Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I personally think the election has already been decided for us. However, I can see Ohio going for Trump this election given the fact that Clinton's recent rallies in the state have been minuscule.

I live in Arizona. My state will go to Trump I can guarantee it. But I encourage you to vote for what you agree with, not because of fear. We need to change that mentality in this country.
If it were any other candidate, I'd probably go that route, because we do need major changes in our elective process, campaign funding, who we allow to enter presidential debates, etc.
I could stomach John Kasich or Jeb Bush for four years as president, but Donald Trump is a very dangerous man. We'd basically be living under someone who is mentally unstable, ignores all protocols and conventions, and cannot endure personal criticism (not to mention zero political experience and the uncertainty he even knows basic governmental systems/processes and federal laws).
I can't in good conscience explain to my children how I chose to vote for an ideal candidate who had zero chance of winning rather than one I was okay with running the country, while in the process allowing someone this dangerous to become president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
If it were any other candidate, I'd probably go that route, because we do need major changes in our elective process, campaign funding, who we allow to enter presidential debates, etc.
I could stomach John Kasich or Jeb Bush for four years as president, but Donald Trump is a very dangerous man. We'd basically be living under someone who is mentally unstable, ignores all protocols and conventions, and cannot endure personal criticism (not to mention zero political experience and the uncertainty he even knows basic governmental systems/processes and federal laws).
I can't in good conscience explain to my children how I chose to vote for an ideal candidate who had zero chance of winning rather than one I was okay with running the country, while in the process allowing someone this dangerous to become president.
So you would rather throw your vote away voting for a corrupt candidate you don't even like? Try explaining that one to your kids....Trump is an egotistical idiot, but he has zero clue what it takes to be president, and he doesn't understand that even his own party would block anything he did in Congress, thus making him a completely useless president until he was voted out of office four years later.

Of course voting for Hillary is nothing more than a vote saying you approve of corrupt politicians running out country and want to continue to see this country and government continue further down this dark path.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
So you would rather throw your vote away voting for a corrupt candidate you don't even like? Try explaining that one to your kids....Trump is an egotistical idiot, but he has zero clue what it takes to be president, and he doesn't understand that even his own party would block anything he did in Congress, thus making him a completely useless president until he was voted out of office four years later.
Many of us would see that as a positive. Doing nothing beats what we have been doing.

Quote:
Of course voting for Hillary is nothing more than a vote saying you approve of corrupt politicians running out country and want to continue to see this country and government continue further down this dark path.
You just argued for the corrupt system.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
I think a doctor knows vaccines more than someone who claims to used to work in the field on an anonymous Internet forum. What medical degree do you have that trumps Stein? You really think someone with a MD degree, who spent their undergrad, their medical degree, their residency, and their career in continuing education studying science, medicine and healthcare practices would really be anti-vaccine?

If anyone is pandering here it's Hillary or Trump. If the Green Party pandered it would be exactly like the Dems.

A MD degree surpasses any nursing or healthcare administration degree so unless you are saying you are a doctor yourself or a pharmacist then frankly I don't think you have the ground to stand on for your argument. It would be like saying a paralegal knows more than a judge.

She's not saying to get rid of vaccines. Shes saying to get rid of corporate interest in them, like giving bonuses to doctors who vaccinate a certain number of their patients (insurance companies). If I say I am against illegal immigration does that suddenly make me racist? That is the same logic you are pulling here, you are really REACHING FOR ANY EXCUSE to be against the Green Party.

Error 404: logic not found.
Think what you want. She has a higher degree than me, but little experience in vaccines. Her comments are standard anti-vax. It's the same things Jenny McCarthy says. Stein has put herself on the level of a playboy bunny.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:12 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Think what you want. Her comments are standard anti-vac. It's the same things Jenny McCarthy says. Stein has put herself on the level of a playboy bunny.
And your comments are standard pro-Big Pharmaceutical. More, and more, and more and more drugs. It might explain you political stance.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:30 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Think what you want. She has a higher degree than me, but little experience in vaccines. Her comments are standard anti-vax. It's the same things Jenny McCarthy says. Stein has put herself on the level of a playboy bunny.
Have you seen the vaccine charts ? US and South Korea vax their kids the same
way, and only they have astronomical levels of autism, the charts coincide exactly
with new vaccines and new protocols since the 1990s. The correlation is visible.
Other countries who do not advise or administer the American-style vaccine protocol
on inflants and toddlers have the same levels of autism they did many decades ago,
which is virtually no cases.

Big Med and Big Pharma don't want to know the truth. All they care about is money,
they don't care about the children, and sadly neither do many doctors. Certainly,
our government does nothing to protect us.

They cannot admit it because the lawsuits would be in the trillions.

If they can't admit it, then they will lie and lie, to hell with all the children
who have to suffer for their greed and malfeasance.

Donald Trump and Ben Carson have discussed this. They know the vaccine protocol
has to change, and that there is something going on between vaccines and autism.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
My principles are voting with my brain rather than my heart. Voting third party in a swing state is a throwaway vote which only goes the way of the person you don't want to win.
It is true that when you live in a swing state - you actually feel the responsibility rather heavily. More so than when I lived in a pure blue and then pure red state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Actually, people are so interested in this election cycle that, despite the fact that there is disdain for both of them, there will be a lot of people voting .... maybe more than we've seen in a long time.
Also, the Clinton campaign, will be very active in getting out the vote. They will put a tremendous amount of energy into getting people to the polls.

And while it's good to be principled, sometimes the right this isn't the smart thing.
It's good to send a message but this is not the time to be stubborn, prideful and righteous. It's a "luxury" that this country can't afford right now.
These two candidates are not equally "evil". One, imo, absolutely is and the other (H.C.) is a typical politician who may or may not be able to make some positive changes. There is a chance that she'll do some good. There is absolutely no chance, given who he is and how people (ya know, like congress and others that a president needs to work with) feel about him, that trump will do any one any good. At all. Period. These are not two equally deplorable candidates with the potential to do equally horrific damage.
If trump is elected the country will be thrown into extreme chaos and the devisiveness will continue and actually get much worse and he won't be able to get a damn thing done. Your vote for Jill Stein will be contributing to a very, very bad situation.

Totally agree. You cannot compare these two candidates. Today, many Republicans are questioning Donald's mental capacity when it comes to politics. His hateful rhetoric; his thin skin; his inability to keep his mouth shut when he should - he is a dangerous man.

Quote:
Oh, I think we will see more people voting this election, I just think Trump and Clinton will see less votes than Obama and Romney.

Actually this is the time to vote for principle because it is always a good time when it comes to voting. I would never vote for someone I didn't agree with, and I especially don't vote for anyone who would cheat an election. Hillary has proven herself to be a corrupt politician and I can't knowingly support that with my vote.

I actually think it would be better for an idiot like Trump to win because it would force the Democrats to move further to the left and push to win more elections in Congress in 2018, and push a better candidate for president in 2020. If Trump were to ever win, he would be a useless one term president that would have no influence in Congress. Hillary winning will further damage the Democrats and could easily cause the country to move much further to the right.

So you vote for Hillary all you want, but if the Democrats wanted my vote, then they shouldn't have cheated to get Hillary nominated.
This is the same rhetoric we heard when Nader ran. NO, it did not bring on the revolution. It brought on George W. and the war in Iraq and 4500 dead.

And he was elected TWICE.

Secondly, please tell me which state cheated that caused Bernie to lose the popular vote. As well as the minority vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I'll try to find a Republican to convince to vote for Johnson so my Stein vote isn't "wasted" or considered a vote for Trump as so many seem to think.

There ya go!

Quote:
I personally think the election has already been decided for us. However, I can see Ohio going for Trump this election given the fact that Clinton's recent rallies in the state have been minuscule.

I live in Arizona. My state will go to Trump I can guarantee it. But I encourage you to vote for what you agree with, not because of fear. We need to change that mentality in this country.

I am voting for what I agree with. I agree with Bernie that Trump must be kept out of the White House at all costs. The R's convention and his numerous lies last week have only driven that home.

Quote:

Coulda lived with Kasich myself if he would leave women's rights alone. That's my big beef with him. He certainly was the most sane and uniting of all the republican candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
way, and only they have astronomical levels of autism, the charts coincide exactly
with new vaccines and new protocols since the 1990s. The correlation is visible.
Other countries who do not advise or administer the American-style vaccine protocol
on inflants and toddlers have the same levels of autism they did many decades ago,

Big Med and Big Pharma don't want to know the truth. All they care about is money,
they don't care about the children, and sadly neither do many doctors. Certainly,

If they can't admit it, then they will lie and lie, to hell with all the children

has to change, and that there is something going on between vaccines and autism.

So . . anti-vax it is.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

Almost 20% of our GDP now goes into filling people with drugs and all kinds of other medical stuff and it's growing like a wild fire. We are spending twice that of other developed nations yet we have the worse life expectancy of all of them. Yet Big Pharma and all who work in the medical industry just want to fill us up with more and more drugs, like a gasoline tank overfilling. It's a big, big business.

The two biggest growing monsters in our nation are Big Government and Big Pharma and they are robbing people blind. The only way to stop it is to vote for third party candidate like Jill Stein. She is doing great in the latest polls!

Old 08-02-2016, 09:38 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is the same rhetoric we heard when Nader ran. NO, it did not bring on the revolution. It brought on George W. and the war in Iraq and 4500 dead.

And he was elected TWICE.

Secondly, please tell me which state cheated that caused Bernie to lose the popular vote. As well as the minority vote.
This difference is the Republicans in Congress liked Bush and made it possible for him to invade Iraq, Trump would not get that same benefit.

This country has done lots of stupid things, like giving us two horrible candidates to vote between. I would rather have no president for four years than either one of these two.

Clinton didn't need to cheat any one election, the entire election process was rigged, down to the debates and making it sound like Hillary won every election even when she lost. She was selected to be the candidate long before the first vote was cast.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
This difference is the Republicans in Congress liked Bush and made it possible for him to invade Iraq, Trump would not get that same benefit.

This country has done lots of stupid things, like giving us two horrible candidates to vote between. I would rather have no president for four years than either one of these two.

Clinton didn't need to cheat any one election, the entire election process was rigged, down to the debates and making it sound like Hillary won every election even when she lost. She was selected to be the candidate long before the first vote was cast.
Tell it to Tad Davine; Bernie's very well-paid campaign manager and a great lover of the Superdelegate system.

If Bernie lost ~ that's on him. You cannot point to ONE state and say it was rigged.

Whatever.

Trump is ten times worse than W. but you justify it to yourself however you have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections