you think that's racist or antisemitic, for what ever reason, that's your problem, not mine. Trump is not campaigning to make friends. He's campaigning on the promise of making America great again, and his supporters are going to hold him to that promise. We certainly aren't going to entertain any of $hillery's promises, because she has already proven that she cannot be trusted.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Yup, nothing says conservative values like 5 children by 3 different wives.

As for the rest of your post: Yikes.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yup, nothing says conservative values like 5 children by 3 different wives.
Ummm he's running against Hillary Clinton, who lacks a moral compass entirely. I think he will be fine.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 PM

11,801 posts, read 5,804,343 times
There is always going to be racism, anti-semitism and misogyny. Get use to it - the world is not Utopia and never will be. There will be no " We Are the World " , holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

I wish it could be so but am realistic enough to know it will never be.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ummm he's running against Hillary Clinton, who lacks a moral compass entirely. I think he will be fine.
I didn't realize Hillary was a member of the party that touts conservative values, but the usual, "Yeah, but" deflection is noted.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
For years I guess I thought I was part of the silent majority. When elections came and went I wondered where this silent majority was. People I worked with and befriended all spoke about being tired of the abuse and unaccountability of government yet it continued for decades to get us where we are today.

When Trump began his candidacy I gas glad to see someone dissing the PC culture of politics. I voted for him in the primaries. State after state more people got on board and now he is our Republican Nominee!!! My faith in humanity has been restored to find out that I was not alone in the endless sea of Liberalism that has become our new America. Thank God we will soon see values and conservatism TRUMP over the mindless waste, corruption and give me attitude of so many Dems...

Prayers are being answered and I cannot pull myself away from the news!!!!
So do you have faith in Trump being right on and telling it like it is when he said during one of the debates that wages are too high? So by how much do you believe our wages need to be cut? 10%? More than that?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:48 PM

10,100 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Oh for gosh sakes, every politician expounds on the values of America and the "American" way of life; Trump is no different. He is using the "put America first" as his campaign catchphrase. Unfortunately his past performance in business, as well as his practices in buying politicians, only illustrates that his primary interest is in putting Trump first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections