Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 12:53 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tell it to Tad Davine; Bernie's very well-paid campaign manager and a great lover of the Superdelegate system.

If Bernie lost ~ that's on him. You cannot point to ONE state and say it was rigged.

Whatever.

Trump is ten times worse than W. but you justify it to yourself however you have to.
Did I say any state election was rigged? No, I said the whole primary was rigged. Hillary has been the nominee long before any votes were cast.

If Hillary loses to Trump, that is her fault and the DNC. She isn't getting my vote, nor would she have ever gotten my vote. If party votes mean more to you than principles, then that is your issue. As I see it, both candidates are horrible picks and any vote for either one would be throwing away a vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 01:03 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Did I say any state election was rigged? No, I said the whole primary was rigged. Hillary has been the nominee long before any votes were cast.

If Hillary loses to Trump, that is her fault and the DNC. She isn't getting my vote, nor would she have ever gotten my vote. If party votes mean more to you than principles, then that is your issue. As I see it, both candidates are horrible picks and any vote for either one would be throwing away a vote.
It reminds me of women's figure skating where the winner is chosen before the competition begins. It's up to the ruling body together with the complicit media (that has been bought and paid for) to convince is it is all on the up and up. It's all about fabricating a good story that we are suppose to believe while ditching our own independent thinking minds somewhere.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post

The 'primary' is voted on state by state. IF you think the primary was rigged - certainly you must have several states in mind along with some proof.

The primary was no more 'rigged' than it has been for the past 20 years.

Again, Bernie's well-paid campaign advisor, Tad Davine, helped to craft the super delegate system. You can go on NPR and listen to him explain it in great detail.

I realize that you are determined to nullify my vote along with every other person who voted for Hillary.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Looking at Stein's platform makes me think she would be a female Jimmy Carter with even less experience. Too weak.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:00 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Looking at Stein's platform makes me think she would be a female Jimmy Carter with even less experience. Too weak.
Ok. Don't vote for her. Vote for the crook if she's more to your taste.

The great news is everyone who wants to vote for an honest candidate now has the opportunity!

Old 08-02-2016, 08:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The 'primary' is voted on state by state. IF you think the primary was rigged - certainly you must have several states in mind along with some proof.
Hillary Clinton ALREADY has the votes of 500 Democratic 'superdelegates' | Daily Mail Online

This was put out before anyone voted. What it is saying is that Hillary already has a huge head start so don't bother as you can't catch her.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:34 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,070 times
An informative program (The Diane Rehm Show) on the impact of third party candidates.

https://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2...idates-in-2016

Old 08-23-2016, 02:57 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Dr. Stein seems like one smart cookie, but she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she were somehow elected. Can she be America's Commander in Chief or its Chief Diplomat? Not a chance.

Mick
I don't get the impression that her anti-vaccine stance translates to smart-cookieness, just kookiness.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
I cant see where Jill Stein will be attracting many righties,she leads the green party which has strong views on environmental issues.
Bottom line? she has no chance of winning.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
She loses or another (D) or (R) wins and the country loses. Some choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections