Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:26 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Advertisements

Jill Steins only job is running for president. that is her only source of income. She has done nothing good for the green Party and would do nothing good for the country. She is truly a throw away vote. I'll stick with HC, even though she isn't Bernie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I don't get the impression that her anti-vaccine stance translates to smart-cookieness, just kookiness.
That's called slander-Jill Stein doesn't have an "anti-vaccine" stance.

She wants regulatory institutions that are impartial and trustworthy-if you disagree with that-I don't know what to say.

Let's not forget what your candidate (presumably), Hillary Clinton has said on vaccines:

"I am committed to finding the cause of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines-We don't know what kind of link there is between vaccines and autism but we should find out."

I know the monopolized media is drilling your narrative into you-but the above is much more of an appeal to anti-vaxxers and could be seen as inciting fear/hysteria. Jill would be crucified if she said anything close to that.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

She wants regulatory institutions that are impartial and trustworthy-if you disagree with that-I don't know what to say.

Let's not forget what your candidate (presumably), Hillary Clinton has said on vaccines:

"I am committed to finding the cause of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines-We don't know what kind of link there is between vaccines and autism but we should find out."

I know the monopolized media is drilling your narrative into you-but the above is much more of an appeal to anti-vaxxers and could be seen as inciting fear/hysteria. Jill would be crucified if she said anything close to that.
If you follow vaccine discussions much, you know that what Stein said is anti-vax. She was even worse on that CNN Town Hall than she was in her previous comments. Here is an excellent article (even though it's Huffpo) about Stein and vaccines. Jill Stein May Not Be Anti-Vax, But She's Pushing A Dangerous Anti-Vax Theory
"Patsy Stinchfield, senior director of infection prevention and control at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, called the vaccine regulation process a “model government public/private decision-making body” because of the transparency and openness of the meetings, the inclusion of journalists in the room, and rules that require ACIP members to disclose any financial holdings in vaccine companies and abstain from voting if they have a conflict of interest.

“The chance is nil for corporate influence on the CDC vaccine deliberations,” said Stinchfield, who has been involved with ACIP for 14 years ― four as a voting member and 10 as a liaison representing the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners.

Heidi Larson, director of The Vaccine Confidence Project at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said pharmaceutical corporations can only dream of influencing the process in the way Stein suggests.
She's pandering to her Greenies, a lot of whom are conspiracists. She has no evidence that there is anything wrong with the US vaccine supply."

My allowable three. There's much more in there, including how a vaccine gets approved. Stein's either lying or ignorant.

Here's another good article that says that very thing: Hillary Clinton is now the only candidate not pandering to the anti-vaccine movement - Vox
"So Stein is walking a fine line: She seems to know that vaccines are safe and effective, but she’s fostering just enough skepticism about her stance to pander to anti-vaxxers. Still, for Stein, there are some political incentives to take this kind of stance: Part of her Green Party base is made up of science-skeptical liberals who think that vaccines are potentially dangerous and linked to autism, and some just believe that federal regulators are under control of the medical industry, regardless of their vaccine beliefs. To keep the Green Party coalition together, Stein likely feels that she needs these people under her banner."

That Hillary Clinton comment is from 2008. She has recently changed her mind.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7d6_story.html
"The latest tweet from Hillary Rodham Clinton sounded straightforward enough: “The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork."

The sad thing is Stein knows better.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:38 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

The key phrase being 'has said'.

As in, way back in 2008.

As in, a year before the revelation that Andrew Wakefield had manipulated the data in his 1998 paper - which is the centerpiece around which the whole "Vaccines cause autism!" nonsense.

How convenient that you failed to mention that...

Old 08-23-2016, 05:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpz2XBGce0

Old 08-23-2016, 10:19 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I cant see where Jill Stein will be attracting many righties,she leads the green party which has strong views on environmental issues.
Bottom line? she has no chance of winning.
I am very much an environmentalist and I nevertheless don't think Jill Stein is even remotely qualified to be president, and I will certainly not be voting for her.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 08-23-2016 at 10:30 PM..

Old 08-23-2016, 10:56 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
I agree with the thread title and would take it further.....I'd vote for a pile of dirt for president if it were on the ballot running against clinton.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:26 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I am very much an environmentalist and I nevertheless don't think Jill Stein is even remotely qualified to be president, and I will certainly not be voting for her.
I was just thinking attention to Global Warming and having us all drive around in electric cars isn't something that would attract too many righties.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Why would anyone who cares about the environment vote for Stein, which helps Trump, and then have to deal with Keystone Pipeline, all those factories for manufacturing (and accompanying pollution) and more coal mining?

Please, by all means do vote your conscience, but please don't bother complaining or protesting the Keystone Pipeline and the pollution and disregard for the environment that will be heading our way with Trump and possibly a GOP congress. And please understand, there is no way she could win.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why would anyone who cares about the environment vote for Stein, which helps Trump, and then have to deal with Keystone Pipeline, all those factories for manufacturing (and accompanying pollution) and more coal mining?

Please, by all means do vote your conscience, but please don't bother complaining or protesting the Keystone Pipeline and the pollution and disregard for the environment that will be heading our way with Trump and possibly a GOP congress. And please understand, there is no way she could win.
I'd never vote for Stein but I say this in Johnson threads so I'll say it here too. It makes ZERO difference if someone could win. I'm not voting for someone just because I think they will win. If that were the case I'd have voted for Obama in 2008 and I'd vote for Clinton this year, problem with that logic is that I don't support 95% of what they propose, so why in the would would I just vote for the person that I thought would hvae a good chance of winning? Its asinine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections